No Engine Cover?

For those of you who drive the car daily and/or can't keep it garaged most of the time and are worried about UV damage...

Higher end "tint" shops have window films that filter out a lot of the damaging UV rays yet don't have any or much darkness to them. They typically offer this for front passenger windows and windshields. Using this type of window film, you can have UV protection without the darkening that more typical tints add.

J

If you're worried about weight savings, you can always get a cf engine cover. Saves weight and still protects your engine parts...

Before fitting my NSX -R mesh cover I asked the UK guys why dont we just remove the OEM one.....we don't have sucha bit sunshine issue here, but teh main concern was stone chips on the large rear glass hatch or the dividing glass.....huge cost to replace them......but the mesh is a stupid price too! But it looks cool

Mark

I love the look of the lexan/mesh CF cover that the previous owner installed on my 91. Since it's not a daily driver and always garaged, I don't worry about UV issues with the hoses, some of which were replaced with braided lines.

d15bc668.jpg

This thread is long dead, but I wanted to just say how stunning that carbon engine cover is. That's the Downforce cover, right? Didn't know they offered it in carbon....

Back