Ns-5000

Guy's...

I didn't think it would be possible to design a Front Engine car that could still retain the NSX theme, but this latest rendering convinces me it can be done if the designer's get the right concept to work with.

Still Many "Wicked One" styling cues.

For the name, it seemed sensible to combine bits of both fazed out Model number's.

Spec's subject to change. Opinion's welcome.

Spooler

Attachments

• ns 2.jpg
    ns 2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 347
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Spooler,

Your rendering certainly looks decently mean, and probably better than we can hope for. If they built this I don’t know if I’d want to rush out and buy one (because of engine placement), but I guess I’d start the whole Hey-lets-wait-17-years-until-it’s-affordable clock.
Honda stated that the redesigned car will have Corvette overtones, and this version certainly does – C4 overtones, that is.
Not knocking it, Spooler! You have great skills and wicked taste, btw.

Spooler,

Your rendering certainly looks decently mean, and probably better than we can hope for. If they built this I don’t know if I’d want to rush out and buy one (because of engine placement), but I guess I’d start the whole Hey-lets-wait-17-years-until-it’s-affordable clock.
Honda stated that the redesigned car will have Corvette overtones, and this version certainly does – C4 overtones, that is.
Not knocking it, Spooler! You have great skills and wicked taste, btw.

Thanx very much for Compliments,

It's certainly a challenge to try and create a sleek, front engine car that does not take on Corvette overtones. I tried hard to do this, hoping it would take on more of an Astin Martin type of flavor.

here's a Comparo wth 2003 Vette....

Attachments

• com n 1.jpg
    com n 1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 200
I think you should try and move the glasshouse rearward a tad. And cut the overhangs. Also I don't think a front engined car needs so much intake in front of the rear wheels.

Personally I would much rather see an Aston Martin style than the Corvette. AM's are very sexy yet brutish [not to be confused with British :smile: ]

Just my two cents worth.

Also I don't think a front engined car needs so much intake in front of the rear wheels.

Excellent Point.....I totally forgot to take that into consideration lol.

Tried some of your suggestion's... intakes made smaller, reshaped..they still seem like they need to be there in some aspect...wheelbase reduced..OH reduced. Canopy moved rearword...Looks good.

Attachments

• mod 1.jpg
    mod 1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I like the overall shape/form. But the hard lines/details make it look out-dated like a 1980s car. Perhaps it's also the fact they renders exhibit a matte paint surface.

Thx HSC.

Thanx for the feedback N-spec and that's a pretty impressive portfolio/website you've got there

What are your objectives as you progress in the field of CAD design.

If you've got the time, Love to see an NS-5000 in 3D :biggrin:

thx spooler

Back