• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

NSX meets 430 Scuderia Rear End

I think it is possible to produce a rear valance that is lower than the 02+ with the added fins. You would have to make it contour around the exhaust.

Example:
41394139DSC01731.jpg

d_394.jpg

Basically you could combine the +02 rear valance, plus the diffuser, into the F430ish rear. Just work with the lower bumper. Maybe mount the rear plate slightly higher.

Again, just my suggestions, in theory, because I have not researched this to the extent of pulling the rear bumper off as STMPO has.

i think the positioning of the exhaust on the bottom looks better... $0.02

Just playing around....

attachment.php

attachment.php

I know, I'm not very good.

looks nice but....

with that config i dont see any vent hole for the exhaust to cool down

the OEM design for pre02 and 02+ had vent for the exhaust.

just my 02 cent. :smile:

well... i guess i'm condemned to wait and built my own solution (as i posted earlier)...

it's hard to come up with a result that pleases everyone :tongue:

looks nice but....

...it's hard to come up with a result that pleases everyone :tongue:

Just do it. Why do you care about other people. Some may say it's ricey/losing the heritage of the car, others may call it original/inspiring. Do what you want to do with the car. As long as you're happy, who cares about anyone else. Enjoy her while she lasts, because I foresee companies like Tesla will reign supreme in the not to distant future.

Long

looks nice but....

I think that the air coming from underneath the car cools the exhaust. It can be directed to exit the rear valance via the triangle piece in the center. Just a thought, but what do I know, I'm just an accountant. :biggrin:

I think that the air coming from underneath the car cools the exhaust. It can be directed to exit the rear valance via the triangle piece in the center. Just a thought, but what do I know, I'm just an accountant. :biggrin:
That would be perfect Z. I agree, let the air tunnel through the rear center exit. BTW good chop. I like that. But then I like em all.:redface: But seriously, your design may be more adaptable to most exhausts.

That would be perfect Z. I agree, let the air tunnel through the rear center exit.

I think if the center part was open with a mesh screen, it would be perfect.

your design may be more adaptable to most exhausts.

My design? I like the sound of that. Maybe I can get a discount when/if this valence is produced. :smile:

j/k of course.

You can put me down for one of these if the price doesn't get too high and the final piece ends up being bolt on without the need to cut into the car. I also wouldn't mind the exhaust holes being left to later fabrication by the individual.

I know this thread started about a rear valance but how come this guys chop hasn't gotten more attention?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50999&d=1231874798

^ If someone could build a front bumper like this i wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy one. Make it fit with an 02+ hood and headlights, add some side skirts and i'd say you would have the best looking body kit i have ever seen for an NSX.:eek:

Back to the rear end project i would also add that the final ground clearance would be great if if could match the height of the oem side skits. From what i've seen all nsx rear valances are much higher than the front bumper and the side skirts and i've never liked that about any of them. It doesn't flow well imo.

I know this thread started about a rear valance but how come this guys chop hasn't gotten more attention?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50999&d=1231874798

^ If someone could build a front bumper like this i wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy one.
Thanks man! :biggrin:

I did another quick chop on a possible version of the rear.

Exhaust tips are in exact oem position on this one. If you make it - i think a two-piece construction would be the best, with a separate diffuser like Marga Hills.
That way the diffuser could be used with other bumpers as well.

Attachments

• ScuderiaNSX.jpg
    ScuderiaNSX.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

Exhaust tips are in exact oem position on this one. If you make it - i think a two-piece construction would be the best, with a separate diffuser like Marga Hills.

Fantastic photoshop work. I would buy both the front and rear bumpers that you chopped without thinking twice about it. Would you mind working me up a version of that front end with maybe something that could be retrofitted from an 02+ bumper? Maybe an nsx in black that matched the rear design you did?:biggrin:

Just to attempt to keep everyone on the same page here... it is the exhuast canister (actual muffler) that is the problem here.. not if the location of the tips will work....

Just to attempt to keep everyone on the same page here... it is the exhuast canister (actual muffler) that is the problem here.. not if the location of the tips will work....
Alot of talk in this thread has been about exhaust tips and customization. I merely made a design atempt that would work with most exhausts.

As for the canister being a problem... I guess you will have to do it like the MH diffuser:
DSC04548.JPG

in this design:

White_F430_small_reflectors.jpg

i really don't thing the muffler will be in the diffuser's way... i saw my car without the rear bumper... and looking from the side of the car, the distance from the most rear bumper line to the muffler is enough to accomodate the difuser, which is positioned very low, and it angles down inside the car in a short distance....i hope i did explained myself well enough..

and if the distance isn't enough...i believe, since this will be build from scratch), the final bumper could be a little longer to the back... nothing like the NSX-R GT rear bumper...but a little further than OEM...

what do you guys think?

There seems to be two trains of thought going on here in this thread.

#1 The entire rear bumper and valance is replaced to mimic the 430 and a custom built exhaust with a tiny canister or none at all would probably be needed.

or

#2 The bumper is left stock and a new valance is built using the stock exhaust exit location and won't be as wild looking but will be bolt on easily and still look more unique than most other options currently available.

I personally am leaning towards #2 because it would be allot cheaper to produce and we could all use our current exhaust set up. However if they can pull off #1 the right way and the cost doesn't get too high and it won't require trimming of the trunk or the rear of the car then i would probably buy one of those too.

I'm excited to see what they can come up with.:biggrin:

Alot of talk in this thread has been about exhaust tips and customization. I merely made a design atempt that would work with most exhausts.

As for the canister being a problem... I guess you will have to do it like the MH diffuser:
DSC04548.JPG

Racinghart,

Thanks for posting this picture... these MH spats were popular years ago when other options were limited. They were also very bad by design and that is what we are trying to avoid.

These spats actually took performance away from the NSX as they created large scoops at both ends of the car causing tons of drag.

The middle section was not popular but I think those reasons are easy to pick out.

And to help everyone visualize why the design will not allow to be like the original idea here but one that would look very different at completion... The orange Marge Hill fin is in a close location to the 430's farthest outer set of fins... The shape is very different and the depth towards the front of the car is extremely different....

We do listen though so for everyone concerned with the price and exhuast... we will be building this as a 3 piece mold that will allow for modification to the lower center section and a second design if the demand is there for it....

But I must say... WHEN we build this... It will look like the idea at hand, create an increase in downforce by correct design... and I cant wait to jump on you tube and post drive by videos of an exhuast that sounds amazing (or lets say F1 like) without 37 pipes coming in and out of 7 mufflers....

lol please find the humor in that... not a shot at any other part maker...lol

I think the GTLW would be a good candidate for this rear since it takes up little room underneath. No it's not the F1 sound your looking for but the 5.1 is gone, GT-Design hangs too low and getting anything simuliar takes too long and is out of many members price range.

I think the GTLW would be a good candidate for this rear since it takes up little room underneath.

I have to agree, being that I have a GTLW!

But seriously, there is lots of space under my car with the GTLW.

Look forward to the development of this part.

attachment.php

this one is #2, right?

Yeah something like this would appeal to me more than perhaps the original photoshop that involved replacement of the rear bumper and considerably more modification to the car. But if someone can do it cost effective and with minimal damage to the car then i would still be in for one even if it means replacing the rear bumper and custom exhaust fabrication.

GHS, i don't know if you are looking good at the picture, but that required exactly the same transformations to the car as the original design, which are NONE.

both replace the entire rear bumper, not just the valence, the only difference in them is design... and i prefer the original. as i said before, the original could be worked out to clear the OEM exhaust muffler...

Back