NSX is probably not the right car...

TC

Experienced Member
... to bring to Home Depot when you are planning to buy several large storage containers. I was pulling out of HD on Wednesday and snapped a pic of this NSX'er trying to load 15 storage bins into his car. As you can see, he's got about 1/2 of them stacked on the passenger seat with the T-top off.

11-22-06_1221.jpg

TC said:
... to bring to Home Depot when you are planning to buy several large storage containers. I was pulling out of HD on Wednesday and snapped a pic of this NSX'er trying to load 15 storage bins into his car. As you can see, he's got about 1/2 of them stacked on the passenger seat with the T-top off.

11-22-06_1221.jpg

Looks like a Monaco Blue, unfortunatly the NSX isnt too good for running errands. Fun but not too practical.:wink:

But it's the ideal car to take when your spouse wants to spend a ton of money and you don't :-) L, if you're reading this, just kidding!

I was on a drive with my ex-neighbour (he was in his Boxster). He bought a TV stand (disassembled). We had to ditch the box and even then it wouldn't fit in either of his storage compartments. Fit in the NSX trunk no problem! First time I've considered my car a cargo hauler! :-)

Surprised this guy makes enough money to own an NSX since he is sorely lacking in common sense and logistics abilities :tongue: Steve

thumbs up to this guy :P who said NSX is not practical! get some rope, put back to the Ttop and strap on those 2x4! :biggrin:

TC said:

Is that the Home Depot in San Carlos? I was just there in my NSX. But I was just buying some audio cables and screwdrivers... which fit OK in the trunk :D.

I also went to the Pep Boys across the street, and I WILL NEVER GO TO PEP BOYS AGAIN. On Black Friday they had exactly *1* open register, and there was some doofus at the front trying to exchange an alternator with a cashier who had no clue, all the while five other employees stood around reading the paper and drinking coffee. When I asked them if they were going to open another register, they merely grunted at me. Sorry, idiots -- you lost a customer for life.

Home Depot, OTOH, had lots of registers open, and I breezed through the self-checkout. In and out in less than five minutes.

I've made more than a few trips to Home Depot in my NSX. A few weeks ago I went to Best Buy and picked up a couple speakers for out on the lanai. They weren't very big, but I wound up having to unbox them to get them home.

flaminio said:
I also went to the Pep Boys across the street, and I WILL NEVER GO TO PEP BOYS AGAIN. On Black Friday they had exactly *1* open register, and there was some doofus at the front trying to exchange an alternator with a cashier who had no clue, all the while five other employees stood around reading the paper and drinking coffee. When I asked them if they were going to open another register, they merely grunted at me. Sorry, idiots -- you lost a customer for life.

I hate going as well. I have one 1 minute from my house and its so convient but everytime I go, its the same shit. One dumb ass, jersey white trash whore, moving at the rapid pace of a retarted snail. I always complain and they look at me like Im an asshole. Small world, eh?

The Kid said:
I hate going as well. I have one 1 minute from my house and its so convient but everytime I go, its the same shit. One dumb ass, jersey white trash whore, moving at the rapid pace of a retarted snail. I always complain and they look at me like Im an asshole. Small world, eh?

DAMN! we need to hang out sometime. :biggrin:

flaminio said:
Is that the Home Depot in San Carlos? I was just there in my NSX. But I was just buying some audio cables and screwdrivers... which fit OK in the trunk :D.

Yep - I see that you live in Redwood City. I live in Emerald Hills just north of Sequoia hospital. Where abouts do you live? I've seen a yellow NSX in my neighborhood every now and then.

Funny this thread should re-surface tonight. We were just at Home Depot a half hour ago and left with my NSX packed thusly. :)

IMG_3759.jpg

ho, ho, wth?!?

bodypainter said:
Funny this thread should re-surface tonight. We were just at Home Depot a half hour ago and left with my NSX packed thusly. :)
:eek: I noticed your signature... '95 NSX -> meaning you own a NSX-T!?! Brave, brave man you are using the T-top as stowage.

needspeed said:
Surprised this guy makes enough money to own an NSX since he is sorely lacking in common sense and logistics abilities :tongue: Steve

Thats what I was thinking. Did he forget he drove the NSX or what?

flaminio said:

Good eye Bob! NOw that I look closer, I think you're right.

Oh, and Pep Boys, it's a dump.

TC said:
Yep - I see that you live in Redwood City. I live in Emerald Hills just north of Sequoia hospital. Where abouts do you live? I've seen a yellow NSX in my neighborhood every now and then.

Out in Redwood Shores -- way out -- almost in the bay :D.

I've seen that Yellow NSX around too, but it ain't me -- mine's red. I also see a dude driving a red NSX down Brittan from up in the hills most every day. But never when I'm in mine :(.

do I look fat?

bodypainter said:
It's a Christmas tree that weighs maybe 20 pounds. What's the big deal?
Weight/mass isn't the issue. The overall surface area of the tree/object creates more drag, resulting in greater stress to the T-top's attachment points. Think of a sail on a yacht vs. a streamlined speedboat.

Re: do I look fat?

Osiris_x11 said:
Think of a sail on a yacht vs. a streamlined speedboat.
Ah, okay. I am certain we were safe there. My stepson was with me and with an arm out the window holding the tree we could feel it start to lift at about 40 mph. Fortunately, we were only 2 miles from home and 45 mph was about as fast as we went. Everything was fine.

TC said:

11-22-06_1221.jpg

LOL... :tongue: I can totally relate!!!! :biggrin:

needspeed said:

Hey, if you have no other vehicle available, you just gotta do what you gotta do... and work with whatchya got! ;)

Before I had the TrailBlazer, and first moving here, you'd be amazed how much the NSX is capable of holding, given some thought-out strategical planning. :tongue:

Back