NSX Prices - New Generation Affect?

IMHO, NSX prices have basically hit where they probably will stay for the next 5 years, before they start to go up in value.

In 2000, I had a chance to buy a clean 91 for $30,000. Which was a decent deal at the time. With 20/20 hindsight, I should have bought it.

7 years later, guess what a clean 91 sells for? Current owners are enjoying what is one of the very, very few non-depreciating automobiles that can have regular mileage put on it, normal to low maintenance expenses, without having to worry about it having a big impact on it's resale value.

They will probably never fall much below $25K without some sort of extreme mileage, repair history, or other significant 'issues' just because the demand is so high. 97+ cars won't ever go below $30K, and 02+ cars will likely stay over $45K until the end of time.

Fine a clean one, and enjoy it. Or fine a rough one, and beat on it. You'll be hard pressed to find a better value for your automotive dollar...

And FWIW, they sold over 3000 in the US in 1991 at $60-100K a piece when it first hit the market.

Adjusted for inflation, I'm sure they could move a pile of HSC-esque cars in the $100-120K mark. Americans are vastly more willing to live beyond their means now than they were in 1990. Look how many Gallardo/430s are being sold these days. 1000's each year. Lamborghini is smashing their sales records. I said it in the other thread, give us something "in the ballpark" for 2/3 the price and they'd virtually have a monopoly.

ASC, now that's another sad story all together. :frown:

Back