NSX Days Spa Francorchamps 04-05/09

To be honnest I'm not a very assertive person, so on a first meet I have difficulties to start the conversation to begin with, I know this about myself. Secondly I know you are busy during the trackdays, but what really ammazed me at Anneau du Rhin was the fact that at noon it was everybody for himself and there was nothing arranged, no get together. Next time I'll leave my NSX at home and come with my Renault Kangoo and I'll do a BBQ for everyone... deal?? Or track the NSX... sounds better than a BBQ, I want an experiences co-driver to start with, so he can help me on my first laps.

Bart, we will do that next year, its a promis.
I'll take you with me for some laps for introducing you.
We should have 2 race NSX's with us, thats the plan for next year.
Also with a semiprofessional driver, which actually is the leader into the HONDA Civic Type R endurance challenge at the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

You can read that the other guys like Kevin will do that for you too.

But BBQ is also a good idea, because the food you can buy into the paddock area, is getting worser and worser each year ;)

Bart Geerts said:
Secondly I know you are busy during the trackdays, but what really ammazed me at Anneau du Rhin was the fact that at noon it was everybody for himself and there was nothing arranged, no get together. Next time I'll leave my NSX at home and come with my Renault Kangoo and I'll do a BBQ for everyone... deal?? Or track the NSX... sounds better than a BBQ, I want an experiences co-driver to start with, so he can help me on my first laps.

Of course you're right - at anneau du Rhin there used to be a lunch for everyone in the club house some years ago provided by a caterer but as this was expensive and (IMO) not worth the price there were less and less participants. Other clubs like SAR or Pistenclub provide own drinks and food at the track - for only little money or completely free.

Compared to that the NSX club here is not really a club - it's a collection of different groups and individuals.

As for this year at anneau du Rhin: Register for the event, bring a helmet, and you can do both - taking a ride as a passenger (also with me if you dare) and drive yourself with an experienced Co-driver (I have driven some hundreds of laps there since 1998, so you can ask me). Of course it's always better to be a bit more "offensive" to get in contact with race addicts like me.

edit: typos

Last edited:
Hey Bart,

Tried to find you for a chat (i was parked at the F1 pits), but couldn't locate you.
I have been going around the throphy circuits for a few years now, always together with some other dutchies, but after all that time, there are not a lot of people who will talk to you. You be suprised though when you try to start to be friendly with some people, how fast you are getting 'friends' around the group, even most of them not NSX related, but all havin the same goal for being at an event.

L'anneau du Rhin is a fun little circuit, i went there a few years back, to meet the NSX crowd, and also meet Enzo, well, thats David, i mean... :p
Food and drinks is a problem at that circuit though, nothing avaible.
Maybe a good place for a get-together with some swiss?
Howabout a meeting at the Nordschleife? Small track, but affordable ;)

Mich

About the event,

I also thought it was a joke.
Maybe coz of the tracktime the Honda guys got, or maybe the simple fact that our good friend Guus wasn't there this time.
Maybe i have been to many times, it's just more of the same thing really.
It was good to see the F&F crowd though.
Good to see so many NSX's from belgium as well!
Meet up with some people from last year, and even Mag from the UK showed up in her new 350Z, just to say hello.
I really have to compliment Detlef on his NSX, it looks very clean, not overdone, just enough.

For me the most enjoyable part of the day was my departure from home (06:00) to the circuit in Belgium. Empty roads and the police still in bed :D

We've met some new NSX friends: Raymond Harth, Eli Weusten, Peter Potter, Richard Kneppers and Dirk J. Uittenbogaard for example and keep close contact with each other in the future. So, not everything was so negative. I also wish to thank Gerard van Santen and family. They're always very kind.
Indeed, it's all about just starting a conversation... ;)

BlueEyes' NSX said:
:(always nice to watch you racing, Gerard ;) )

Thanks.

BlueEyes' NSX said:
:confused: Indeed: the whole event was a big joke. NSX-days ???? the only cars on track were Ferrari's and Porsche's :mad: Only from time to time we saw Honda ITR's or NSX's

Yes. It was a big yoke. This is one of the weekends you're looking forward to a whole year. I paid for the race. So I hope there will be a refund. I can assure you that I was really mad :mad: :mad:

And to make it all worse, an Integra hit my right rear fender and door. So I have a lot of damage too :mad:

But I have done a lot of laps during training hours.

Gerard

Last edited:
Bart Geerts said:
To be honnest I'm not a very assertive person, so on a first meet I have difficulties to start the conversation to begin with, I know this about myself. Secondly I know you are busy during the trackdays, but what really ammazed me at Anneau du Rhin was the fact that at noon it was everybody for himself and there was nothing arranged, no get together. Next time I'll leave my NSX at home and come with my Renault Kangoo and I'll do a BBQ for everyone... deal?? Or track the NSX... sounds better than a BBQ, I want an experiences co-driver to start with, so he can help me on my first laps.

Hi Bart,

Sorry that I have missed you and you missed me. My PITBOX (this year no. 26) is always open for everybody. Certainly for a fellow NSX owner/enthousiast. Please don't leave your NSX at home next time. And please, if I don't find you try to find me.

Gerard

We had planned to take the trip from up north to visit both Spa and the Swiss meeting, but had to cancel.
I hope someone will take the initiative to arrange some "off-track" acticities like parking, a meetingplace, BBQ/lunch etc and also if we could sign up as passengers before the event.
We will come for sure next year, and I am sure a few more of the Scandinavian NSXers will join in. I am not asking for some big event, just a little bit of structure to make it easier for us "newcomers".

Well at the risk of embarrassing myself with my poor driving skills, here is a link to a couple of laps of Spa.

Here The file is 34Mb. It is best to right click and download the file to your computer.

It was my first few laps of the day. I was also using Honda OEM brake pads all weekend. I was taking it fairly easy all day.

hi all

i still think that spa was ok.
But i now the nsx club is for fans of racing,and yes the owners are always welcome ,and if you thalk with the racing people they will help en talk to all of you nsx owners and take you for a ride if it's possible.

I tray in the spring in holland a meeting for all of you and tray to get a circuit for us nsx people and some good intructors and let you feel the power of your car in a safe way.

you will here it soon,so all belgium en dutch and anyone who like to join always welcome,and you can always mail me about the event, if you like to join.

and j14nsx we come over to england soon ;)

greetings frank and joke

THE GOOD OLD TIMES

Gerard
5576Gerard_van_Santen.jpg

Busy people (Mothergoose-Guus Todt right behind Norcini NSX)
5576Norcini.jpg

Procar at work ( an oil leak somewhere)
please look at the ultralight hatch holder construction
5576Dali_Racer_8.jpg

Just heard some issues regarding Spa and club racing: Another member totalled his NSX at Radillion after Eau Rouge (about the same problem that Maarten had last year but this time without injuries).

Due to a FIA intervention the club isn't allowed to organize races any more without having a licence for the club, a special training for the organisator and racing licences for all trophy participants. All this is scheduled for next year and will of course cost some serious bucks.

As a non trophy participant that just wants to drive free trainings without competiton I don't really like this decision as it will take away money and driving time for the other club members (Trophy participants are by far the minority and the number is decreasing every year). Therefor I'm thinking of leaving the club. There are a lot of other (and cheaper) possibilities to drive on european tracks. :(

Well a racing license in the UK doesn't cost that much. I have a non-race racing license. It allows me to do sprints and hillclimbs, but not race wheel to wheel.

To upgrade the license costs £400 where I will have to take a days training and take an exam, but it is not difficult. However, The NSX club races are outside of the UK, so does this mean I need an international license?

No racing can take place here without roll cages in the cars, drivers having licenses and the club being a member of the MSA (UK FIA).

I hope the club can still continue to organise track days. If not, then the members that are here, should organise themselves to visit track days that are being run. It would be a shame not to meet the friends I have made over the last few years again.

I belong to an organisation here that holds track days throughout the year, even at Spa and other European tracks. The instructors (optional) are ex-F1 drivers, and the whole organisation is very professional. So if anyone wants to come to the UK, and try some of the tracks here its very easy.

j14nsx said:
However, The NSX club races are outside of the UK, so does this mean I need an international license?

IMHO yes. Here in Germany you could get the international C licence immediately after the licence training and a medical examination but that has changed in 2004. Now it's only the national A licence as first step. To get an international licence now you'll have to participate and get ranked in official national competitions.

Of course your other point is interesting too. Usualy a car used in official races has to have rollcages, fire extinguisher, main switch etc. Don't know if that would be the case for the Honda Trophy too. Some of the cars have that stuff already but only a few of the NSXs. I doubt that someone will pay the enormous bucks for a custom made NSX rollcage just to participate in the Trophy.

Last edited:
Same here. I think an international license is not that far away from being able to compete in Formula 1.

IMHO, if you want to go racing, there are a lot of cheaper ways to do it than racing an NSX. I know we race NSXs becuase we like them, and its nice to be able to have some fun with other NSXs.

The guys in my motorsport club, have all sorts of cheap cars, which they race, rally. They compete becuase they want to race, and not just to drive an expensive car.

Maybe another way is to run like a time trial, with one car leaving the pit lane at a time, at a 20 sec interval. This would not be wheel to wheel racing.

Back