NSX help needed in Orlando

I have found a potential NSX in Orlando. I have set up a meeting with the owner and stated that if I inspected it and considered purchasing that I would want to take it for a PPI. He said that he has had the car inspected by Acura of Sanford and by Nabil of First Class Automotive and that he is not doing it again. Now I can understand not wanting to keep taking your car back for an inspection everytime someone considers buying it, however whats my best recourse here to assure that the car was inspected and was satisfactory. Also the car is in the snap ring range but the seller said the upper transmission casing was verified to be replaced. May still be a decent deal depending on how much the seller is willing to negotiate on price.
Note the timing belt and water pump need to be replaced.

See attached thread for previous listing on prime

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37278&highlight=nabil

My two biggest concerns are signs of an accident and snap ring issue. Note Carfax was clean.

Any adivce would be appreciated or if anyone who knows NSX's inside and out and would be willing to help with an inspection that would be great too.

Thanks in advance,

Carl

Thread says car was sold. Did the sale not go through?

Lots of red flags...

If you're serious about buying it, and the seller is honest about the car, another inspection should not hurt the deal.

I'd probably walk away if the seller does not allow an independent inspection.

When I was shopping for my NSX, I had at least two NSX experts check out the cars I was considering from head to toe, and then some. I also consulted several others for their expert opinions. You can never go wrong with second opinions.

clr1024 said:
whats my best recourse here to assure that the car was inspected and was satisfactory.
If the car has been inspected during the past twelve months, their inspection should still be accurate and you can accept their inspection (in which case I agree with the seller, another inspection is an unreasonable request). If you're nervous about it, feel free to insert a clause in the contract stating that it it is contingent on the car being in the same condition as during their inspection.

If the inspection was more than a year ago, another inspection, at your expense, is a reasonable request; if the seller refuses, I would look elsewhere.

Back