Noble M12 GTO

jorligan said:
I agree that the Noble is low but no lower than the NSX. The seats are pretty comfortable for the short drive that I had but will know better in June when we take delivery of Number 50. The switch gear is better than in our 89 911, and even though the switch gear is limited, it is pretty similar to that of current Corvettes

The Noble will be in addition to the NSX, selling the Porsche. In regards to "supercar", the Noble is more like an older Porsche which was pure performance vs a grand touring car which the newer Porsche has become. I agree that the Porsche is great but you know, its really become tame, refined. Really thought long and hard about a 360 Modena but I just have a hard time paying the cost not only for the car but for the maintenance. I can afford it but can't justify it.

Lastly, every production car in the world costs less than a Mclaren F1, not just kit cars. I wouldn't call the Noble a "kit car" since the build is pretty incredible. The specialty production cars like the Caterham are pretty great but its also a matter of styling.

Finally, practicality, if you want practicality, drive an M3 BMW. Nice comfortable seats, quiet interior, plenty of room, nice engine, take it to the track, and drives great in the winter with snow tires. Ask Meeyatch the joys of driving the NSX in snow

If you are thinking of buying the Nobel as a weekend blaster, then go for it, nothing short of a Ferrari Challenge straddle would ever come close to matching this vehicle's unbelievable ability. It can stick pretty much to anything on the road in a strait line. And when it comes to the twisters, not even those baffled EVO's can catch up to it. I remember reading about in a car magazine that wanted to find out what is the fastest car from point to point. The Noble came in second with the very very small margin to the 9111 Turbo which had the advantage of 4WD.Not even the EVO could stick to its pace. Of course, all the other cars in the test were slaughtered.

The Noble is the working man's Ferrari F40. Go for it. Especially that I've heard such good things about Mr. Noble himself, being a good gentlemen who won't give you a cold shoulder after you buy his product. Unlike Porsche dealers.

If you do buy it, Please kick a lot bang per buck asses like the Z06 and EVO. Hell, if I had a car like that, I would be hunting down Lamborghinis and 911 GT2s.

If by "radical drive" applications, you mean drivetrains, just have to wait and see. The TT V6 which we are getting should be able to take a whole lot more boost than 7 lbs since it is a low compression engine with forged pistons, etc. In the British press, Noble apparently had a 400 HP motor for the track car but apparently, there can be too much HP?

SJS, if you are still going to Middleton OH to check out the Honda, you should head over to Hamilton which is a short drive away and drive the Noble.

Yeah, it will be a weekend and track cruiser, primarily for my wife.

Tim

jorligan said:
If by "radical drive" applications, you mean drivetrains, just have to wait and see. The TT V6 which we are getting should be able to take a whole lot more boost than 7 lbs since it is a low compression engine with forged pistons, etc. In the British press, Noble apparently had a 400 HP motor for the track car but apparently, there can be too much HP?

SJS, if you are still going to Middleton OH to check out the Honda, you should head over to Hamilton which is a short drive away and drive the Noble.

Yeah, it will be a weekend and track cruiser, primarily for my wife.

Tim

:confused:

Um, I'm lost. I don't mean any offence but, is your wife a racer in profession?

Not a racer, simply does track days, her father, retired Trans Am series racer.

Nick, which TT NSX?, did you get the one from Marc in LA? By the way, my NSX is on the way to repair so it will be the other TT NSX in the area.

Tim

The noble is a featured car in Speed ch's sports car series.They have been doing regular features on the cars construction from SA.The paint proccess and fit and finish with the FG bits looks very nice and the reviews are very favorable.Looks like a fun track/street weapon,good luck with it.

Is this the car you're talking about?

Attachments

• send.jpg
    send.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 314
Is that one yours? and if it is, what color. We are getting the steel blue with black interior. We are also having the carbon fiber wing painted to match the car.

Tim

Back