Now what?

Looks like the same car we saw hiding in camo before.. i think.

Wait maybe not. The url says CUV, which brought me here.

Last edited:
Looks like some kind of crossover vehicle. As usual, trying to keep up with the Jones's instead of passing them. For what its worth the profile looks ok, but hell from certain dark angles, an Aztek looks ok too. :biggrin:

Come on guys, where have you been for the last 6 months? This is really old. Think of a BMW X6 done Acura style.

I know that this is an NSX forum and all, but don't you ever pay attention to the world around you?

To add insult, Honda is considering calling this SUV the MSX.

LOL Honda isn't considering that name. Some suppliers were calling it that:biggrin:

The information confirms that the "MSX" (this is what these folks are calling it, not sure if that's what it really will be called) will be launched at the upcoming New York International Auto Show.

You post on Vtec.net so you know it's just speculation.
http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=822016

For what it worth though I like this design as I'm a fan of the X6 but it's waaaay to expensive. This vehicle is supposed to be priced above the MDX but since the X6 starts at $55k I'm sure Honda won't go toe to toe with it and show some restraint. In comparison tests the MDX beats the X5 ( six cylinder versions comparison ) and everything else in it's class so hopefully it will perform on par with X6 maybe even better if they can keep the weight down.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...son_test/2007_acura_mdx_sport_comparison_test

Looks like Acura will be calling it the ZDX

2010 Acura ZDX - Car News
This X6-fighter will vie for a slice of a still-undefined niche.

BY DAVID GLUCKMAN, PHOTOGRAPHY BY CARPIX AND THE MANUFACTURERS
March 2009

A few weeks after teaser images began showing up in our electronic inbox, Acura has confirmed the vehicle to be what we thought it was—namely a sporty crossover/coupe in the style of BMW’s X6. It will be called the ZDX and will be shown in “prototype” form at the New York auto show. (Honda and Acura are notorious, however, for showing concepts that are nearly identical to future production vehicles.)

Expect a Big V-6, Maybe a V-8

As we said when it was spied last fall, we hypothesize that the vehicle will use MDX underpinnings and feature Acura’s Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system. Power could come from the biggest V-6 in Acura’s lineup, the 305-hp 3.7-liter found in the TL. The semi-mythical, on-again/off-again Acura V-8 would likely make an appearance if it were to ever become reality.

From the overhead view, we can see four doors—the rearmost with hidden handles—and a hatchback roofline. Protruding headlights and taillights are complemented by bulging front fenders and chiseled rear shoulders. Oh, and the side mirrors have integrated turn signals. The rest of the shots confirm an overall shape very similar to that of the X6, right down to the shark-fin antenna. It will likely prove similarly sexy and space-inefficient.

Acura calls the new vehicle a four-door sport coupe and says it will “define a new luxury category,” apparently ignoring the X6. The vehicle will go on sale in the fall. Expect more information once the curtain drops in New York.

Glad they're focusing on a segment that I'm not even sure is going to work. X6? Who would buy that thing? Seems almost useless. AMC Eagle anyone?

Perhaps they should focus on their RL for starters? I dunno...

Glad they're focusing on a segment that I'm not even sure is going to work. X6? Who would buy that thing? Seems almost useless. AMC Eagle anyone?

Perhaps they should focus on their RL for starters? I dunno...

I hear ya ,but I do actually like the X6 and is far to beautiful to be compared to the old Eagle.

I can't see too many people buying but it is nice for line up. I like the RL but agree something should be done ,but it doesn't make any sense for them to go to a V8 when everyone else is trying to go down to a six for future cafe ratings.

They could make it more exciting to look at though.

I hear ya ,but I do actually like the X6 and is far to beautiful to be compared to the old Eagle.

I guess my only point was that this road has been travelled before. Perhaps the Eagle was before it's time.

I'd buy an X5 any day over an X6... if that wasn't the case, I'd get a 535. I guess I just don't get a jacked up sedan.... I'm sure they'll sell em tho. People, especially in the States, love that "high up above traffic feel".

I hope it pays off for Acura... I don't like where they're at as a company right now. Nothing really excites me. Although the new TSX with the V6 sounds like it could be promising...if they'd just stick AWD on it.

Looks promising to me. I actually like the x6 design. I will be at the NY auto show on dealer day so ill see if i can get some pics.

I guess my only point was that this road has been travelled before. Perhaps the Eagle was before it's time.

I'd buy an X5 any day over an X6... if that wasn't the case, I'd get a 535. I guess I just don't get a jacked up sedan.... I'm sure they'll sell em tho. People, especially in the States, love that "high up above traffic feel".

I hope it pays off for Acura... I don't like where they're at as a company right now. Nothing really excites me. Although the new TSX with the V6 sounds like it could be promising...if they'd just stick AWD on it.

Agreed. It was disappointing to have no manual tranny and SHAWD to go with the V6. Oh well maybe next year.

INTRIGUE • DESIRE • PASSION • ENLIGHTENMENT • ARRIVAL

what is that mean? .....

I don't know. 3.7 J series V6, twin turbo'd to 450hp sounds good to me. SH-AWD added to the mix definitely adds to it.

I don't know. 3.7 J series V6, twin turbo'd to 450hp sounds good to me. SH-AWD added to the mix definitely adds to it.

No such luck - this car was unvieled today with a 300 hp 3.7l V6. The Infiniti FX and the BMW X6 offer 390 and 400 HP engine options.

It is so mystifying to me why Honda won't produce an engine with more than 300 hp. They don't have to put out 450, 500 or 600 hp engines, but 350-400 hp should be so simple while maintaining decent economy and top-tier emissions.

No such luck - this car was unvieled today with a 300 hp 3.7l V6. The Infiniti FX and the BMW X6 offer 390 and 400 HP engine options.

It is so mystifying to me why Honda won't produce an engine with more than 300 hp. They don't have to put out 450, 500 or 600 hp engines, but 350-400 hp should be so simple while maintaining decent economy and top-tier emissions.

True but the same goes for the MDX , TL , RL but when competing against it's six cylinder counter parts the Hondas usually come out on top.

LOL Look at how long it took them to get to 300hp. Perhaps they feel or believe or have done research and are trying to stay in a certain TQ range and that's affecting HP as well.

One thing for certain with everything that's happening everyone else is trying to come down to Hondas level so they have an advantage of sorts.

Let's face it, no V8's no RWD Monsters, we are on the "light heavy weight Class" FOREVER @ Honda // :biggrin:

Oscar

True but the same goes for the MDX , TL , RL but when competing against it's six cylinder counter parts the Hondas usually come out on top.

I think Acura is on-par with the competition - and vice-versa - when it comes to V6 models. Compare the RL to the Cadillac CTS, Lexus GS 350, Infiniti M35, and BMW 335/535 and all produce somewhere between 300 and 304 HP. The TL definitely comes out on top in its class.

LOL Look at how long it took them to get to 300hp. Perhaps they feel or believe or have done research and are trying to stay in a certain TQ range and that's affecting HP as well.

I can't imagine what they are thinking. As you have posted in other treads, it is reasonable to believe that Honda can produce a V6 with V8 levels of power - somewhere in the 350-390 hp range. Porsche gets 385 hp out of its NA 3.8l flat 6 - shouldn't Honda be able to do something similar?

One thing for certain with everything that's happening everyone else is trying to come down to Hondas level so they have an advantage of sorts.

What do you mean? HP is still increasing - maybe not as fast as in prior years but it is still going up across just about every segment. Even the new 2010 Prius gets 25 more HP versus the 09 model.

I don't think that Acura designed this car to go head to head with the M version of the X6 that was just announced. The comperable BMW is the X6 with the 3.0 V6 that also has exactly 300hp with the torque being 300. Sure, the ZDX will probably have a little less torque, but not more than 25 I'm sure. The 3.7 already used in the RL and TL puts out 271 and 273 respectively.

As always, can Acura make a 500hp monster? Sure. Will they? Probably not ever. That's not their style as a company.

ACURA =

1422652-Pussy-Cat-0.jpg

For how long??? who knows .....

Back