NSX motor in a Acura Legend

You might have been kidding, but I imagine they kept the NSX transmission, so it would go in the right direction. :) Shift linkage has gotta be tricky though.

Thats a true sleeper car except for the fart can exhaust. Pretty neat thanks for sharing.

I wonder if weight really is an issue? Does an NSX motor weigh more than a Legend motor? It looks as if the car is completely stripped and ready for drag racing anyway, not really meant for turning.

Yeah if this is the same car I think it is(link didn't work for me) its a CTSC NSX motor. I think he is keeping the SC too. I saw this car on Acura-legend.com He was asking help for someone to post requests for some parts on here awhile back. I can't wait until its done. If this is the same legend I think it is.

i know there are legends with a 3.0 V6 engine...so, fitting the NSX's 3.0 V6 into one won't be that impossible...

i know there are legends with a 3.0 V6 engine...so, fitting the NSX's 3.0 V6 into one won't be that impossible...

Legends have the 2.5, 2.7 (which is the block that the NSX is based on), and the 3.2. The Legend in the video that you see is a 1988 Legend. While I guess nothing is impossible, swapping the NSX motor into a second generation Legend which came with the 3.2 comes pretty close to impossible.

this was reported a little while ago. there was a thread linked to a thread on another forum that documented the whole process. i'll see if i can find the thread...

BUT WHY!!!!!!?????????

Ugh why not just drive the NSX? wtf :rolleyes: the legend will handle like shit.... the nsx has better weight distribution and handling..... just leave it alone! And I love how they pulled the engine out of the top of the NSX instead of the right way, from the bottom...

This whole project is suspect.... :mad:

Not sure what's suspect about the project since he actually got it done.

The engine was also out of a wrecked NSX, so leaving it in the NSX wouldn't have given him a better handling car.

I think he is doing it to say he can...kinda like the LS7 engine swap in the NSX going on now...because he can. I am actually stoked to see the finished project. I don't think he is turning this into a track car. if he is its probably for drag, and besides, how much heavier(or lighter) is the NSX engine vs the legend. Guys on that forums are Acura enthusist's(sp) too. Probably one of the best cars(aside from the NSX) that Acura made. Anyway thats just my 2 cents.

I don't think he is turning this into a track car. if he is its probably for drag, and besides, how much heavier(or lighter) is the NSX engine vs the legend.

He specifically states, "I remove all these accessories that are not necessary in a drag car and there is more room that the normal stock G1…"

Cheers,

Josh

Listen to CDX_NSX he is the master of the LEGEND! hehe :biggrin:

This is true.

BUT WHY!!!!!!?????????

Ugh why not just drive the NSX? wtf :rolleyes: the legend will handle like shit.... the nsx has better weight distribution and handling..... just leave it alone! And I love how they pulled the engine out of the top of the NSX instead of the right way, from the bottom...

This whole project is suspect.... :mad:

I think he is doing it to say he can...kinda like the LS7 engine swap in the NSX going on now...because he can. I am actually stoked to see the finished project. I don't think he is turning this into a track car. if he is its probably for drag, and besides, how much heavier(or lighter) is the NSX engine vs the legend. Guys on that forums are Acura enthusist's(sp) too. Probably one of the best cars(aside from the NSX) that Acura made. Anyway thats just my 2 cents.

The background story behind this build is that this guy's son was a G1 Legend enthusiast. He was driving his G1 and was hit and killed by a drunk driver. His dad decided as a tribute to his son that he would do a serious build on a G1 Legend sedan just like his son's.

This may not be the best performing car in the world but he has great intentions.

Last edited:
Car2n says:

this is a special project in memory of my son Isai he loved Legends and we had the idea to convert one of his G1's into a drag car, we did not have the chance to do it together but now i do have the chance , money and time...

Did first gen Legends have the 2.5L? I thought only the Sterling model came with the 2.5 and all the Legends had the 2.7. I know my 89 coupe did. But it has been 20 years so my memory is a little fuzzy.

Miner

Yes, the '86 and '87 Legend sedan came with the 2.5L. The 2.7L started with the '87 Coupe.

Car2n says:
Hey Vic thanks for the posts to clear the reason behind the swap, also thanks to you guys that like this special project wish and hope to take it to a success point. :smile:

Back