NSX FI Shootout

I am not sure what good a dyno day shootout will be. There are enough dyno's on here to make a choice. In fact, there was a dyno shoot-out years ago with the BBSC, CTSC and Gruppe-M. It didn't really prove anything that wasn't already known. Ie, BBSC makes more power up high, CTSC makes more power under the curve, and the GruppeM makes good TQ.

What is lacking is actual performance data. 1/4 mile would be the best way to compare. You could also get a VBOX and record 0-60MPH 0-100MPH 0-150MPH times and get an idea exactly how fast the cars are. Of course, you need a pretty safe place to get to 150MPH. You could also do rolls from 40MPH to say 120MPH to take the start out of it and not worry about toasting clutches.

Maybe you could get an airstrip! :)

Why not contact Supercars Exposed and see if they can cover it. Tanner would love it.

You can count me in if it is in PHX,LA or Vegas.

First off , I am not going to add a "quote" of anyone.

I would really welcome a review of my kit versus the others.

I would like to make some points about my kit:

1) I never "recommended" that people run without a BOV, only that it is not crucial to the operation of the car , as I said , many factory turbo cars have no BOV , I do recommend one , the only reason I did not include it in my "tuner kit" is so that the customer can choose their own brand of BOV.

2) I never insisted that people use methanol injection , it is beneficial IMO , but doctai - for one , is not running it with my kit , and he has great results

3) I really don't know where the idea that I do not have a complete kit came from , my kit DOES come in a big box , ready to go on your car . This same big box I sent to doctai , frank spano , cs-r , richm , godfather , keeptrying - the list goes on...

MY KIT DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FABRICATION , IT IS AVAILABLE 100% COMPLETE. For a very reasonable price.

- I am not saying my kit is the best .
- I am not saying it is better than anyone else's.
- I do not have anything bad to say about anyone else's product
- Everyone is entitled to their opinion
- My turbo kit is just another option for nsx owners

I'm not for or against this "shootout", but I just want to say that there are way too many variables involved like others have mentioned.

Even though our Stage 1 kit can be pushed to 550 to 600WHP levels on pump gas, how is that a fair comparison for someone looking at 350-400WHP kit choices?

Some people have made comments about one vendor's unique marketing tactics against other companies, but I welcome it. It seems that the more negativity that comes out, the more phone calls we receive and the more orders we get. Let the bashing continue...

Angus- I don't know you personally, but I appreciate the way that you handle business on this forum. You're a gentleman.

Last edited:
HP performance vs Lovefab turbo, the HP performance replaces your headers, saving you money for initial installation, and also offers a better angle for oil drain.

The LoveFab kit also replaces your headers, saving you money for initial installation. And the angle for the oil drain is more than adaquate. I will say that with the LoveFab kit, there is no extra fabbing of parts or adding components to make the kit work effectively and efficiently.

Thank you to all the vendors who offer us such great force induction kits. This should not be called a shootout but instead a comparison of force induction kits.

- whp/trq numbers and at what rpm range.
- cost
- drivability - what type of clutch needed.
- noise
- what type of engine management system.
- can it be daily driven 10k miles a year or is it strictly for the track.

Hopefully this can help those that are looking for a force induction kit and are weighing the differences between different set ups. I have always wanted a comptech set up but since there have been so many new options I don't know which route I want to pursue anymore. I know that a lot of Nsx owners are affraid to go FI because our engine is so expensive to rebuild if anything goes wrong even a blown head gasket job can be a headache.

Thank you.

Last edited:
since you "always" wanted a CTSC....and "never" bought one....do you think you will really ever buy a turbo?

if you are still in SD it will narrow your choise of FI and NONE of the current turbo solutions will pass emisions in thier "kit" form...

FWIW....i feel this is a silly post and request....
WAY to many variables....
someone said lest all tune them to 450 cause that what most people want.....this is not a true statement...most people want the most they can get safely, for the least amount....its just that the general opinion is that 450is all you can get safely and cheaply...

Manh3, Mark told me the same line. I would never buy a FI system for the car. Now look, a couple more weeks my car will be complete with a (ANGUS) turbo kit. Take your time with this decision, make sure you feel comfortable with your choice. It's your money and car no one elses. Frank

Manh3, Mark told me the same line. I would never buy a FI system for the car. Now look, a couple more weeks my car will be complete with a (ANGUS) turbo kit. Take your time with this decision, make sure you feel comfortable with your choice. It's your money and car no one elses. Frank

come on frank...you know the only reason i bust your b**ls is cause you called me for a month..."im sending you money tomorrow, dont sell it"....2 years later you finally buy something.....

all the findings a a "shootout" are here on prime to find...someone with some time could put together a simple excel spread sheet with all the info...it would be as accurate and as fair as an actual shootout.

Marc is right -

Back