NSX in Grand Prix White

I am looking at a 1994 NSX that just happens to be in Grand Prix white. Personally, I think the car is white looks great but noticed that Acura did not produce many in that color. Is the consensus that the car just never sold well in white or was there a problem with that color paint? Just curious. Thanks

I do not know the correct answer, but I think many do not like "sports cars" in white. I have always owned white other cars, but the NSX is the only sexy car I have ever seen that looked good in white. So I bought one:D

White is my favorite color so I own a 1993 Grand Prix White NSX. I also own a 1994 white Civic CX too. Just can't get enough white cars......:biggrin:

welcome to the club, nothing wrong with the paint!

The reason it's called Grand Prix white was because when the NA1 Type R was introduced in 1992, the only color availabe was the grand prix white. It was to celebrate Honda's F1 involvement in F1 back in the 60's. Unfortunately, not too many NSX ethusiasts want their cars in white, so the production number was low. However, if you ever want to convert the NSX to Type R apearance, that's the best way to go with.

madmap00 said:
I think the car is white looks great but noticed that Acura did not produce many in that color.
That is probably due to the fact that Honda did not produced that many NSXes to began with.

White is actually the 4th most common color for NSX in USA, other than Red, Black, and Silver. Most popular color in Japan. White is actually one of the most sought after color for used NSX now days.

I personally like black cars the best, ironically I have owned E46 M3, Supra Turbo, NSX, GS400, 300ZX turbo, Civic SI hatchback. All of them in white. If all else white is very easy to keep it looking fresh and clean. You can drive it for a month, still looking like you just washed the car, assuming you don't drive in rain or take it off roading.

White is extremely rare!

From 1991 to 1998 the ratio is: 444/7421 ... or 5.98%
From 2000 to 2005 the ratio is: 39/1422 ... or 2.7%

I ran the numbers quite some time ago. The only year I missed was 1999, but assume the percentage is much the same as the later years.

These (and other) numbers are available on this forum if one wants to look. Since we happen to have a white NSX, I decided one day to do the math. It was kind of fun.

If one goes even further into the breakdown, they will find out how many have black interiors ... or how many have the tan interiors. Of the later, that number is very small indeed.

Color is truly subjective, but we do like white on our NSX ... and are quite pleased with our choice.

Personally I was looking for a white NSX, but could not pass on mine for the price and miles currently 20,000mile. Like someone once told me, “white is a great basic color to paint over”. :biggrin:

I won't be painting over this!

886005_NSX_Rear-med.jpg

Black 94 #400 said:
Personally I was looking for a white NSX, but could not pass on mine for the price and miles currently 20,000mile. Like someone once told me, “white is a great basic color to paint over”. :biggrin:

You've been watching too much Bob Ross.

Vancehu said:
The reason it's called Grand Prix white was because when the NA1 Type R was introduced in 1992, the only color availabe was the grand prix white. It was to celebrate Honda's F1 involvement in F1 back in the 60's. Unfortunately, not too many NSX ethusiasts want their cars in white, so the production number was low. However, if you ever want to convert the NSX to Type R apearance, that's the best way to go with.

This info is not correct. Traditional Type R's are in Championship White, not Grand Prix White.

Nimbus said:
This info is not correct. Traditional Type R's are in Championship White, not Grand Prix White.

Good call...but a question, how does Champ White differ from GP White?

Also I saw a post recently that a new '05 was delivered in the UK in a pearl
metallic white...

Hothonda said:
Good call...but a question, how does Champ White differ from GP White?

Also I saw a post recently that a new '05 was delivered in the UK in a pearl
metallic white...

Championship White is a more creamy white color, not as a bright white like GPW.

There is also a Platinum White which is probably what you saw in the '05 UK post, that is a pearl metallic white.

I am on my second GPW NSX. I also had a black years ago, which looked great for a few hours after a detail (my wife has a black 05 Ody Touring now, and it too looks good for a brief time after cleaning). I have always thought of White as Honda's signature color, much like Red is Ferrari and Porsche's, and Green is Jaguar's.

Nimbus said:
Championship White is a more creamy white color, not as a bright white like GPW.

There is also a Platinum White which is probably what you saw in the '05 UK post, that is a pearl metallic white.

There are 4 whites total that I am aware of on NSXs:
Neutron white (Japan only) - color code NH545P
Platinum Pearl White (Japan only) - color code NH-609P
Championship White (NSX-R) - color code NH-0
Gran Prix White (all markets) - color code NH-565

I think the front one is Neutron white, 2nd is championship in the below pic
attachment.php

Last edited:
White94 said:

attachment.php

I think both white NSX in the pictures have been repainted white. Because i don't think they have ever officially import white NSX in HK from the dealer.

Could be, I am just going on what Lazarus said here.

Regardless, sure is pretty.

White94 said:

attachment.php

What color is that yellow one? That doesn't look like spa yellow.

Nimbus said:

Thank you for the correction, yes, it's championship white. In fact, the Integra Type R USDM is also championship white. The color is very whte, very very white.

Shumdit said:
I am on my second GPW NSX. I also had a black years ago, which looked great for a few hours after a detail (my wife has a black 05 Ody Touring now, and it too looks good for a brief time after cleaning). I have always thought of White as Honda's signature color, much like Red is Ferrari and Porsche's, and Green is Jaguar's.

All too ture:eek:

Not a white car person as well, but the GPW on the NSX is very nice. It makes the car looks really bold on the back especially when lowered with nice wide wheels.

I was turned off by the color before I see the car, but my opinion changed once I saw it.

My other favorite color is red with black top.

madmap00 said:
I am looking at a 1994 NSX that just happens to be in Grand Prix white. Personally, I think the car is white looks great but noticed that Acura did not produce many in that color. Is the consensus that the car just never sold well in white or was there a problem with that color paint? Just curious. Thanks

Where is it?? I have a '94 Grand Prix White and I think there are only about 19 others.

Back