• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in trouble again.. Please help...

Heyya...

One of the main radiator hoses broke... the temperature went high until 2 bars before the red zone when i realized.. and i managed to stop, letting the temp. cool down...

1. During the high temperature, i also noticed my throttle pedal is not leveled / aligned with the brake pedal (1 inch behind the brake pedal)..

2. After i changed all coolant hoses, oil filter, engine oil, ATF oil... the throttle pedal is still not aligned with the brake pedal... Hence, the RPM at IDLE is higher (at 1.2k rpm in Neutral Gear) than before as if the throttle pedal is being pressed.. what could be the failure parts?? throttle body?? :confused:

3. After 20 minutes warmed up and 40 minutes drive, VTEC cannot be enggaged... the highest RPM on all gears is at 5,500 RPM.. the temperature is almost at half of the gauge and oil pressure is at 6-7 bar during acceleration..

what could be the failure parts?? VTEC solenoid? Spool Valve gasket? Thermostat? :confused:

fyi, VTEC was working fine before the hose broke and temperature went high...

My nsx is NA1 Year 1991 with Automatic transmission.. 72k mileage with replaced Timing Belt and Water Pump..

:frown:

Last edited:
Resolve your trouble yet? Same thing happen to me months ago? Pipe burst and the temp goes way high. After fixing it I am not sure whther the Vtec engage at all. How do you check whether the Vtec is working anyway?

Hi all..

i have sorted out my 1.2k RPM problem by adjusting a screw/nut on throttle body... now, it is running at 1000 RPM (Neutral) and 900RPM on Drive gear..

i also have noticed there are few spots of engine oil including around the both VTEC solenoids... time to replace the spool valve gaskets..

Back