Night time photography

you don't have to be pro to take good photos.

I'm not a pro...I certainly take tons of crappy shots.

With the dog photo, do you remember what focal length you used? 35mm? If it was any less i will be gob-smacked as there is no perspective distortion that i can see

The 16-35 is pretty damn distortion free....and this was with the D60 (i.e. the source is 6 megapixels). That was at 35mm though.

There is one major problem with the 10D. It does processing of the images even when shoting in raw, and getting those images into Photoshop is a real PITA. So far I've taken some great pictures and overall I'm happy with it.

BTW, for anyone using PS, you should always use the histogram on the camera to see if the image was composed correctly before keeping the picture. This saves alot of hassle in having to process the images, and yes, you have to process every pictrue taken with a D-SLR.

My attempt at lowlight photography.

Here's my attempt at nighttime photography. Taken with Canon PowerShot S400. No flash. Although I cheated as there are huge lights that light up the building wall.

Attachments

• img_0409 (small).jpg
    img_0409 (small).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 157
Re: My attempt at lowlight photography.

Although I cheated as there are huge lights that light up the building wall.

That's NOT cheating...that's the way to do it. :p

Cheating is when you go into Photoshop and start airbrushing in details that weren't originally in the shot (or were *borrowed* from another shot). I've been known to do such things... :eek:

Back