NSX A vs. Carrera 2/4

jonomo said:
Don't get me wrong.. I think the NSX is a great car.. looks good, fun to drive, reliable, and easy to maintain.. I can clearly see why it draws such passion from people who like to drive it....

However, the NSX is just the next progression in a line of cars... and the car right below it is the Integra and RSX... there's no inbetween car right??? there's no $50k car thats inbetween the Integra and NSX... just a bunch of luxury sedans... so in a way its just the next progression of the Acura line... Integra.. a bunch of sedans.. then the NSX... but the Integra and NSX were the only 2 sports cars in their line up back then...

Also, Porsche as a sports car manufacturer has been around WAY longer than Honda.. thats just fact... hence.. it has a richer heritage... not saying one car is better than another... some people like the way the porsche looks, and others prefer the NSX.. thats all fine and handy...

As for race heritage.. Honda has a very successful history in racing F-1 and such... and i'm sure much of that technology is transfered to their cars... however, porsche, ferrari, and even corvette has a much richer road racing history... when's the last time you saw NSX in GT3? I don't think i ever have... you usually see porsche, corvette, or ferrari....

NSX = Mid engine Integra RR... hehe J/k ya'll....

Yeah, you sound like you have driven a NSX and an Integra... lol I don't know, I guess I shouldn't have sold my Integra for the NSX...

How about that Heritage? F1? Last time Porsche did anything in F1 was custom engine for McLaren... And Honda kicked their ass so hard on the track... and Alain Prost had to get out of his F1 car and push it to the finish line? No joke, it actually happened... Awesome Heritage from one of the greatest sports car maker EVER!

Perhaps Porsche is going backwards for builting mid engine cars, SUV, and Sedan...hahahaha...

The only time Heritage comes in mind are the Ferrari guys... Expensive cars, exotic performance, outragiously priced. After all, great car comes with great responsibility, like $500 oil change. But I will own one in the future, just because I like them...

Well, again, I love Porsche, i must say it again... LIke a super fast VW Bug, which had plenty of heritage...

Last edited:
heathbar0 said:
here ya go surferx... another for jonomo :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Ha ha...awesome!!! :biggrin:

jonomo said:
I would get the Porsche...

Manual and Auto makes a HUGE difference in driving feel... and it sounds like the NSX is too pricy in your region without offering too many choices... Early 90's porsches are beautiful cars and are great fun to drive.... They also have a much richer heritage... NSX is like an upgraded Integra...

This dude needs to be introduced to the PrePaidASS lifestyle. what u all think????

Late

PrepaidA$$ said:
This dude needs to be introduced to the PrePaidASS lifestyle. what u all think????

I think he needs to pay to get ass...too bad he can't afford it! :tongue:

Last edited:
mikkicus said:
hi everybody,

I have a question for yall! What would you do? I have the option of getting a silver '93 NSX with 87000km on it. 2 owners. Pretty good condition. However it is an automatic and I would rather have a manual. The problem is that in Europe NSX are really hard to get, they are usually red, abused and "extremely crazy" priced. I could also get a '92 Porsche Carrera 964 2. Black and manual. Don't get me wrong, both cars are fun. I would just like to hear what the "nsx-community" thinks. What would you get? And no I cant wait for an nsx with manual to appear. I have to make a decission now.

Thanks

greetings from Switzerland

Mike

'99 Accord V6 Coupe
'98 CRX Motegi

OK, I feel even minded enough to talk about this - yes, as an NSX owner I could be all Rah-rah about the car - As a Porsche owner I could tell you all about that too and say my NSX is nothing compared to the Turbo.

Its just not like that, they're different cars for different things - since I've bought the NSX I'm not driving the Tubro (which I share with my best friend), nor am I driving the Vanquish that my neighbour and good friend says I can borrow in a car swap any time I like - the NSX is a perfect tooling around car, not soo much power that you don't get to shift gears (Porsche Turbo city driving is 1st to 5th if you want to maintain your license and have a bit of fun)

I'm a newly converted track rat and I have to say the NSX is wow on the track as well - but I'm gonna buy a 944 so I don't learn to wreck my NSX.

Overall, I suppose I'm rambling, you don't play first base with a catcher's mitt, its about the right tool for the job.

If you can only buy one car, I'd buy a 5-6 speed NSX (Not Auto - because of the HP Drop - 20-40, non-trackable (you can get to the Nurenburg ring in a couple of hours you lucky f-ck! :biggrin:), and IMO a real sportscar isn't an Automatic because the sport comes from gear selection, downshifting and the beauty of the tranny.

Therefore, if thats your only choice, skip it!

The Porsche is excellent, If you can get a C4, better still, maintanence cost will be higher, gas milage worse, the car is less unique (especially is Switzerland) but it has a back seat, ski rack option. BUT it just isn't a unique supercar ride, compareable to Ferraris, Lambos, etc. in seating position, field of view, etc. - its a Porsche which is great, but different.

Umm, if you're talking about the videogame GT... neither porsche or ferrari are on any of the games.

To call the NSX a souped up Integra is like saying the Saleen S7 is a souped up mustang... or a Z06 is a modded up Cobalt... or the Ford GT is a modded up mustang... or a Gallardo is a modded up Golf... or a Viper is a modded up Neon...

you get the idea.

I think we scared Jonomo off :tongue:

rickysals said:
To call the NSX a souped up Integra is like saying the Saleen S7 is a souped up mustang... or a Z06 is a modded up Cobalt... or the Ford GT is a modded up mustang... or a Gallardo is a modded up Golf... or a Viper is a modded up Neon...

you get the idea.

Yeah...we get the idea...the idea is jonomo is an IDIOT! :tongue: I hoped we scared him off NSXprime and off buying an NSX. Good riddance! I think he's better suited for an SLK or Boxster. Maybe I'll talk PrepaidA$$ into sending him a rainbow sticker for the back windshield of the SLK/Boxster. :tongue:

Last edited:
surferX said:
Yeah...we get the idea...the idea is jonomo is an IDIOT! :tongue: I hoped we scared him off NSXprime and off buying an NSX. Good riddance! I think he's better suited for an SLK or Boxster. Maybe I'll talk PrepaidA$$ into sending him a rainbow sticker for the back windshield of the SLK/Boxster. :tongue:

The Rainbow stickers are for the "Special Ones" . They have to earn their fudge. :biggrin:

Maybe jonomo is already a team member?

O.K I feel nice tonight.
Here you go!!
You are now in the Rainbow club!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 151
Back