Northeast Holiday Party Photos

Thanks to Larry B for organizing the Northeast Annual Holiday Party. We had a great turnout for dinner and it was a good way to get over the withdrawal of an NSXless winter by getting the band back together again.

As for my little encounter with the local constables, for those who witnessed and were curious here is what happened. I was pulling out of the parking lot of the restaurant but had to wait for Peter and Sylvia to come down so I moved my car from the lot to the curb to be able to let other cars out of the lot. As I was doing that, a local police officer put his lights on and approached me to accuse me of cutting him off in traffic and failing to yield the right of way. I was never in traffic and merely made a tight turn immediately against the curb.

He then asked for my license and asked if I had been drinking. I gave him the license and said I did not have anything to drink. He then came back and administered a field sobriety test and had me blow into the machine in front of everyone. Throughout this entire time, he was rude and accusatory despite me being cooperative and polite during the entire encounter.

Now for the irony for those who do not know me. I do not drink. My one vice is Diet Pepsi and I never imbibe any alcohol - ever. He asked me what I thought my number would be and I repeatedly told him 0.0 and he made me repeat the test because he could not get any reading other than that.

After he left, we then drove to the Suffern Police Department where I filed a Civilian Complaint for harassment. The Desk Sergeant was just as condescending as the officer at the scene and claimed they do not need any cause to stop any driver any time and administer an alco-sensor test. I reminded the officer that I am an attorney and my firm represents the State Police and that his "interpretation" of the law was wrong. Finally, he agreed to give me the Complaint form and I need to meet with the Lieutenant to complete the grievance later this week.

But enough of me whining.

Thanks again to Larry B and to all who turned out. And now for the photos....

Last edited:
14279739-L.jpg

14279272-L.jpg

14279273-L.jpg

14279274-L.jpg

14279276-L.jpg

14279277-L.jpg

14279278-L.jpg

14279279-L.jpg

14279280-L.jpg

14279281-L.jpg

14279735-L.jpg

14279736-L.jpg

14279737-L.jpg

14279738-L.jpg

14279740-L.jpg

14279741-L.jpg

14279742-L.jpg

14279746-L.jpg

14279745-L.jpg

14282036-L.jpg

Last edited:
Bob,
We all knew you could'nt have been caught for speeding out of the lot. Though with you it COULD be possible :eek: :eek: I'm glad you went after them with the complaint "Mr.Barrister" if only to make them think twice the next time :cool:

I told Roberta that by the time we logged on the pictures would be on line and lo and behold you are true to form. Not quite as amazing as your zoo pics but the subject matter was almost a colorful. We had a fantastic time with the "family" and look forward to the Spring and the next formal or impromtu get together.

Larry and Peter
Thanks :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: for your unending efforts to make every event memorable. The food was great and the company was even better. The NE schedule is going to be a blast :biggrin:

See you all again soon :rolleyes:

Alan

RSO 34 said:
Thanks to Larry B for organizing the Northeast Annual Holiday Party. We had a great turnout for dinner and it was a good way to get over the withdrawal of an NSXless winter by getting the band back together again.

As for my little encounter with the local constables, for those who witnessed and were curious here is what happened. I was pulling out of the parking lot of the restaurant but had to wait for Peter and Sylvia to come down so I moved my car from the lot to the curb to be able to let other cars out of the lot. As I was doing that, a local police officer put his lights on and approached me to accuse me of cutting him off in traffic and failing to yield the right of way. I was never in traffic and merely made a tight turn immediately against the curb.

He then asked for my license and asked if I had been drinking. I gave him the license and said I did not have anything to drink. He then came back and administered a field sobriety test and had me blow into the machine in front of everyone. Throughout this entire time, he was rude and accusatory despite me being cooperative and polite during the entire encounter.

Now for the irony for those who do not know me. I do not drink. My one vice is Diet Pepsi and I never imbibe any alcohol - ever. He asked me what I thought my number would be and I repeatedly told him 0.0 and he made me repeat the test because he could not get any reading other than that.

After he left, we then drove to the Suffern Police Department where I filed a Civilian Complaint for harassment. The Desk Sargent was just as condenscending as the officer at the scene and claimed they do not need any cause to stop any driver any time and administer an alco-sensor test. I reminded the officer that I am an attorney and my firm represents the State Police and that his "interpretation" of the law was wrong. Finally, he agreed to give me the Complaint form and I need to meet with the Lieutenant to complete the grievance later this week.

But enough of me whining.

Thanks again to Larry B and to all who turned out. And now for the photos....

Damn, sorry I missed all the fun!!! I could've testified that I had seen Bob drinking diet soda all night, and maybe gotten a reduction in his fee to represent my wife to 10%, and thus leave me with 15% of my net worth. Oh well, glad that you're pursuing this as too often there are a few bad apples that can ruin the barrrel of good ones. I guess that if the officer had followed you onto 87 South (not a state trooper so he couldn't do that) he may have been able to catch you breaking the law, if he could keep up with you.

I think a great time was had by all, good pictures, not as good as the zoo!! Thanks to all who organized, and all who showed up, let's hope spring comes soon!!! Regards-R

Bob, thanks for sharing pictures, and I am glad to hear/see that everyone is doing well.

Bob, I am really sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident.

I wish I was there :frown: I have been running all over the Northeast going to car auctions and working that I got into town at around 5pm and didnt feel like removing myself from my couch. Im exhausted and needed some serious rest. Everyone looks healthy and happy. I just convinced my boss to have an NSX-day this year so if you guys can help, I can provide some stuff. I need help having this planned becuase I lack any and all initiative, im lazy i guess. Alan, Ive been very busy but ill call you this week. Anyways, ive just got my NSX back and all i can say is, DAMN!! I love this car. On a side note my car cover has frozen to my car so as soon as it thaws, ill post pictures. This thing is insane. Anyways, stay well to all and please lets try to plan something at my dealership this year! I always say I want to do this, but ill need help.

Mike,

I'm sure Alan and I can help you put something together. Maybe this will take place of the infamous Lebentritt Leep.

You missed a wonderful evening!

Don

Bob,

Great pics, thanks! That cop with a chip on his shoulder picked the wrong guy to give a hard time.

nsx13 said:
That cop with a chip on his shoulder picked the wrong guy to give a hard time.

Here is a little more irony for you. I filed the civilian complaint with the Lieutenant and it turns out that my firm represents the Village in a false arrest lawsuit brought against the police for a DWI arrest. Small world....

thedon67 said:
Mike,

I'm sure Alan and I can help you put something together. Maybe this will take place of the infamous Lebentritt Leep.

You missed a wonderful evening!

Don

You can't get off that easily, Mike, make him work for it!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don, i could use some help.... Give me a ring.

great photos!We missed you all,but hope to be at the next gathering.

We are trying to set the date for "NSX DAY @ bridgewater acura" for the march. Hope this works for everyone and it doesnt interfere with any other NSX events. Let me know...

NSXNEV said:
Hello Folks-

Everyone looks great. Thanks for all the photos. Hey, where's Keith?!

Cheers-

Nev

Nev, Keith was MIA, as was Mike, but he checked in with an excuse, a potential "Event" and a new ride, so he's excused, but good question, "Where's Keith"??????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi guys,
sorry I missed the event. I came down with the flu the day before and got pretty hammered by it - still not back to 100%. I'm glad you all had a nice time. Hope to see you all soon. Peace, Keith

Nice pics! It looks like you guys had a great time. Admittingly, I am horrible with putting names and faces together. Is there anyway to put names below each pic?
Thanks,
John :biggrin:

ANYTIME said:
Nice pics! It looks like you guys had a great time. Admittingly, I am horrible with putting names and faces together. Is there anyway to put names below each pic?
Thanks,
John :biggrin:

Photo 01: Larry B and Family (Larry B)
Photo 02 Peter M and Sylvia (Peter Mills)
Photo 03 Tony D and photo equipment consultant (Tony D)
Photo 04 Larry G and Napkin ( Larry G )
Photo 05 Larry G and Bebe or is it Bags ?
Photo 06 Jesse L and Marsha (foxy-Abby)
Photo 07 Russ S and Mary ( Russ )
Photo 08 David L and Bailey L ( PerioKid n Acura Nsx Pilot )
Photo 09 Clem C and Lori ( Clembeauch )
Photo 10 Ernie R and Vicki
Photo 11 Joe L and Janet ( Pbassjo )
Photo 12 Gene L and Jennifer
Photo 13 Alan O and Roberta ( Clemberao )
Photo 14 John D and Karen ( JadKar )
Photo 15 Don L and Larry G ( TheDon67 )
Photo 16 Bob O and Anne ( RSO34 ) AKA DUI on Diet Pepsi
Photo 17 Roger M and Nancy + The Don ( RPM217)
Photo 18 The Don, Peter Mills, Larry G
Photo 19 Ernie
Photo 20 Sissy

Sorry if I made any mistakes but I tried. :wink:

Last edited:
Acura NsX Pilot said:

Photo 03 Tony D and photo equipment consultant (Tony D)

Photo 05 Larry G and Bebe or is it Bags ?

My so-called 'photo equipment consultant' prefers the nickname of 'Bags' :smile:
She specializes in accusing Bob of spending my money and smudging camera lens pointed her way. Bob, you were unusually lucky in getting those pictures!:biggrin:

Back