NSX or NSX-T ?

I buy the early NSX without the targa because of my own personal preference to get as much strength as possible in the car, and because that is the way the car was always meant to be as far as I am concerned. The targa really only came along for marketing purposes to help spur falling NSX sales. Do not get me wrong, the NSX-T is still a great car, but I will always like the NSX more. :)

mikec said:
I'm with ibDursty.
I really wanted a convertable; I settled on a T. I take my top on and off all the time. It's so easy. My bro has a C5 vette. He never takes his top off because its a two-man job and uses up all the storage space when its in the back of the car. The NSX top is easy to get off/on and the built-in storage on top of the engine cover provides safe storage.

It may be just my opinion, but I think the NSX looks even more exotic with the top off. All that said, I did have the privilage of driving a 91 coup and the car was nice and I could tell it was tighter, not that the T is loose by any means, but the coup is noticably tighter.

I think it all boils down to wheter or not you like the sun in your face and the wind in your hair.

I disagree somewhat as well. I owned a C5 and it was very easy to take the top on and off. Just be careful to make sure the top is latched properly. Once you hit 60, it shoots off like an ejector seat. :eek: (ask me how I know) Note to self, don't argue with your girlfriend/wife when trying to put top on. You may not do it right. :eek:

However, I can see how the NSX is better in the exotic looks and the storage capacity with the top off even though we don't buy them for that.

NetViper said:
Personally, I would get a 97 T because I think the 6-speed and 3.2L engine is worth the extra money. The 5-speed in the 91-94 is not geared as well and the extra midrange punch of the 97 is noticeable over the earlier cars.

A couple of things to keep in mind though, BabyNSX is that
in the UK, 3.2 6 Speeds didn't come out until 1998 (my 97T is a 5 speed) and that I'm reasonably sure (but not positive) that the gearing in the UK cars wasn't as mismatched as it may have been in the US - I'm willing to be corrected though :)

Cheers
Joe

Well, I gotta tell you all, one of the biggest draws of the NSX, aside from the fact that it is just a super car, is the T-top feature.

My wife and loved our 914-6 Porsche becasue of the Targa top feature. She really wanted a "convertable" and the NSX was the perfect solution.

We have had the top off for the month that we have owned it, of course the weather is great. I am sure that the car is tighter with the top on, but we do not track it or drive it hard. We just love cruising in it and listening to the engine.

So, if I were going to track the car, I would have likely either bought a coupe or check into adding a roll-bar or something to stiffen up the T.

Back