NSX Corral at the Concorso Italiano(Pics)

Last friday we went to the concorso italiano in carmel CA and met up with the other NSX's there, this year we had only 9 NSX's show up, last year we had 23 NSX's in the corral, but I guess that all adds to the "limited availability" of the NSX
wink.gif

I took over 400 pics at the show and I'm in the process of sorting them out and posting them, you can view the pics of the NSX corral here;
http://community.webshots.com/album/47467718QcmxUB

check this link again over the next couple of days as I get the pictures posted, some great pics of the new Ford GT40, Saleen7, McClarenF1, and millon$ bugatti! lots of ferraris and Lambo's

------------------
johne
1992 NSX Blk/Blk
1995 NSX-T Blk/Blk

[This message has been edited by johne (edited 19 August 2002).]

Where'd you see the Saleen? I caught the GT-40, Cien, & Mosler at Pebble Beach as well as a few of the other more common exotics but would have loved to have seen the S7.

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Is that a blue Nissan 350Z in the background in one of the pics?

I think that is a G35 coupe .. which is not out yet either...

Sweet pics.. i want to see the Mclaren!

Why is there not a post of these gatherings?

I was unaware that NSXs were going to be there. I wouldn't have even known about the Concorso Italiano if my friend hadn't been invited to display his Lotus Esprit.

Of course, this weekend was my wedding anniversary...so heading up there to look at cars was out of the question.
biggrin.gif

Tan, you've heard about the Acura PV Concours d'Elegance, right?

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 19 August 2002).]

NetViper; yes the blue car in the background is the new infinity G35, it was pretty nice and sounded really cool, had a nice deep rumble to the exhaust note.

I've posted some more pics, check out the GT40 which was my favaorite of the show and the McLaren F1 in a really nice imola orange color paint. I'll post the Lambos and Ferraris tomorrow.
http://community.webshots.com/album/47570166UxKZUH

[This message has been edited by johne (edited 19 August 2002).]

You know....

That GT40 is awfully nice. It seems to have much of the specs and appeal of what everyone expects out of the next gen NSX.

I love the timeless styling too.

If Ford can make these cars for $100K, then I think a $90K or even a $80K NSX looks pretty lame.

And you'll get service and a warranty from Ford.

Hmmmm....

Let's hope Ford makes enough of them and the gouging isn't too bad.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Jim,

I think the GT-40 has the specs everyone wants in a sports car. If I am not mistaken they want it to weigh 2600 lb's and have 500 horsepower? If those are the specs, I see nothing under 500k that could match the theoretical performance of a car with said weight and power.

Only time will tell. I think if the power and weight of the GT-40 are what Ford claims it will be...the price will not. I do not think it is likely we will see said car for under 100k. I could be wrong though.

I hope I am wrong as that would probably be the most exciting car to come out since the Acura NSX!(the reliable exotic)

The peripheral shot of the GT-40 with the engine cover up is simply amazing! I think that is the most awsome engine bay I have ever seen. The Ford engine just looks mean guys!

Also, below the shots of the GT-40 is the Bugatti. What an unbelievable car that is. I love the paint job. That car simply reeks of class, wealth, prestige, and indulgence...I love it hehe!

I was out there, but unable to go to the concours italiano. I did however see the following cars in front of my hotel all at the same time. I almost fell over!!:
McClaren F1
F40
F50
2 Diablos, including what used to be Nick Cages orange Diable with CA Plate "CLOK WORK"
Pantera
GT2
and 2 M5's

All at once!!

The number of incredibly cool cars being driven around the area was mind boggling!!!

Only saw 2 NSX's the whole time, and only one new M3, white.

Steve

Back