NSX or TT Supra?

The Supra is the only car I know of that can make 800hp and still only pull a 12+ second quarter mile. :biggrin:

a supra is an easily tunable drag car and freeway moster, But any car can be made to go fast in straight lines- Take a semi truck for example. On the freeway, they're slower than a snail, yet there are some that run 11's or 10's in the quarter mile and do top speed competitions on the bonneville salt flats. Slap a turbo/supercharger or raise the compression on anything, and surely it will make any vehicle very fast in the straight line. On the other hand, an Nsx is a car you buy for what it is and whats been put into it. Handling, exhaust note, all aluminum body& chassis, Hand built, responsiveness, acceleration, suspension designed under the supervision and input of Senna( F1 racing Legend), exclusiveness and road presence. The nsx is on par with other world class super/ exotic cars like Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini, while the supra can be categorized with Camaros, Mustangs, Corvettes, RX-7's and Skylines. The NSX is the gentleman's or playboy's car, while the supra is more of a college student/younger guy's car. Supra is a great car, just no comparison imo.

Last edited:
WealthBuildR said:
The NSX is the gentleman's or playboy's car, while the supra is more of a college student/younger guy's car. Supra is a great car, just no comparison imo.

enough said :wink:

Just as would an NSX sporting coilovers and anti-sway bars, a Supra with similar suspension mods can be made to handle beautifully and responsively at the track, it's not just a one-trick pony. Because it is so power-mod friendly, the focus is usually on it's hp production and rarely on it's handling ability. It is a very capable all-around GT, and hardly the handling slug that some of you think it is.

And as for which you should go for... I'm not really sure why this is even an issue... life is short, try them all... it's really that simple! As long as you buy at a pretty price at during slow season, you can minimize your depreciation in 6~12 months. If your a car nut, you shouldn't go through life without experiencing both the NSX and Single Turbo Supra... or Porsche Turbo, S2k, F430, Paganni, Miata, etc... just depend on how many you can snag in your life time, that's all... go nuts man! ;)

Now, for some constructive feedback on the Supra... simply put, the Supra is a beast. It will rip you a grin ear to ear in the straight, and yet, be very controlable at the handling limits with proper setup on track day (mine had HKS Hypermax Damper II coilovers).

Brake are world-class... I had to scrub down speed from 175 once in a major way, and the car was very stable under full-braking straight down to ~60mph. Handling was also very stable deep into triple digit speeds, and can get there in a blink. It's a car that doesn't need to make appologizes for anything. The only down side is that because it is so mod-able, many have been basterized with bad upgrades and dragged through the "rice" crowd. (And as NSX's become more affordable, rest assured, we'll start seeing the same thing happening to our cars.) It's unfortunate, because the Supra is one of the all time freak-of-nature sports cars.

I'm not saying it's better or worse than the NSX, because the question itself has no answers. But, it just seems like some have a bad impression of the Supra, and I wanted to relate my personal experiences with it.

Stephen
1stephen1.com

Last edited:
To compare them fairly, drive a stock NSX and a Stock Super, you will find out the characteristic of both cars. What you do afterwards is up to you.

I for one think that the NSX and the Supra are both amazing cars, no doubt. Sure, many dont like the easy HP gains and the "fart" style exhausts(I LOVE THEM, but not 89 Civic DXs with a skinny exhaust pipe...that sound like a bee's nest) but thats what makes that car desirable among my age group for one, and younger men -35. The NSX is a refined car by all means for the man who is like "I want a cool car that is mature in every way that you look at it" the Supra, well it is and it isn't. Depends on your taste in styling and whats useful on a body kit or complete rice. I my self would indeed go for the NSX, but then comes a sense of practicality...the Supra. Easier to keep up with, the aftermarket is crazy about them and will be, and also that in some cases, they are as rare as NSX in most places(which is true by me, I see more 360's then NSX).

I also got to bring this up how people say RICER=HONDAS. Look on ferrai chat and all viper/vette saying hondas are what they call RICERS. I dont understand how people say a supra is considered rice. Since we all drive hondas guess we're all ricer huh. Iv seen some riced out NSX myself. Also I wouldnt put Supras as driven by college/younger ages only. Seriously there are alot of 30+ supra owners. Also that people who drive a NSX are older and out of the College stage BS. Im 23 drive a NSX. All age groups drive all types of cars youcant just put a expensive car with the older crowd and less expensives cars with the younger crowd. Can these threads get any lamer. Both cars are awsome. If you were a real true car enthusiasts you'd like all cars not have so much pride on your own. Why ask such a dumb question on your own forums its like going on viper forums and asking whats better car a Viper or NSX DUH. I wonder what people are going to say here.

You can rice basicly anything...from a Ford Mustang GT to a Benz CL65 AMG. Putting worthless crap on your car and UGLY body kits with pointless features on your car is rice. You can have arguments about this for days and it wouldnt be solved. Some Nissan owners may think that what some Honda car owners do to their car is rice and vise versa. And as for the age thing your right, you can't put an age of a driver on a car. Hell, if I get a nice sweet paying job durring collage or whatever and I can buy a used 02-05 NSX by then with low miles...well YEE HAW I'll say I did good in school and influence other kids to do the same. No matter what your always going to get different views from people no matter what.

You can't go wrong with either car. I favor the NSX for it's exotic clothing (among other things), but I'm biased. I'm just glad that reliable Japanese cars can represent on the track and the drag strip. :biggrin:

Back