NSX on 405N (Sat. Night)

Ok, actually there is some story to this...
I was heading back to Irvine from Santa Monica on Sat. night around 9:30 pm...I was going around 70 mph and suddenly this car on my right was revving at me. It was a moded Supra....but I just drove on and minded my own business....guess that made the guy kinda pissed, so he zooomed passed by me. Far ahead was actually another black NSX, and the Supra was revving again at this NSX
...I guess the NSX driver didn't give a sh*t about him or his car, and the Supra just drove on.....However, after the Supra left, I sped up to about 90 mph to catch up with the NSX. I waved at him (not sure if he saw me since his windows are tinted) ....we drove on for 2 minutes until he made an exit...just want to see if this car belongs to any memeber of this Forum....thanks

You were heading to Irvine from Santa Monica on the 405N? I assume you mean the 405S.

I've given up on hearing from other NSXers in the Santa Monica region through this forum...I know two who drive black NSXs in the area but neither post to this forum (nor do they have tinted windows).

I would post about this early-model silver NSX (black top) I keep seeing in Marina del Rey, but it seems pointless...
wink.gif

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 23 April 2001).]

Hey Akira,
Thanks for correcting me...I was actually on the 405 S, towards Irvine.....The blk NSX had tinted windows, aftermarket wheels (I think it was a 17 by 18), lowered, and exahust (I think it was a greddy)....Maybe he is not a member from the froum....But it is always nice to see another NSXdriver.
Jack

it is always nice to see another NSXdriver.

Speaking of which...
biggrin.gif
the quarterly newsletter is scheduled to be mailed to members of the NSX Club of America in the next week or two.

Well, Ilya, there obviously are a few of us Westsiders who DO use the Prime...just I'm not aware of any Westside Primers that drive black NSXs.

You're right about not crossing paths. Geez, you're just minutes from me and I've never come across your NSX outside of that one NSXCA meeting.

Of course, I've been at work nearly 24-7 over the past few weeks...that could have a LOT to do with it
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 23 April 2001).]

Don't know who owns that black NSX but I'm pretty sure it was the same one I saw (I think it was closer to 10pm) in the Carson/Torrance area on Sepulveda. The one I saw had the early wheels. I was in my SUV (going to the movies) and saw it in the opposite direction.

Hey Gaymond,
I am also from Torrance, even though I go to school down in Irvine. I have seen a couple of NSXs, a red and a black....I think we are referring to the same black NSX but that car was different from what I saw on the 405 the other day....btw what color is yours?
JAck

I have a '91 red/ivory. I've seen a red T driven near the Del Amo Mall several times by an Asian guy but I've never seen one this close to home. I was assuming it would be the same one only because I saw one ~ 10pm on Sat and figured he jumped on the 110/405. When I used to live in Alhambra, I would see quite a few of them

Hey Gaymond,

I am around that area quite a bit also. 93' Black/Ivory w/98 rims & ARC exhaust. I've noticed a whole lot of NSXs (about 8 or so) near the beach lately. 3 of which women were driving. I'm starting to feel like a Boxter

I have a '91 red/ivory. I've seen a red T driven near the Del Amo Mall several times by an Asian guy

Gaymond, that could be me...though I don't look all that Asian (being only half). I do often take my T to and around Del Amo (I grew up in South Torrance...my parents still live there so I'm in the area often). BTW, I keep forgetting to mention that one of my arcade machine collecting coworkers (Justin) mentioned your name to me when he first learned you have a NSX. I, of course, immediately recognized your name from your posts on the Prime. Small world, eh?

Jackmac, where in Torrance do you live? Did you grow up in the area too?

netNSX, I recall seeing a woman driving a black NSX in the Marina a couple years ago...and at least one in the Hermosa Beach area more recently. Can't feel like a Boxter...I see more than a couple dozen Boxters for every one NSX.

Ilya, I see a yellow NSX puttering around Santa Monica every so often.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 24 April 2001).]

Is everyone going on the Prime Canyon Drive on May 20th?

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

I'm planning on it...hope nothing comes up between now and then.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 24 April 2001).]

Hey AKIRA,
Our family moved to Torrance for bout 4 years now.....I live up in Rolling Hills Est.(just above Del Amo)....do you go shopping often? I thought you were from Santa Monica?
Jack

Hmmm, I'm in the Irvine area new the campus quite a bit. I have a friend down there that I visit pretty frequently, sometimes with my Black NSX. She goes to UCI. I have 16/17 wheels (stock 97), lowered, with Comptech exhaust.. always clean.
smile.gif

Hi JC,
Where does your friend live? She living in the dorms or nearby apartment? Next time you come down to Irvine, plz let me know....I would like to meet you and have a little chat....See you
Jack

I thought you were from Santa Monica?

I work in Santa Monica, live in Marina del Rey, and grew up in South Torrance. As I mentioned in my earlier post, my parents still live in Torrance, so I do find myself in the area quite frequently.

My wife likes to go shopping and I like to go driving. So we often go out of area to shop...any excuse to drive is a good one, right? Remember my picture of the month?

http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/POTM/2000september.htm

In addition to dropping by Del Amo (more often to grab Starbucks frappucinos than to shop), I catch a lot of movies at the Rolling Hills AMC, but I absolutely HATE bringing my NSX to that crazy parking lot. I've thought about talking to Peyton Cramer Acura about leaving my NSX there whenever I take in a movie...do you think they'd go for it?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 25 April 2001).]

Hey Akira,
IS the Peyton Acura dealer you are talking about the one on Crenshaw and PCH? If you are refering to that dealear, I think they are under construction right now....I won't adivse you parking your car at AMC(bad parking)...How often do you visit Torrance?
JAck

Is the Peyton Acura dealer you are talking about the one on Crenshaw and PCH?

Yup...tha's the one. I didn't realize they are under construction (haven't been down there in a few months).

I won't adivse you parking your car at AMC(bad parking)

I've only had to do so once, and was fortunate that I got one of the better sized spaces right up front. But, if I know in advance that I'll be down there to catch a movie, we'll bring my wife's Civic.
smile.gif

(actually, my wife just reminded me that I've parked in that lot three times in my NSX)

How often do you visit Torrance?

Right now? Quite infrequently because i'm in deadline hell. In normal situations, I'd be down that way at least once a month for one reason or another.

Gaymond, now that I think about it, I think I've seen your NSX around the Torrance area. I remember one time I was heading south on Hawthorne (around 190th) and saw an early model red NSX heading in the opposite direction. And I should mention that on one of my more recent drives to Torrance, I saw an Asian guy driving a recent model red NSX (could have been a T, but the roof was on) making the turn from Palos Verdes Blvd on to PCH. Perhaps that was the Asian guy you saw.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 26 April 2001).]

Originally posted by akira3d:
Gaymond, now that I think about it, I think I've seen your NSX around the Torrance area. I remember one time I was heading south on Hawthorne (around 190th) and saw an early model red NSX heading in the opposite direction. And I should mention that on one of my more recent drives to Torrance, I saw an Asian guy driving a recent model red NSX (could have been a T, but the roof was on) making the turn from Palos Verdes Blvd on to PCH. Perhaps that was the Asian guy you saw.[/B]

Do you wear sunglasses when you drive? I've seen the same asian (or looks asian) guy in the red T (with a girl) more than once. He parks in the Del Amo Mall far away from anyone else, almost on Hawthorne (cracks me up but I don't take my car anywhere except for running errands). I've also seen him on PCH near the Redondo Mall (can't recall the name of that cross street). We're always headed in the opposite direction

Originally posted by akira3d:
often). BTW, I keep forgetting to mention that one of my arcade machine collecting coworkers (Justin) mentioned your name to me when he first learned you have a NSX. I, of course, immediately recognized your name from your posts on the Prime. Small world, eh?
[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 24 April 2001).][/B]

I've never met Justin but have exchanged a few emails with him over the years. There are at least 3 NSX'ers (in So Cal) who collect coin op arcade games but I've only met one in person. I bought my car from my buddy in the VG industry (works for EA Online in Carsbad). I used to love attending E3 but that was years ago before they went to ATL and I haven't been back since. I've set up the arcade for the GDC in '98 when it was in Long Beach and also the party for 3DFX in San Jose for last year's GDC. Used to do some minor consulting for Midway (when I was in college) Games San Diego and some pre press release stuff for Atari Games in SJ.

Gaymond,

Do you wear sunglasses when you drive? I've seen the same asian (or looks asian) guy in the red T (with a girl) more than once. He parks in the Del Amo Mall far away from anyone else, almost on Hawthorne

That is most definitely me!!!!!
biggrin.gif
I don't drive anywhere without my clips on...unless it is REALLY overcast or dark of course.

That far corner of the parking lot is my favorite spot at Del Amo because it is away from the madness (easy in, easy out) and, more importantly, very near the Starbucks
wink.gif

I've also seen him on PCH near the Redondo Mall (can't recall the name of that cross street). We're always headed in the opposite direction

Redondo Mall? What's Redondo Mall?

That could still be me as I usually take Sepulveda/PCH to get to my mom's (she leaves near RAT beach).

I've never met Justin but have exchanged a few emails with him over the years.

Justin makes sure we have vintage games to play in our office (I just got through exchanging high scores with him at JOUST).

There are at least 3 NSX'ers (in So Cal) who collect coin op arcade games

I don't collect them (don't think my wife would like me taking up space with such things), but, being the gamer/developer that I am, I can totally understand why anyone would want to do so. I'm just glad Justin shares some of his collection with us...helps take the edge off during our long hours.

I bought my car from my buddy in the VG industry (works for EA Online in Carsbad). I used to love attending E3 but that was years ago before they went to ATL and I haven't been back since.

Do you also work in the game industry? Are you thinking about attending this E3? If everything goes right, this should be a huge show for we Naughty Dogs...

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 26 April 2001).]

Back