NSX GT1 Turbo Lemans 1995

even tho this is a repost...i can't get enough of that vid

Not a re-post I'll ever complain about. Goes to show.. just a half million dollars or so in modifications coupled with a little factory backed Honda support and you can lay claim to shrug mcclaren F1 GTR's off. :wink:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/21/rumor-nsx-development-halted-acura-going-back-to-drawing-board/

The new NSX should be something like this LeMan car but detuned as a street model. Or prehaps the HSC body with a detuned engine simular to the LeMan car, is still better than this ASC thingy we're seeing.

F1 GTR competitive... de-tuned Le Mans GT1 650ps NSX turbo inspired... with an extra big cup holder and 4yr/50K Acura warranty... for a hundred grand? Hmm.. pretty much just let me know when my deposit is due because wrenching on my garage floor in February is starting to get a little cold over here. :)

I am quite amazed at how similarly this NSX sounds and accelerates in comparison to my 95 turbo NSX.

The only difference that I can see from this video is that traction is present on the GT NSX; slicks are a wonderful invention.

I really need to get a proper in-car video posted. Sometime within the month the weather will warm up enough to get the beast out of storage :)

what are those dual polished canisters? their intake manifold of sorts or cooler system?

what are those dual polished canisters? their intake manifold of sorts or cooler system?

That is a custom twin turbo intake manifold. Appears to be a 'log-style' design probably with converging walls for a ram-effect. I would speculate they likely did a lot of flow testing to get the right plenum volume, and initially had internal cross-over orifices to determine what degree of balance from one turbo to the other the engine prefers, especially given the high output levels and consistency they were intending to achieve.

BTW, I received your check yesterday. Thanks.

Wish it could have ran longer than 7 laps, wish Honda brought it back for a couple more years. What ashame

Back