nsx pricing?

I recently bought a 91 nsx nice clean car, new tires, and have found out i may not be able afford to keep it.
its got 87k on it new tires, in the snap ring, but had a new tranny put in it. solid car, everything works.
I paid 24k plus expenses
Can i expect to be able to get that out of it?
or did i overpay.
what is everybody else saying? because books cant be used on these cars.

thanks in advance

nsxman222 said:
I paid 24k plus expenses
Are you serious with this thread, or is it just a new way of bumping an NSX For Sale Thread?:cool: For what it's worth, I think you could have got more than what you just sold it for on eBay. :wink:

of course its a real question.no its not a bump
the high bidder emailed me and said he made a mistake bs
I would of sold the car at that, b ut only because it was a contract i think its worth quite a bit more, no wrecks

what do you really think

you guys know the nsx market better than me

nsxman222 said:
what do you really think
I think that if your car is an "A" or "B" car, then yes, it should demand a higher selling price. I also think that NSX Prime is a great place to learn about NSX's and search previous owners comments, for sale ads, etc.

Dunno but carfax states odometer roll back. Look like it was twice:eek:

nsxman222 said:
or did i overpay.
what is everybody else saying? because books cant be used on these cars.
The FAQ is still accurate for the older cars like yours. Click on the word FAQ in the red bar at the top of your screen, the one that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

Then click on Buy, Sell, Ship, Store and then click on Pricing.

well i dont know what carfax your looking at.
but one mileage was about a 15 mile difference?and doesnt count as a roll back who would roll back 15miles?
and the second one shows nearly 30k miles put on the car in less than 7months? highly unlikely as well, most likely a written down wrong again.

you need to look at the actual mileage, just not read a generic carfax printout , which misses so many wrecks its not funny.Even again why would you roll back the odo 20k miles on a car that 20k miles doesnt really effect the value at all?

I was asking on the car in general and pricing your seeing
thanks for the opinions
anymore appreciated

bangbang001 said:
Dunno but carfax states odometer roll back. Look like it was twice:eek:

Point well taken but look how much trouble you would have to go through explaining that to someone who use carfax as their first step in purchasing a car. Most individuals (not all) use carfax and believe what it says. Do you honestly know what happened on the carfax error?:confused:

Just a thought.

I personally use it along with a PPI. But I guess at 20k it's a good deal considering what's on the carfax.

Just my 02 cents
Good luck on your sell.

nsxman222 said:
well i dont know what carfax your looking at.
but one mileage was about a 15 mile difference?and doesnt count as a roll back who would roll back 15miles?
and the second one shows nearly 30k miles put on the car in less than 7months? highly unlikely as well, most likely a written down wrong again.

you need to look at the actual mileage, just not read a generic carfax printout , which misses so many wrecks its not funny.Even again why would you roll back the odo 20k miles on a car that 20k miles doesnt really effect the value at all?

I was asking on the car in general and pricing your seeing
thanks for the opinions
anymore appreciated

agreed, but if you use carfax or autocheck as your only inspection and believe everything it says,probably not the best bet.

The thing is there much difference bewteen a 87k car and a 107k mile nsx in price?not really so it shouldnt have any effect at all.

And if someone came to drive the car and felt the condtition and how strong the clutch is, they would probably have hard time believing the carfax as well.
Visual inspection always better.

Im just wondering what i could expect price wise out of the car.
thanks

nsxman222 said:
The thing is there much difference bewteen a 87k car and a 107k mile nsx in price?not really so it shouldnt have any effect at all.

20K of driving is almost 3 or more years worth of driving on an NSX! That WOULD have an effect on price, whether you believe so or not. Lets take your 91. At 107K, your NSX was driven an average of 7K a year!! Even less if you think the mileage is 87K!

Usually, the problem with carfax is that the DO NOT uncover problems due to people not reporting them. To have TWO odometer rollbacks will make someone think twice about it. Again, you may not think so, but your not the one BUYING the car, your the one selling it.

But to get to your question about pricing, you probably want to get as much out of your sale as possible. Put the car up at a high price, and the market will tell you if your pricing is correct or not.

Again there isnt two odo misprints reported
one is less than 15 miles and even carfax says does not count towards a rollback alert, so lets atleast get the facts straight so someone might be able to give an opinion on price. Right less than 7k a year, so does it make sense according to a reported mileage than 30k miles was put on in just over a half a year? no of course not.

Also if you look at prices on prime, there is 120k mile clean title cars selling the 22 to 23k range and even a 160k one listed for 26k
Are they really selling for these prices?

And as far as selling prices in what im seeing 107k and 87k doesnt really make a difference as far as asking prices, and i doubt much if any maybe 1k on selling prices.I guess im trying to understand why that would effect prices.
I saw a 140k salvage 91 nsx bring 19,700 on ebay a few weeks back, mine with 50k less miles and no wrecks is only worth $500 more?

not to me atleast
doesnt make too much sense
Thanks for the opinions

NemesisX said:
20K of driving is almost 3 or more years worth of driving on an NSX! That WOULD have an effect on price, whether you believe so or not. Lets take your 91. At 107K, your NSX was driven an average of 7K a year!! Even less if you think the mileage is 87K!

Usually, the problem with carfax is that the DO NOT uncover problems due to people not reporting them. To have TWO odometer rollbacks will make someone think twice about it. Again, you may not think so, but your not the one BUYING the car, your the one selling it.

But to get to your question about pricing, you probably want to get as much out of your sale as possible. Put the car up at a high price, and the market will tell you if your pricing is correct or not.

NemesisX said:
20K of driving is almost 3 or more years worth of driving on an NSX!
Actually, it's four years' worth, on average. Median NSX mileage is 5K miles per year.

NemesisX said:
That WOULD have an effect on price, whether you believe so or not.
Mileage has an effect, but so does model year. You can't say "X years of driving" without also implying a difference in model years.

NemesisX said:
Lets take your 91. At 107K, your NSX was driven an average of 7K a year!!
Re-check your math. ;)

NemesisX said:
Put the car up at a high price, and the market will tell you if your pricing is correct or not.
iagree.gif

Start high; you can always lower your price later.

nsxman222 said:
Also if you look at prices on prime, there is 120k mile clean title cars selling the 22 to 23k range and even a 160k one listed for 26k
Are they really selling for these prices?
Sure. But the higher the mileage, the more important the condition of the car, rather than solely the mileage.

nsxman222 said:
And as far as selling prices in what im seeing 107k and 87k doesnt really make a difference as far as asking prices, and i doubt much if any maybe 1k on selling prices.
I agree; maybe $1K difference, at most.

nsxman222 said:
I saw a 140k salvage 91 nsx bring 19,700 on ebay a few weeks back, mine with 50k less miles and no wrecks is only worth $500 more?

not to me atleast
It sounds like you still haven't looked in the FAQ. Do it and you'll get a better sense of what your car is worth.

nsxtasy said:
Mileage has an effect, but so does model year. You can't say "X years of driving" without also implying a difference in model years.

Re-check your math. ;)

QUOTE]

I did!!! 2+2 = 5!!!:biggrin:

i find it pretty rare that "mistakes" are made on titles... nsx's are 20k-90k cars and I think people are pretty careful when the title is transfered. If there is an error... to me thats very shady.

and believe it or not... so what if there is a mistake on carfax right? ... but that mistake will affect the resale value of your car. If less people are willing to buy a carfax smudged vehicle, that will result in a lower demand hence a lower price.

Unfortunately and fortunately CarFax is Carfax and people listen to it.
There are lots of 91-94's and people will look for a clean CarFax over a tainted one, true or not. It is what it is.

Post the CarFax in your sale ad with a proper explanation and maybe and inspection from an Acura dealer. Full disclosure will take you further on Prime with sale ads.

-jim-

Back