NSX Newbie

I purchased a '99 NSX a few months ago. I'll be honest, I had no idea what I was buying at the time. I've always liked the look of an NSX. In my opinion, it's one of the sexiest cars out there. So, when this car was traded-in at my office (Porsche Dealership) I jumped on it. Thanks to everyone here on NSX Prime I've learned a lot. Nice to meet you all. :smile:

Welcome, congrats on the purchase. So do you get $&^* for owning an NSX while you work at a Porsche dealership?

Congrats on your new car! Most of us had to choose between an NSX and a Porsche (which are fantastic cars). I hope you love yours!

You'll probably find that you get far more eyeball in your NSX than you would in any Porsche short of the GT.

Post a pic or two and show it off!!!

Sometimes I get grief from my clients. Most of the time they are pretty cool about it though. I just tell them the truth. I can always get a Porsche. I can't always get an NSX...

I purchased a '99 NSX a few months ago. I'll be honest, I had no idea what I was buying at the time. I've always liked the look of an NSX. In my opinion, it's one of the sexiest cars out there. So, when this car was traded-in at my office (Porsche Dealership) I jumped on it. Thanks to everyone here on NSX Prime I've learned a lot. Nice to meet you all. :smile:

So what are the details? Mileage? Color? More importantly....what did you give on trade for it? :biggrin:

I just tell them the truth. I can always get a Porsche. I can't always get an NSX...

Those are words to live by...lol...so true...sooooo true! Thats the reason that I bought my 1991 - NSXs are so rare up north in the wintery climes of Calgary...we may get 2 or 3 a year..and they are either pieces of crap, or they are way over-priced:eek: So when mine came around - I jumped at the offer and bought the car the very next day. NSX is the look that kills baby...the look that kills!!

So ends my sermon...

Dam:cool:

Oh man... This car has a lot of stuff.... This is what I know so far: Tein Suspension, Ferrari Mirrors, Comptech Supercharger, Comptech Cat Back Exhaust, Cantrell Concepts Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, Side Skirts (?), HRE 18"/19" Wheels, Bremo Big Brakes (4 Piston/Cross Drilled Rotors), 2002 Rear Tail Lights and Lower Valence, Short Shifter, Upgraded Clutch (?), Xenon, Simpson Racing Harness D/P, CF Door Sills, CF Interior, Momo Shifter + HB and Autovation Pedals that I just ordered. :eek:

Last edited:
Oh man... This car has a lot of stuff.... This is what I know so far: Tein Suspension, Ferrari Mirrors, Comptech Supercharger, Comptech Cat Back Exhaust, Cantrell Concepts Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, Side Skirts (?), HRE 18"/19" Wheels, Bremo Big Brakes (4 Piston/Cross Drilled Rotors), 2002 Rear Tail Lights and Lower Valence, Short Shifter, Upgraded Clutch (?), Xenon, Simpson Racing Harness D/P, CF Door Sills, CF Interior, Momo Shifter + HB and Autovation Pedals that I just ordered. :eek:

Congratulations and welcome! Looks like your is fully loaded with goodies. :biggrin:

Congratulations!

You sure are lucky, bought one fully loaded like that. Someone did all the hard work for you.:smile:

Ferrari Mirrors? I gotta see this....please post some pics.....

No probably about it. 99.5% of the people on the road have no clue what an NSX is, much less what they look like :cool:

More people will point and look at your car even if they don't know what it is. Porsche's are everywhere since the Boxster hit the streets.

Back