NSX in "Great Condition"

I was going through the "NSX for sale" section and noticed how everyone seems to think their car is a 10 out of 10 in looks and condition. I hate to say it but if your car is 10+ years old than there is not way the car is in excellent condition barring a complete rebuild and repaint. It is funny to me how every ad posts some claim of how their car is the best looking NSX around. I guess it is probably just sales talk to get interest stirred up but I don't think helps matters when someone sees the car in person and figures out it isn't as nice looking as the ad suggested. Most of the NSX's I have seen in person were in the B to B+ category.

Our NSX is 14 years old, and has just under 40k on the clock.

If you could find flaws on it you would be the first...
Everything is professionally done, and meticulously maintained. The car outshined the cleanest high value classics @ the 07 Keels and Wheels Concours d'Elegance in Houston. Why? Because that is the point of pride in ownership of this car. To the point of late night hours spent under the car with a dremel polisher- even the suspension shines.

When this car was one day old fresh from hand assembly, without miles it was not as nice as it is today.

Of course, our NSX isn't for sale- but if it was I have a feeling you would not be the buyer. Looks like you are basing your opinion on generic assumptions that do not neccessarily apply to specific cars.

Good luck finding a car that suits you.

P

Last edited:
Just curious, for those who have repainted their bumpers due to chips, what have the painters done to duplicate the quality of the OEM paint job?

I just had my bumper and hood repainted due to a 02 conversion. It's funny, but my paint guy showed me how even from the factory, how the lower plastic components were slightly off from the metal pieces. He said this is a common occurence for every manufacturer. I have owned my car for nine years and never noticed! Well, this guy is known for being very good, and damn if he didn't nail the color match perfect. The car now looks great.

not to stray too far off but you would not be the first yellow car to have different hues of the bumper compared to the aluminum.My local dealer had a just delivered yellow completely repainted because the owner noticed a diference in the rear spoiler/bumper from the rest of ths car,and the regional rep agreed.

Why does everyone make such a big deal about the car seeing rain? I mean it might make the car a little dirty but it's not like rain is going to damage the vehicle (assuming its not acid rain).

The pricing section of the FAQ/wiki shows condition as follows:

FAQ/wiki said:
A+ Perfect in every way. Like it just came out of a museum. Very low miles. Fully documented.
A Excellent condition across the board. Very well maintained, low miles. No deferred maintenance.
B Very good condition. Average to lower miles. Little or no deferred maintenance.
C Average condition and average to higher miles. Shows wear. May have some deferred maintenance.
D Below average condition and/or high to very high miles. Needs some attention. Shows considerable wear. Lack of maintenance.
F Very poor condition, needs serious attention and/or has serious issues
X Salvage and/or very major issues
- Not generally applicable

Note: For an NSX, "average" mileage is roughly as follows: Low = 2,500/year - Average = 5,000/year - High = 10,000/year

This is a good guide to follow. Sometimes you need to ask the right questions to find out how to grade a car according to this schedule. Has it been more than 15K miles since the valves were adjusted, or more than two years since the brake fluid was changed, or more than six years since the timing belt was replaced? If so, it's no better than a C. Does it have more than 5K miles per year of age? If so, it's no better than a C. Does it have anything - I mean anything - that doesn't work exactly right? If so, it's no better than a B, and probably no better than a C.

Of all the cars I've heard claimed to be in "excellent condition" and inspected in person, at most 20 percent are an A, at least 40 percent a B, and 40 percent a C or worse.

Why does everyone make such a big deal about the car seeing rain? I mean it might make the car a little dirty but it's not like rain is going to damage the vehicle (assuming its not acid rain).

If you continue to drive the car in the rain seals wear out faster and bolts that are not aluminum will rust including tool kit etc..

To the OP Remember your dealing with limited quantity so you can't be to picky if your on a budget.

You'd be suprised dude. 95% of NSXs have spent their entire lives in a garage. My 13 year old car had NEVER BEEN RAINED ON. That degree of pampering is fairly common with NSX owners. If you treat a Honda well, they don't age much at all.

:cool:

Unfortunately Id rather drive my car.

I use to think ferrari guys were bad, iv met more garage queen nsx's than fcars...

This seems a bit excessive/OCD. Usually, if painters cannot get a "perfect" match, they try to blend with the next panel, which normally works.

not to stray too far off but you would not be the first yellow car to have different hues of the bumper compared to the aluminum.My local dealer had a just delivered yellow completely repainted because the owner noticed a diference in the rear spoiler/bumper from the rest of ths car,and the regional rep agreed.

This seems a bit excessive/OCD. Usually, if painters cannot get a "perfect" match, they try to blend with the next panel, which normally works.

The owner like many got crazy and did not want only the "off" pieces painted,what I found interresting is that the regional rep agreed.

Have you been to any online dating sites?? lol talk about false advertising:tongue:

hahahaha that is a GOOD ONE! :biggrin:

Actually when I recently bought my 2004 white nsx, the interior was in BETTER condition than even I expected! The seats had NO wear and that was because I don't think it was ever sat in!

So it's very possible to be shocked but yes 10/10 examples like mine are not that easy to find....but then again mine is a 2004 model.

rk

Iv'e driven mind nearly every day since its purchase. It gets dirty and then I wash it. Then I go out and get it dirty again. It's made to drive. The 91's with 30K is sad to me. Your cars are begging for a drive!

You'd be suprised dude. 95% of NSXs have spent their entire lives in a garage. My 13 year old car had NEVER BEEN RAINED ON. That degree of pampering is fairly common with NSX owners. If you treat a Honda well, they don't age much at all.

:cool:

My NSX was never rained on until the day I drove the car home. It was a Baptism shower.:biggrin: Since then, my NSX has seen light rain about 3 times.

Back