NSX Prices - Going Rate

Okay guys, looking to get back into an NSX, definitely a 2002-2005 froggy eye. Already wearing my flame suit on for those who said I should not have sold!! So for a 2005 car with around 20,000 miles (all maintenance up to date including TB/WP), bone stock, what do you think is today's market value? Oh I'm in Cali.....siD

About 60-70k+

Most of the 02+ I've seen don't have maintenance up to date and already want 60k+ and they get sold fast. So tack on a few grand for the maintenance.

Depending on color, you might have to look for awhile. It's not that easy to find a clean 02+ with that low mileage and stock.

You guys are scaring the crap out of me!! What a difference a year makes. Appreciate the opinion....

- - - Updated - - -

About 60-70k+

Most of the 02+ I've seen don't have maintenance up to date last car tookand already want 60k+ and they get sold fast. So tack on a few grand for the maintenance.

Depending on color, you might have to look for awhile. It's not that easy to find a clean 02+ with that low mileage and stock.

last car took me 18 months to find. ugh.

From personal experience (I just bought an 04 with 8000 miles stock - six months ago!), the prices here are pretty accurate. I paid just a tad over 70k for mine. Newer, low mileage, bone stock ones, are super hard to find, so I jumped on it even though the price was a little high. But I am happy with the purchase. Haven't seen anything better for sale since then.

Last edited:
There are other choices for sure. Don't forget the GT-R, two quite different cars. The NSX for me represents pure class!!
Well while gtr may be an option for some.. I don't consider it anywhere similar to an nsx. While 997and r8 very much so.

Last edited:
it's definitely been hard to find a 2002+ as of late, there doesn't seem to be many around and the prices are definitely up there for a clean stocker. fortunately I grabbed my Imola orange '02 back in August. but I'd been looking for a while.

$70,000 is definitely within R8 V8 range. and that's a fantastic car for that money. if a 290 horsepower V6 will move you, then a 430 horsepower V8 should be up to to the task... :smile:

Economy is going strong, so prices seem high across the board for all exotics. It is a tough time to buy as there are a lot of people out there spending lots of money. For a low mileage 2002-2005, you are looking at top of the market prices. Consider higher mileage for a better "bargain".

To be honest, price isn't going to be your biggest obstacle. It will be simply finding one for sale. NSXs are also being picked up by dealers as being an "appreciating classic" which thins out the herd considerably.

Last edited:
For a no issues, no stories, maintenance up to date car, you are looking at around $70,000 +. Not many pristine low mileage '05 cars out there for sale.

You're going to be closing in on the $70,000 range for what you're asking. I did find a 2002 Long Beach Blue Pearl/Blue this past year with 20,000 miles. OEM (except wheels) no stories, no accidents, etc and the valuation on it was $69,800. For a 2005 I can only imagine low $70,000's for what you're looking for.

Good luck, per wiki, there were 864 2002-2005 sold in the US. I bought my red/black 2003, sight unseen as soon as I saw the add, very smooth transaction and no regrets for 70K. And yes I looked at 996T, 997T, R8 and GT-R. Had a red/tan 2001 I sold and regretted as soon I saw it drive off.

Sidwac, you may want to check out the 05 Silverstone/Onyx with 32,000 miles for sale here on Prime. On the surface, it looks like a very nice car at a great price. Good luck with your search.

I love this thread :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I purchased my silverstone/onyx 03 new in 2003 for 77k.
It has 17,XXX. miles on it now.
No accidents and all bolt on mods :eek:

Sidwac, you may want to check out the 05 Silverstone/Onyx with 32,000 miles for sale here on Prime. On the surface, it looks like a very nice car at a great price. Good luck with your search.

Yeah, this one listed on prime just recently is a great deal for an 05 in my opinion. If I didn't already by an 04 in the summer, I would have snatched this one up.

Good luck with the purchase.

You did the exact opposite of me. Bought my red 91 NSX last New Years and ended up selling my 87 Grand National shortly after. However, no plans for a GN replacement yet :tongue:

good luck with finding... i have not seen a pre-teen 05 in a long time come up for sale in a while, and most of them are in the high 70s asking if not a lil higher. Remember only 248 built in the first place... Less than half the amount of GNX's built

Yeah, this one listed on prime just recently is a great deal for an 05 in my opinion. If I didn't already by an 04 in the summer, I would have snatched this one up.

Hmmm, may be a day late - the 32000 mile car is showing "sale pending". No wonder - a great buy. There is a 37000 mile all stock '05 s/n 119 just bumped ttt today at a more market correct $70k.

Well,

I can tell you that I paid $70k for my 05 LBBP that was right under 21K in July 2013. When I was really considering stopping my build, I check Blue Book and the car was valued at about $74k a little over a month ago, so the prices these guys are giving you are pretty damn accurate. At the time of purchase, the t-belt and other stuff had not been done, so I dropped another $3k'ish getting her back up to date with service requirements.

Good luck in your search!

Back