NSX for $5,800?

http://cars.oodle.com/view/1991-acura-nsx/1904046058-kansas-city-mo/

I emailed the guy, he insisted it has no salvage title, says 60k service is done and says car is in great shape. I am trying to find more info using the VIN # atm but just wanted to get your guys' thoughts? Even if it HAS a salvage I am willing to purchase because I am looking for a cheap NSX for a project. I live in california and the seller says he is stationed in the military in new jersey right now. He wants me to wire the money and offered to ship the car to my place at his expense and even offered a 5 day money-back return or whatever.

I just hope this isn't one of those 3rd world country scams but I don't know this seems too low for even a poor NSX. I apologize beforehand if this is the wrong section but would really appreciate some advice!

Now I'm off to the salvage thread to see if the VIN matches :smile:

edit: here is the VIN for people not wanting to open the page

JH4NA1152MT000765

Last edited:
COME ON!?! Grrr...

http://cars.oodle.com/view/1991-acura-nsx/1904046058-kansas-city-mo/

... the seller says he is stationed in the military in new jersey right now. He wants me to wire the money and offered to ship the car to my place at his expense and even offered a 5 day money-back return or whatever.

I just hope this isn't one of those 3rd world country scams but I don't know this seems too low for even a poor NSX. I apologize beforehand if this is the wrong section but would really appreciate some advice!

Reference: http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/acura-nsx-cars305795648

1991 Acura NSX - $24,000
  • kansas city, MO
  • Owner: Larry Roelofsz
  • Call: 816-468-5520

About This Vehicle
Listing: Used Vehicle
  • Mileage: 71,500 Miles
  • Body Style: Coupe
  • Exterior Color: Black
  • Interior Color: Cream
  • VIN: JH4NA1152MT000765
  • Transmission: Manual

Last edited:
Wire money= rip off. A parts car is worth at least that much. If you want it bad enough, see it in person. At a minimum, ask for pics showing something specific (index card w/ today's date, can of Coke on rear wing, etc.) in it.

I live in california and the seller says he is stationed in the military in new jersey right now. He wants me to wire the money and offered to ship the car to my place at his expense and even offered a 5 day money-back return or whatever.

Smells like a scam.

COME ON MAN!! :rolleyes:

I heard if you send him $10k in unmarked 100 dollar bills and give him your bank account number he will wire your change back plus give you a $500 discount on the car. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

911, welcome to the NSX board and to your 1st official post, and, where you will find some sound advise and great members with a wealth of information. The short clip video tells it all. This is a classic scam as seen by the link below the short clip.

If you are serious about getting an NSX at some point, do your homework, use Wiki, search and read up on this site for a least a week. Good luck in your search for a car.......

p.s. if you sent money, you will never see it again...calling 911 to report it would not help you either :rolleyes::rolleyes:

911, welcome to the NSX board and to your 1st official post, and, where you will find some sound advise and great members with a wealth of information. The short clip video tells it all. This is a classic scam as seen by the link below the short clip.

If you are serious about getting an NSX at some point, do your homework, use Wiki, search and read up on this site for a least a week. Good luck in your search for a car.......

p.s. if you sent money, you will never see it again...calling 911 to report it would not help you either :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was not planning on wiring him the money through an email LOL, I'd be more than happy to fly to see it in person before purchasing it but what threw me off was the car was located in KC and he said he was in NJ. .:confused:

Thanks a lot for the advice though really I will be spending a lot of time reading up on here! :smile:

That's freakin' hilarious, Osiris!
I'm reading the subject line thinking the exact same thing- naturally - and see old George Kennedy next to the Killer in that embedded video and start laughing out loud literally.
My wife thinks that I've gone 'round the bend.
Classic!

I'd be more than happy to fly to see it in person before purchasing i

Don't even bother, the chances that NSX is legit as as slim as that I'll meet TONIGHT Jennifer Lopez and Jessica Biel and they will come over to my house and have some "fun" with me and my GF ... yep, me and 3 girls! LOLOLOL

Oscar

Last edited:
911, if you find a NSX of interest, get the VIN and search this forum as well as google it. Chances are something will show but not always. NSXprime members are located all over the country and even overseas. Save the flight cost and ask on this site if someone lives in the area where the car is located to do an inspection. That does not make it a ticket to buy, just feedback from someone usually in the know. Nothing worse than flying to see the perfect car, only to find out its junk.........

overw/ ...

Eh I thought so lol thanks a lot I appreciate it. Mods you can close this :frown:
COME ON MAN!! :rolleyes:
The short clip video tells it all. This is a classic scam as seen by the link below the short clip.
C411_911 said:
Thanks a lot for the advice though really I will be spending a lot of time reading up on here! :)
That's freakin' hilarious, Osiris!
I'm reading the subject line thinking the exact same thing- naturally - and see old George Kennedy next to the Killer in that embedded video and start laughing out loud literally.
My wife thinks that I've gone 'round the bend.
Classic!
:D

"Move along, there's nothing to see people. Move along."

Last edited:
I hope NSX and future NSX owners are not that gullible.

Definitely a scam, they are never where the car is and always require a money transfer of some kind. If its too good to be true, it probably is...

Its always a low enough amount that someone feels comfortable sending away...

Even a salvaged title NSX has to go for at least 10K I would think :confused:

This is whats called "Nigerian Scam". They will want you to wire money through Western Union, then asks for the confirmation number, and then you can kiss your cash good bye. Western Union is so stupid. They might even tell you to wire it to someone else name just so they will not pull the money, but all they really need is the confirmation number. My friend got scammed a long time ago with a fake guy supposedly living in Italy. I know too well about all these stupid scams.

My advice to you is...dont even waste your time with this car. Dont even think of it...let it go. Look for a legit car. Good luck buddy!!!

image-5-for-star-trek-new-and-old-gallery-323352987.jpg

beam_me_up_scotty_no_intelligent_life_down_here_mousepad-p144137158403651907trak_400.jpg

Don't even bother, the chances that NSX is legit as as slim as that I'll meet TONIGHT Jennifer Lopez and Jessica Biel and they will come over to my house and have some "fun" with me and my GF ... yep, me and 3 girls! LOLOLOL

Oscar

"DREAM ON!" .............. remember that TV series? :biggrin:

I loved this thread and all the most hilarious posts - dudes this was classic. I especially like the Star Trek referrence! Great stuff guy - I'm still laughing.

Now seriously - does anyone think that there could be any NSX for sale for 5800 that wasn't just a totaled out mess of parts - I mean come on - must be new at looking at cars that's all I can say - just unreal:rolleyes:

Anyway - keep reading here and looking it will all come clear eventually! :wink:

"DREAM ON!" .............. remember that TV series? :biggrin:

Well, you got me good on this one, that series started in 1990, in 1990 I was 13 years old :redface: .. moving from a spanish speaking country to a portuguese speaking country LOL ...but I imagine been HBO that was a good one!

Back