Northeast Caravan

Today was Day 1 of our 3 car mini-caravan to NSXPO2005.
Clem and Lori from CT met me at the I-78 rest stop just after the Delaware River toll booths. From there we headed to meet up with Larry G near Hershey, PA.

Larry led us to Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where we have put up for the night in hopes to see the air show in the morning before continuing our journey west.

So far internet connections are slow so I don't know how many pictures I will be posting in route...

My car packed and ready to go:
39157157-L.jpg

At LarryG's place watching garage construction and about to head out:
39158100-L.jpg

Some shopping in Wheeling, WV:
39168105-L.jpg

Larry G seemed to know this area well as he told me to look for his well known landmark - a strip club:rolleyes:

Time to sleep...

Last edited:
Have a safe trip guys. We are leaving Monday morning at 4:30 to head to the airport and will be driving from the Phoenix airport to the Grand Canyon for a couple of days and then head up through Sedona for a jeep tour. Keep the photos coming and, of course, I will get my own up of our little "detour" before NSXPO as we travel around.

Enjoy!

Folks-

Thanks for keeping all of us here on the East coust informed. Have a safe and happy trip. We are looking forward to seeing some pics from the various places you will travel.

Thanks again-

Nev

Day 2 started at the Wright-Patterson AFB Museum where we viewed some vintage aircraft, a IMAX presentation and an airshow...

On the drive today, Larry G, as expected, ran over some metal debris on the road which flung up into Clems car creating a gash in his front bumper :eek: Leave it to Larry to continue his tradition of hitting things on the road - inanimate, live or dead!!!

Again, internet connectivity is poor, so just a few pictures to show...

At our hotel in Dayton, OH:
38465815-L-1.jpg

The air show:
39935932-L.jpg

Larry finally shows me the helicopter he flys:
39264917-L-1.jpg

Late night spy photo from outside our hotel room:
39274998-L.jpg

Monday morning we head to Roswell, NM - mostly just a driving day...

Did I mention we are going to Roswell so Larry can visit his birth place. He regrets never knowing or seeing photographs of his parents who seemed to have just been passing by Roswell at the time of his birth.....

He is on a never-ending qwest in search for his birth parents :eek:

Last edited:
TonyD said:
Today was Day 1 of our 3 car mini-caravan to NSXPO2005.
Clem and Lori from CT met me at the I-78 rest stop just after the Delaware River toll booths. From there we headed to meet up with Larry G near Hershey, PA.

Larry led us to Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where we have put up for the night in hopes to see the air show in the morning before continuing our journey west.

So far internet connections are slow so I don't know how many pictures I will be posting in route...

My car packed and ready to go:

38284399-L.jpg

At LarryG's place watching garage construction and about to head out:
38285326-L.jpg

Some shopping in Wheeling, WV:

38284978-L.jpg

Larry G seemed to know this area well as he told me to look for his well known landmark - a strip club:rolleyes:

Time to sleep...

I can't wait to speak with Bags about your latest investment in a close up lens, and for what purposes you bought it. This ought to be very interesting!!!! Have a great trip and keep us posted, just be sure to post the pictures in the appropriate topics!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Russ said:
I'm so jealous - wish I were there... :frown:

We all wish you were going to.... I have a beer for ya :biggrin:

godspeed guys!!!!

niiiiice car larry g!!!!!sweeeet! :biggrin:

while in roswell, visit the airliner boneyard.....

Day 3 broght us more great weather and a safe arrival in Roswell,NM
Larry found a waitress at a rib place we ate at that loves anything Honda! If I get permissioin I will post a picture.

Here are a couple photos from yesterday...

38644922-L.jpg

Larry wanting to go to another trading post:
39165247-L.jpg

Nice weather and views:
39171470-L.jpg

39159858-L.jpg

Well thats all for now. Internet here was better but I needed to reset their internet system because it stopped working last night - Comes in handy when hotels don't change default passwords so I can reset stuff :smile:

Last edited:
RPM217 said:
I can't wait to speak with Bags about your latest investment in a close up lens, and for what purposes you bought it. This ought to be very interesting!!!! Have a great trip and keep us posted, just be sure to post the pictures in the appropriate topics!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Roger... What do you mean by posting pictures in the appropriate topics????:smile: I figure anything goes since we are the NE NXS Caravan and any photo taken in route is eligible :biggrin:

You already have Bags questioning me about zoom lens after she read this post... I explained to her (again) that you simply like being a trouble maker :biggrin:

TonyD said:
Hey Roger... What do you mean by posting pictures in the appropriate topics????:smile: I figure anything goes since we are the NE NXS Caravan and any photo taken in route is eligible :biggrin:

You already have Bags questioning me about zoom lens after she read this post... I explained to her (again) that you simply like being a trouble maker :biggrin:

Yes Bags, I like to cause Tony trouble, but only because he deserves it. The lens isn't the only recent purchase, check his credit card receipts!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Day 4 has broght us to Roswell and White Sands. Weather remains sunny. The only incident of the day was a UFO sighting by Clem who saw two objects pass him on I-70 at an extremely high rate of speed :smile: He later caught up a few miles down the road.

Some pictures...

Our Roswell arrival
38786448-L.jpg

Lunch with the locals
38786398-L.jpg

White Sands
38786221-L.jpg

38786110-L.jpg

38786473-L.jpg

Stealth fighter
38785994-L.jpg

Stealth NSX
38786148-L.jpg

We're off to Tucsan and then Phoenix today...

Tony, those pictures that you posted are almost as good as Bob's, those 3 new lenses that you bought really are spectacular, Bags will be real proud. By the way, when does the new camera body get to you, before or after you return form Arizona, or did you arrange to have it shipped to Arizona so Bags doesn't see it? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tony,

LOVE the shot of you and the locals!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Have fun, I am heading to Portland, Maine for a closing in the morning!

You guys continue to have a great time. I look forward
to more great pics.

Last edited:
The internet is included in the group rate for the headquarters hotel. I have spoke with the hotel and you have to click accept for the charges and they will back it out, as their system cannot override that step.

Sorry for the confusion.

TonyD said:
We made it to Phoenix without troubles --- entire high speed trip was ticke free....

No pictures tonite as the NSXPO host hotel wants to charge us double for wired internet connection in the room...:mad:

Guess I would have been better down the road at a $40 hotel with free internet access....

The day before leaving NSXPO I had seen first hand RSO34's skills at driving his NSX w/GM widebody kit as he passes numerous NSX's...

39697785-L.jpg

A view from our last evening dinner:
39697787-L-1.jpg

My rear window w/100mph license
39698787-L-1.jpg

Today I spent some time at Cole Gardens in Oklahoma City while waiting for LarryG to catchup - He fell about 375 miles behind me after taking a shopping detour:
39698522-L-1.jpg

39698561-L-1.jpg

39699522-L-1.jpg

Finally Larry caught up and brought with him Oklahoma Cities finest
39698639-L-1.jpg

While driving home, I made a wrong turn in St Louis so I snapped some photos and then met up with Larry again at our hotel just east of St Louis...
39698656-L-1.jpg

39698762-L-1.jpg

We expect to arrive home on Wednesday night....

Back