Nitrous primer..so you want to go nitrous please read!

Re: HP to the Wheels

nsxbuilder said:
My turn!

Now I'm not an expert, but I've been running the RM 70hp kit for 4 years and have a few comments;

1) Unless someone comes out with a bullet proof SC/Turbo setup, I'm staying on the bottle.

2) The 70hp kit for me is at the motor - multiple dyno runs show an additional 55.9hp at the wheels, and 56.9 more ft-lb of torque.

3) 10lb bottle refills cost about $25, and last about 3-4 20 minute sessions on a twisty track, 2-3 on a fast track. I'm thinking about adding a 2nd bottle for track days.

I cover the install of the kit on the site if anyone is interested.

-ed
www.nsxbuilder.com
Ed, you are way to modest, for the record Ed was a great help when I first started modify the rm kit. he is correct on the unmodded RM kit as far as what goes to the wheels.I am using different size jets but can use the orginal spec if you wish on a kit. I assume Ed is using 38 and 42 size jets? is that correct?
David
PS if you have never been to Ed's site you owe it to yourself to check it out.very good nos info as well as many other great tips and tricks!

NO TKTS said:
Dave,

First let me say that I found your nitrous summary extremely helpful (especially to a novice such as myself).

I was hoping that you (or others) could comment on the pros and cons of adding a 70 shot dry nitrous system to an NSX that already has a Comptech supercharger.

Thanks in advance for your expertise.
NO TKTS
you have mail,sorry it took so long
regards dave

Ennesssex said:
Dave, I asked you before in this thread what the difference is between your kit and another...... I'm still curious as to how yours would be different?
Ennesssex
you have PM mail, sorry for so long to respond
david

Back