nsx on ebay 2002... salvage but fixable jh4na21672t000224

check out ebay. Its 2002 and has front and driver side damage. The guy wants 23.5 buy it now, its not bad for 02.

Re: nsx on ebay 2002... salvage but fixable

That's a labor of love...front end is pushed all the way into the driver's compartment. If you have a frame rack and a couple of weeks with enough torch work it should come back. May never be straight, if it is, should be able to put it together for under an extra $20K if you supply all the labor.

I would offer $15K and part it out...

I love it when people with no body repair experience claim something is fixable. Anything can be fixed, but whether it is worth spending the time and cost to do so is another matter.

In just about every case like this, the owner knows exactly how much it would cost to fix, and exactly how much it would be worth afterwards. If it were truly worth fixing, don't you think he would have it fixed before selling it?

nsxtasy,

I agree, and if you check the sellers past purchases it appears that he has been buying parts to fix other cars and motorcycles to sell.

i said to this man how much he will spend to repair this nsx trust me i know what im talkinb about these jobs if you want to buy from him and to repair all things without painting will be about 20000-25000$ it nor worth i think

I love it when people with no body repair experience claim something is fixable. Anything can be fixed, but whether it is worth spending the time and cost to do so is another matter.

In just about every case like this, the owner knows exactly how much it would cost to fix, and exactly how much it would be worth afterwards. If it were truly worth fixing, don't you think he would have it fixed before selling it?

true that. There are a bunch of other nsxs that come to mind on ebay that show up over and over again. One is a yellow nsx with a lot of frame damage from FL. This guy has been looking to get 27k for that junker for many month now. If its worth it to be fixed, it would be already fixed by now.

Just to document this: Vin # is jh4na21672t000224

This is a silver/silver '02 with a heavy front impact, a completely trashed drivers side, suspension damage and frame damage.

Attachments

• 81b5_12.JPG
    81b5_12.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 665
  • 82b9_12.JPG
    82b9_12.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 482
  • 8981_12.JPG
    8981_12.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 459

check out ebay. Its 2002 and has front and driver side damage. The guy wants 23.5 buy it now, its not bad for 02.
The car looks absolutely "perfect" to me. It just needs a "little" paint, body work, parts, elbow grease, and some phony sales pitch and lies. I am sure some "idiot" will buy it.:rolleyes:
Steve

I sent the seller a message to come over to Prime and part out the car. There are a few items from that car I'd be interested in (all interior of course)

This is a silver/silver '02 with a heavy front impact, a completely trashed drivers side, suspension damage and frame damage.

Good idea documenting this.

Bad news: the car is "bent" toward the left.
Good news: you won't have to steer it going round and round the track.

OMG that thing looks horrible. Even on a conventional steel unibody car with repair labor set at $44 an hour, the estimate would easily be over $10K.

You have to remember that a NSX is made out of aluminum, you need special tools, they have a lower melting point and the color does not change before it starts to melt. They also get work hardened easily, when a aluminum panel have a crease in it, that crease has been work hardened, now your trying to hammer and dolly it back to flat, that added impact makes the panel more brittle until it eventually cracks. now image doing that to the frame rails and upper rails and apron panels which are obviously crushed.

Acura only sells the front structural component as an entire assembly, the list price is $12K and i'm assuming should be around 20 hours of labor to install not including paint and misc materials.

The door shell on a NSX is $2000 a piece without paint and labor to swap over all the components.

Don't do it!! its not worth it!! All the money put into it the car will still have a branded title.

OMG that thing looks horrible. Even on a conventional steel unibody car with repair labor set at $44 an hour, the estimate would easily be over $10K.

You have to remember that a NSX is made out of aluminum, you need special tools, they have a lower melting point and the color does not change before it starts to melt. They also get work hardened easily, when a aluminum panel have a crease in it, that crease has been work hardened, now your trying to hammer and dolly it back to flat, that added impact makes the panel more brittle until it eventually cracks. now image doing that to the frame rails and upper rails and apron panels which are obviously crushed.

Acura only sells the front structural component as an entire assembly, the list price is $12K and i'm assuming should be around 20 hours of labor to install not including paint and misc materials.

The door shell on a NSX is $2000 a piece without paint and labor to swap over all the components.

Don't do it!! its not worth it!! All the money put into it the car will still have a branded title.
its been fixed. blocked by snow.

its been fixed. blocked by snow.

hahah i know, i'm wondering why the pictures was taken in the snow where you can't see the car clearly. It could just be me, but i think the rear wheel looks a little off.

heck! at 17k I'm bidding!!!
It'll make a great "winter beater" - just look at the pics!

"your bidding on a 2002 acura nsx with salvage title....BUT it is a rebuilt/salvage as soon as i go to the DMV and straighten something out in the morning:"

Yea, the cover-up for the frame you haven't been able to properly straighten out...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Did it sell? The auction was pulled before it ended.

I love it. The ad makes it seem like it had light front end damage.

"THIS NSX WAS INVOLVED IN A FRONT ACCIDENT. ITEMS DAMAGED WERE THE FRONT BUMPER, HOOD, HEADLIGHT, FENDER, AIRBAGS, ETC. THE CAR HAS NOW BEEN REPAIRED USING ALL ACURA PARTS AND THE WORK WAS DONE BY A CERTIFIED REPAIR FACILITY. AS YOU CAN SEE, THE CAR NOW LOOKS GREAT AND A PERSON CANT TELL IT WAS EVER INVOLVED IN THIS INCIDENT. THE AIRBAG AND ABS LIGHTS ARE STILL ON AND NEED TO BE RESET AT THE DEALER...."

Back