No ZO6?

I just saw this link that spoke of various exotic sport cars. I'm sure this list doesn't include all the current exotics available.

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=2903&src=Sports Cars

Yet, it seems to me at least, that most of them are on there. I was pleased to see the NSX on the list. However, I noticed that the ZO6 was not mentioned.

Granted I'm not a fan of the Corvette (if I was I would be driving a ZO6 right now); though I respect the car. Yet the way some ZO6 owner's flame the NSX, I'm curious as to why they think the Z06 wasn't mentioned?

The ZO6 can't be consider exotic. It doesn't have the limited numbers, handmade, exotic look or strengthen non-metal body parts. Beside, the price does have something to do with it to.

Performance wise it will easily destroy any stock NSX. Looks wise many people (althought seemingly oblivious) confuse the NSX for a C5 vette. I think the Z06 deserves to be on that list.

ravi

There are just too many covettes around to be considered exotic IMO. They are world class sports cars, but not exotic. Just because one car is faster than another does not make it exotic.

Netviper: I agree that its not just performance but IMO it should be a big factor. The Z06 is "decently" rare in my area whereas C5's are abundant. Maybe it's different where you live? I can see how if I saw a Z06 everyday I wouldn't consider it exotic either.

Just my two cents:
ravi

STOCKTONSX said:
Performance wise it will easily destroy any stock NSX. Looks wise many people (althought seemingly oblivious) confuse the NSX for a C5 vette. I think the Z06 deserves to be on that list.

ravi

Performance is not the only criteria for a car to be considered an exotic. The Z06 does not deserve to be on the list. If this is the case, then we could make a case for alot of cars. Z06s are a dime a dozen.

I see more people confuse a C5 Vette for an RX7 than an NSX.

Oh, absolutely I agree with you fellow forum members. Performance should not be the only category--but an exotic IMO has a lot to do with performance. Of course price, production numbers, and low ride height are attributes to an "exotic," but as I said in my locality I've seen the same number of Z06's as I have NSX's.

Just mho, the Z06 still should be on that list. Of course raw performance isn't the only factor: e.g. the 03 Cobra--it'll destroy practically anythign out there--however, it isn't a two seater, nor is it low to the ground, nor is the price discriminating. The z06 has most of these attributes and doesn't even have an astronomical price. In this case most of the characteristics are met and therefore it should be included.

ravi:cool:

http://www.autozotica.com/az_main/az_reg_policy.htm

Here is autozotica site which is down. To particpate your car must meet a certain requirement. This requirement is considered by most as what an exotic car should be.

It talks about production #s, horsepower requirements, and a host of other factors.

The NSX is listed as an exotic. Hopefully the site will come back on soon.

Last edited:
You want to talk about exoticness, bring both vehicles outside and see the reaction from the people on the road. The NSX gets the notch by far by the amount of stare, question, tailgate.... I like ZO6's, but they are not exotic, sorry.

Last edited:
Exotic has nothing to do with performance - it defines rarity and style. If performance was a factor, then older 'exotics' would no longer be exotics.

I wouldn't expect to see a Z06 on an exotic list, for the same reasons i wouldn't expect to see a Boxster.

Wow... not much vette-love being displayed on this thread... only a matter of time before some corvette trolls appear. :D

I see your guys' point =) Just didn't want to see the topic become extremely one sided. With all those years of debate I just had to say something different than the overall consensus.

regards

ravi

I consider myself a Corvette fan but don't consider the Z06 an exotic.

The Corvette certainly sits low, wide and looks great but its production numbers are too high. The production numbers will never change because the Corvette was always designed to be a relatively affordable sportscar for everyone.

The Z06 was originally a optionable package for the Corvette that kind of grew into its own.

They forgot the Panoz Esperante and the Mosler MT900s.

NeoNSX said:
Exotic has nothing to do with performance - it defines rarity and style. If performance was a factor, then older 'exotics' would no longer be exotics.
Disagree, performance is a part of it, but the relevant comparison is performance relative to peers when the car was for sale. When first released it was near the top of the heap for performance, AND met all the other criteria. = exotic. But I think performance compared to its peers in 2004 (almost wrote 2003! lol) is making the car a little less exotic in the current market.

Back