NSX market in Australia

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Why buy an NSX is a good question, firstly I have always liked the style, secondly they are great value compared to cars of similar age and specification and finally they are refined enough to convince my wife to ride in one! She does not like my EVO VIII, too rough and gut busting and loathes my 70's muscle car, so the Honda really measures up and although I haven't been far in it yet, I love it already!:smile:
Off topic, but I need help with where to get parts etc, should I start a new thread?

Any info on the import rule change and the states it affects? My import guy mentioned something they are off the list in some states (as cars able to import). I'm wondering about private imports. :confused:

Any info on the import rule change and the states it affects? My import guy mentioned something they are off the list in some states (as cars able to import). I'm wondering about private imports. :confused:

You can import any car you like into Oz , so long as you have owned it while abroad for 1 year , or if the car in made before 1988 , used to be a car 15years or older , If that were still the case I would be bringing in 91-93 NSX's by the boatload :smile: NSX is not on any import list in any state . The only imports that are here are private or the few that skimmed though the "grey import" window of opportunity .

This is one of the reasons your in Japan isn't it ?? Personal Import

You can import any car you like into Oz , so long as you have owned it while abroad for 1 year , or if the car in made before 1988 , used to be a car 15years or older , If that were still the case I would be bringing in 91-93 NSX's by the boatload :smile: NSX is not on any import list in any state . The only imports that are here are private or the few that skimmed though the "grey import" window of opportunity .

This is one of the reasons your in Japan isn't it ?? Personal Import

thanks for the heads up, i thought personal imports were still okay. This IS the reason why i'm in Japan, i couldn't afford to buy an NSX back home. Way to expensive. :smile:

Are you sure? I thought it was for the Japanese girls. :tongue: :biggrin:

Sssh Neo, they may be reading, all women are beautiful beings, love them all. :biggrin:

"As long as they were manufactured before 1988"

Wise words, my friend :wink:

Nsx prices haven't really fluctuated that much, still anywhere from 1.5 mill up. 91/92 (not a type r) 2.5-4 mill. (including shaken).
Although a guy i know was given a 91/92 for free with four thousand k's on the clock (yes 4 thousand). Knowing yak's (yakuza) has benefits. Frustrating because he doesn't even appreciate the car, counting how much he can get for it.

Last edited:
Are you aiming for the type-R ?? I should hope so , Can you bring back an NSX-R for me Too :biggrin:

Sssh Neo, they may be reading, all women are beautiful beings, love them all. :biggrin:

"As long as they were manufactured before 1988"

Wise words, my friend :wink:

Nsx prices haven't really fluctuated that much, still anywhere from 1.5 mill up. 91/92 (not a type r) 2.5-4 mill. (including shaken).
Although a guy i know was given a 91/92 for free with four thousand k's on the clock (yes 4 thousand). Knowing yak's (yakuza) has benefits. Frustrating because he doesn't even appreciate the car, counting how much he can get for it.

Damn! 1.5 mill = less than $16,000 AUD. For Japan's first supercar. Even if it is a flea-bitten example... people pay more than that for a lawn mower!

Have you considered getting to know some yakuza yourself?? :smile:

Damn! 1.5 mill = less than $16,000 AUD. For Japan's first supercar. Even if it is a flea-bitten example... people pay more than that for a lawn mower!

Have you considered getting to know some yakuza yourself?? :smile:

True, it can be cheap but then factor in tax, import, wharf fee's etc. it's still expensive. (especially since i lost my job in Nov!):redface:

Are you aiming for the type-R ?? I should hope so , Can you bring back an NSX-R for me Too :biggrin:

unless i was racing, i don't see the appeal of a type-r besides the "i have one" factor.

I like creature comforts, an added supercharger would be fine. Finding work is my new challenge the car has to wait.

I can get you an nsx r if i'm compensated enough :biggrin:

unless i was racing, i don't see the appeal of a type-r besides the "i have one" factor.

I like creature comforts, an added supercharger would be fine. Finding work is my new challenge the car has to wait.

I can get you an nsx r if i'm compensated enough :biggrin:

I'll buy the nsx,
u can reg it and drive it if u like. as long as u look after it and in 1 year bring it back for me :)

what kinda compensation you after :)

I'll buy the nsx,
u can reg it and drive it if u like. as long as u look after it and in 1 year bring it back for me :)

what kinda compensation you after :)

i would never drive someone else's car. If you are interested i can talk to my guy. I was joking about the compensation(but i sure we could work something out:biggrin: )! There are import fee's to consider, parking, insurance and rego(shaken) for a year, transfer of title, etc.

i would never drive someone else's car. If you are interested i can talk to my guy. I was joking about the compensation(but i sure we could work something out:biggrin: )! There are import fee's to consider, parking, insurance and rego(shaken) for a year, transfer of title, etc.

Well i am serious, i would of course need to know all the costs of importing.
Any one know where i can get this kind of information?????

The shipping i can work out as i deal with alot of shipping places.

Help would be much appricated

Well i am serious, i would of course need to know all the costs of importing.
Any one know where i can get this kind of information?????

The shipping i can work out as i deal with alot of shipping places.

Help would be much appricated

FYI, my friend has a car yard in Japan and he always go to the Auction according to him its very hard to find a cheap NSX in good condition, coz before I'm thinking to import it myself coz my friend can help me but after I work it out its not worth it, 4 years ago when I ask my friend NSX sold in Japan Auction around 2.5 million yen 1991 model and yen is around 68 to a dollar 4 years ago then you need to keep it there, by the time its get here in Australia maybe already around $45000, I guess with that kind of money you can find one in here, but our dollar is better now maybe its much cheaper still its hard to say, anyway good luck

gday guys. i am looking at a 1990 first registered 1991 black nsx import.
it has 70000kms, auto, black duco, cream interior and its absolutely immaculate inside and out. Would purchasing the car at $49k be a fair price to pay for this car? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially if there is anythings that I should lookout for seeing that its an import.

gday guys. i am looking at a 1990 first registered 1991 black nsx import.
it has 70000kms, auto, black duco, cream interior and its absolutely immaculate inside and out. Would purchasing the car at $49k be a fair price to pay for this car? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially if there is anythings that I should lookout for seeing that its an import.

will you be interested on my NSX ? 95 model Australian delivery 88500kms, regularly oil change every 6 months, if so please PM me then I'll tell you the price, thanks

---laski

laski, i cant believe you're prepared to sell your NSX - it's like selling one of your children. All the attention to detail you paid to your car. So sad. :(

Back