No2 kit info

So, I'm not readyto empty the pockets for a sc or a tc. How about nitrous - does anyone make a ready to install kit for the NSX? I keep reading about the RM Racing 70 hp version, but can't find ehwre to purchase. I also see a NOS site which list a more generic version, but I am not to keen on doing a "first installation" on my car. Any suggestions?

As I am not familiar with NO2 systems, why is it that the No2 can not be injected into the airbox or connecting tube to the throttle body? Is there a system or kit built specifically for the NSX? (i.e. fool proof)

Yes there are, there are many members on here that runs NOS, but the expert is BadCarma, unfortunately he has not been feeling well lately, you should do a search and you will have your answer.

originally posted by:PAL Yeah, save your $ for ctsc
I hate people that say useless sh@t. If you have nothing productive to add move on to another thread your damn opinions are not needed. Because you know what they say opinions are like...................
You cant talk about nitrous on NSX prime :biggrin:
I don't know why but there is no love on info on prime on nitrous they talk about the same SC/Turbo talk every thread but no info on nitrous. I hope this makes one of you nitrous guys to post again.:smile:

FYI, NO2 is nitrogen dioxide. N2O is nitrous oxide.

Sorry for the misnomer: you are correct, I should have referenced the thread to N2O, not NO2. OK, so does anyone have a sytem which has been engineered (built) specifically for the NSX? All I see are generic "import" kits. Anyone have some unbiased info on the install results?

Your going to find alot of negativity to this thread just because the idiots that use nitrous and give it a bad name. also people with nsx's think that to get any amount of large performance you need to spend 10g's and its not true. nitrous can be very safe is used properly and from the videos and storys ive heard nitrous nsx's are just plain nasty. Ive seen some very very decent numbers put down at the track with just I/H/E and nitrous.

Hey I have these parts for my nitrous Kit.
Parts list:
Nitrous Express Wet kit (retail $450)
polished 10lb bottle (retail $349)
billet aluminum bottle brackets (retail $249)
Nitrous express solenoids for nitrous and fuel, set of four (two come with kit, retail $100 ea)
Dual stage wet kit fogger nozzle (retail $100)
Single stage wet kit fogger nozzle ( comes with kit)
jets for 35,50,75 shots (retail $20 ea set)
inline nitrous filter and steel braided lines for n2o and fuel (retail $50, lines come with kit)
MSD Rpm window activation switch with 3000,5000 and 7000 pills (retail $49 per pack)
MSD Rpm activation switch (retail $100)
MSD tach driver (retail $79)
custom mount for MSD boxes (I made it out of 1/2" lexan)
Fuel pressure safety switch, NIB (retail $49)
WOT switch(comes with kit)
horn button ring kit for aftermarket steering wheel (retail $75)
Autometer nitrous pressure gauge (retail $248 with sender)
nitrous pressure gauge sending unit
Autometer AFR gauge (retail $100)
purge kit (retail $150)

DO you see something else I need before I take this kit to get installed??? ALso any good installers in the Bay Area??? I know I need a bottle warmer, plus
Ok here is what I need to get:
1.Coper plugs BKR7E gapped at .35 or pregapped BKRE11 which is pregapped at .44
2. Replace fuel filter.
3. Validate fuel pump is still running strong. Add second inline fuel pump to be really careful.
4. Validate if your ignition is putting out enough spark ( OEM LEVEL)
5. Send injectors off to RC and have them C&C'ed or buy new off ther shelf ones that flow 15% more fuel,if you have an older car use the peak hold injectors as they are better suited to n20 application
6. Replace air filter
BUt I am sure I am missing some stuff, Can any of the nitrous guys help. I am tired of the kit sitting around. I want it to be 2 stage 75hp/50 hp shot. Now I allready have exhaust/intake/headers installed on 91 nsx with 37k miles.

Last edited:
yaynsx said:
DO you see something else I need before I take this kit to get installed??? ALso any good installers in the Bay Area??? I know I need a bottle warmer, plus
Ok here is what I need to get:
1.Coper plugs BKR7E gapped at .35 or pregapped BKRE11 which is pregapped at .44
2. Replace fuel filter.
3. Validate fuel pump is still running strong. Add second inline fuel pump to be really careful.
4. Validate if your ignition is putting out enough spark ( OEM LEVEL)
5. Send injectors off to RC and have them C&C'ed or buy new off ther shelf ones that flow 15% more fuel,if you have an older car use the peak hold injectors as they are better suited to n20 application
6. Replace air filter
7. A wire harness to tie it all together and in the correct order
8. I suggested to you to validate your fuel pump,changed my mind I now suggest a walbro 255hp and if you cant swing that then hop up the OE pump
9. a pressure sensitive bottle warmer, DONT use NOS brand as they now suck(just thier warmer)IMHO
10. you can buy one here and also this baby which is the cats pajama's
heres the link with reveiws for the warmer:

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodReview.asp?idProduct=17

heres the link to their new hardware I love so much,a rpm AND tps dual stage unit that allows for ONE RPM switch to handle the job of three.it allows for gear selection,time delay,multi stage set-ups and hybrid dry and wet setups two stage like the one I build,read the info at the link this baby is the shit! it just plain rocks.BTW I know someone whom wishes to sell their hybrid system.if you ever wanted a 2 stage setup that is hybrid dry for the 50-75 shot and wet for 100-150 this baby will make it a snap to setup and control:

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=194

11. If you cant find an installer DO IT YOURSELF!! then you wont be waiting.you might surprise yourself with what you can do if you only try!

BUt I am sure I am missing some stuff, Can any of the nitrous guys help. I am tired of the kit sitting around. I want it to be 2 stage 75hp/50 hp shot. Now I allready have exhaust/intake/headers installed on 91 nsx with 37k miles.

Best Regards David

Bodhi said:
So, I'm not readyto empty the pockets for a sc or a tc. How about nitrous - does anyone make a ready to install kit for the NSX? I keep reading about the RM Racing 70 hp version, but can't find ehwre to purchase. I also see a NOS site which list a more generic version, but I am not to keen on doing a "first installation" on my car. Any suggestions?

you could say I've installed / used nitrous once or twice!

your list looks like you're on track. PLEASE be sure your shop know what they are doing before you have them install it. Mapping out wiring first helps out ALOT in this kit. Your engine bay/car can turn into a rats nest in no time.

I would HIGHLY suggest a bottle warmer. The nitrous will actually be consistent. Also. I've found opening the bottle to be a pain with the trunk, So a Bottle Opener is A sweet luxury option.
I would opt for the Electric WOT throttle switch sold by NX. Just an opinion.
The Autometer AFR gauge is worthless. It won't help anything. Spend that on the Warmer.

I ran a 100 shot on Pump 93. Smooth and never hiccuped. (3 years.) I ran a 150 shot with 104 octane . 5 total years. Worked excellent. Won me many Nopi Drag race trophies. A 125 shot is on the edge of detonation with 93 pump gas. (NGK 7 heat range plugs) If you have any type of aftermarket chip, I discourage you from using the nitrous without some sort of high octane fuel.
DO NOT use this in conjunction with A supercharger or turbocharger kit that uses some sort of Fuel pressure riser. You're asking for it. But the stock fuel pump I've found is more than sufficient for just the nitrous kit.
\
Edit
/
Yeah. I'm going to follow up on that "DynoTune Two Stage RPM Window/TPS Switch (711) " proposed by BadCarma. Sweet unit. Wish they had one when I was using a two stage! Great price too. But make sure it's compatible with Coil on plug. Otherwise you will still need to convert the tack signal inputs to read our iginition. But since they have stuff for the newer corvettes, I don't think that will be any kind of problem.

This negates the need for the MSD stuff or the electronic WOT switch made by NX.

Hope this helps.

Take Care,

Bruce Karger.

Last edited:
Like he said the afr gauge is garbage but invest it into a Aem uego widband gauge which is very much worth the money and could save your butt. As far as the warmer goes. If its going in the truck ill have to disagree. As i believe most of us keep our pizza's warm in there on the way home. It get very warm in there. :wink:

I agree with u guys, an NOS kit is the best bang for the buck if used and installed correctly and if u dont get to carried away with the jet sizes, I've been 11.90's in my 110km 91 with only (75hp shot of NOS) I/E/H colder spark plug and the the complete kit cost $500, Guys spend $10.000.00 on force induction parts and labor and still cant run 11's but the bottle will eventaully run out after about 10 1/4 mile passes, refillis are only $40. So those of u who are thinking about buying a kit, dont think do it

Back