Now THAT's a catfish!

I'm sorry. I don't make the rules. Don't you ever watch Bass-Masters or any other fishing show? That's what they do. They give the fish a little peck on the top of their heads.

I haven't been fishing in a long time. The last time was a few years ago when I went hiking somewhere in the Sierra Nevadas near Yosemite. I went with my ex-bf and his dad and we hiked up to this place called Mosquito Lake. We fished there and I was the only one who caught a fish. Haha! It was a brown trout

Did you eat that fish? Or throw it back?

White92 said:
I'm sorry. I don't make the rules. Don't you ever watch Bass-Masters or any other fishing show? That's what they do. They give the fish a little peck on the top of their heads.

Did you eat that fish? Or throw it back?

Nah, it was just a baby, so I threw it back. :) I like going to the pier to see what people have caught for the day. One time, this guy caught a sting ray! It was pretty neat.

The pier? Aww that would be so cool to go there. Believe it or not, but I've never seen the ocean. I've always wanted to go, but never quite made it. I've always wanted to go snorkeling or scuba diving in the ocean. Maybe swim with the dolphins....
I was supposed to go on my honeymoon to San Diego and do all those things there, but it was 2 days after 9-11 so we couldn't fly anywhere. My sister didn't even get to come in from out of state so she missed it. We ended up just going to a bed and breakfast place here locally, which was nice too, but just not the same.

Aww...that totally sucks. That day was horrible for everybody. :( Hopefully someday soon you and your wife will be able to visit the ocean. :) California has some really nice beaches. San Diego beaches are cool. I live about 10-15 minutes away from the beach.

Here's a pic of Newport Beach. My friends and I were laughing cause the seagulls ate those peoples' food...hehe.

Attachments

• [sea gulls].jpg
    [sea gulls].jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 238
haha, yes I'll admit it. I am intrigued by it. I wonder if it works the other way around too? Do people who live by the ocean just sit and wonder what's going on in he land-locked area of Oklahoma?

That's a great picture. Thanks for rubbing it in and bragging about it. J/K! Yes, my wife and I hope to visit soon. Since you live there, is there any time of the year that's better than the other?

Well, summer time of couse! :D The only thing that sucks is that the really popular beaches get crowded. The water here is cold, though. So if you plan on going in beware!

So the water is just always cold? Well, even so I would still love to go and visit. What is there to do besides the whole Seaworld, etc......Any other fun, interesting,cool sites or places? Sorry to be treating you like my own personal travel agent.

White92 said:
So the water is just always cold? Well, even so I would still love to go and visit. What is there to do besides the whole Seaworld, etc......Any other fun, interesting,cool sites or places? Sorry to be treating you like my own personal travel agent.

Hehe, it's cool. :)
It depends on where you want to go. In San Diego you can go downtown to the Gas Lamp district. Lots of good places to eat there and that's where most of the clubs are. There's also Balboa Park and Pacific Beach. For shopping, you can go to Mission Valley. There is a huge mall there. Oh, and if you really want to go, TJ is just across the border! Haha :D

Whatever you do......check which beaches are the most polluted. Some of the beaches are just down right nasty!! Better yet...just stay in the pool!

(Ironically, I was swimming in the foulest water...the BACK BAY in Newport this last sunday....my 3rd eye is coming in nicely thank you)

im personally convinced that catfish arent really fish. here's a personal anecdote for you.

on a fishing trip in missouri/lake of the ozarks--i got called back on business. while i was gone my partners caught about 12 catfish.

i got back 18 hours after they caught them. they had already eaten a few, and there were still about 8 left. they were just laying there on the ground---all but two still alive!!!

long story short they lived a total of 48 hours out of water, and we were braining them before we left, and they were almost impossible to kill!!! who knows how long they would have lived.

im thinking catfish are now evolved into mammals....

Back