Next car will be the NSX

Hi folks,
Im new to this awesome forum.
As you can see from my handle (NSXNXT), i dont own a NSX yet, but I will for my next car. Ive been waiting for it since the first NSX came out.

Well, my wife finally agreed for me to get one next year.
I think thats because we got her a brand new 2004 BMW 3.0 X5 last month.

The insurance for a 2004 nsx would be 900 for 6 months if we got rid of our sedan and 1100 for 6 month if we kept 3 cars in our policy.
Its weird, i thought we would get a better rate if we had more cars.

Anyway, I dont mind picking up a 97 nsx though. To be honest, i kinda like the front better, although i dont like popup lights much, the new nose looks abit naked cuz there is no bumper blinker/lights.
Who knows, maybe It will stick on me someday.
Anyway, my last car was in 1993. I had leased a new nissan 3ztt in 93, but returned it abit early (mid 96)cuz insurance jumped to over 4g for me. I didnt like how it looked at first as well.

Ive always told myself my next car would be a NSX and I have been putting off of getting anything else.
Im very close to getting a S2000 though. But Its still not a NSX so Im fighting real hard.

Also, my wife wants me to get a new NSX instead of a used one. I would lease it ofcourse if is new. But id much rather pick up a 97 nsx-t. That way I can own it. My wife says to lease it and then buy it back after lease ends. I dont really feel like spending THAT much on a car, even though its my dream car. AND, 2005 might introduce a new nsx. I just dont know what the heck to do. )C=

Any ideas, or suggestions everyone?
I miss driving a sports car. Its been over 8 yrs since the 3z.

If I do end up getting a new 2004 nsx, it would be leased in silverstone exterior and black interior.
If I get a 97, id get it in black exterior and interior. I dont think they had silverstone, the color was abit lighter. I like the grey perl look of silverstone.

NSXNXT said:
Any ideas, or suggestions everyone?
Get what you really want. Don't settle for something else.

NSXNXT said:
If I get a 97, id get it in black exterior and interior. I dont think they had silverstone, the color was abit lighter. I like the grey perl look of silverstone.
You're thinking of the lighter Sebring Silver sold in '91-93. In '97-99, they had Kaiser Silver, which is almost the exact same shade of gunmetal gray as the Silverstone Silver that was sold in '00-04. (Some even claim that Kaiser is darker, but I couldn't tell any difference when they were side by side in bright sunlight.) The Silverstone has larger metal flakes so it looks more "sparkly" than the Kaiser. So feel free to look for a Kaiser Silver '97-99, if that works for you.

Its about time you came over to this forum....im guessing you are the same NsxNxt from Acura-TL.com ? These cars dont loose there value like some cars and I would suggest getting what you want also. You may have a hard time finding the color you want thou if your looking for a new nsx.

Hi all,
And no, Im not the nsxnxt from the other forum, sorry )C=
I may also of choosen this handle (nsxnxt) too soon. I might be picking up the 2001 silverstone nsx with 17k for alil under 60k.
Its only 6.9 miles from my house at the acura dealer. I just came back. Its in pretty good shape. Trunk had a very hard time closing though. The driver seat was abit wearing down and the driver side front bottom bumber was abit skidded on. Besides that, everything was perfect. I even started the nsx up in the dealer showroom. Its such an awesome experience. All the other guys were watching. It felt great. Just like when I first got my 3ztt back in 93.

Anyway, I was going to offer 50k for this nsx, but the dealer said he will put the offer in at 55k for me, but most likely i will have to pay 58,999 for this silverstone 2001 6 speed nsx-t with 17k.
Its also certified. Im just abit concern about the trunk not closing unless u kind push it down hard.
It doesnt look like any paint jobs was done on it. No ping marks from waht I can tell. It was owned by a 65yr old guy who had traded car in for a acura TL. The dealer told me it was a rich old guy who owns 5 other cars who gets sick of cars easily. The dealer had to PAY him when he bought the TL and used NSX as a trade-in. He also recently traded the bmw x5 4.4 for the RL.

Anyway, Is it normal for car to be abit shaky with the engine runing? Is it because engien is behind me? Im not use to it so I want to know from you guys from experience.

Awesome experiece...
Ill know tomorrow if the deal will happen.
He is asking the manager about my 2 trade-in.
Here is my offer,
I offered 55k plus I want 15k for my 2 trade-ins.

1997 F-250 with 79k miles
2000 E-150 Van with 36k miles

These were my old companies trucks.

Ill finance the remaining 40k at no more then 4.7% to 4.9% interest.
I should be able to get that interest cuz we just bought a new bmx x5 3.0 for my wife last month.

Anyway, so would this be a good deal and if its too good to happen, whats the most I should go up to?

Hehe, my new handle will prob be NSXHERE, hehe

btw, man I envy you all for having a NSX already. Especially those 18 yr olds. I just turned 33 and have wanted it since 1991.

Also, I just spoke with acura dealer, they said something about honda not knowing which direction to go with the nsx.
They said something about they might go with a $50,000 NSX or the $200,000 HSC (the ferrari looking nsx).
They also said its not coming out till 2006 or 2007.
Nothing is definate yet they said.
Is this true?

NSXNXT said:
Trunk had a very hard time closing though. The driver seat was abit wearing down and the driver side front bottom bumber was abit skidded on. Its also certified. Im just abit concern about the trunk not closing unless u kind push it down hard.

The trunk is suppose to be closed and then with your hand on the trunk lid not the spoiler push down till the latch locks in place. This is typical for all years check out the FAQ's

It was owned by a 65yr old guy who had traded car in for a acura TL. The dealer told me it was a rich old guy who owns 5 other cars who gets sick of cars easily. The dealer had to PAY him when he bought the TL and used NSX as a trade-in. He also recently traded the bmw x5 4.4 for the RL.

I think all dealers tell this story now to make the buyer feel at ease about buyin a used vehicle. It used to be the little old lady who only took her car on sundays to church.

Anyway, Is it normal for car to be abit shaky with the engine runing? Is it because engien is behind me? Im not use to it so I want to know from you guys from experience.

NO THIS IS NOT NORMAL....sorry im shouting but this should be an indication something is wrong. You might want to make a post asking if someone who has more experience with a Nsx to go have a look at it and set up a test drive as there maybe some other things about the car that isnt 100%. If i read correctly you only started it up in the showroom and have not driven it.

NSXNXT said:
most likely i will have to pay 58,999 for this silverstone 2001 6 speed nsx-t with 17k.
See my comments in your other topic.

NSXNXT said:
Im just abit concern about the trunk not closing unless u kind push it down hard.
As previously noted, it's normal to need to push down hard on the trunk lid directly above the latch.

NSXNXT said:
Is it normal for car to be abit shaky with the engine runing?
A slight vibration can be normal. A severe shaking is not.

NSXNXT said:
Also, I just spoke with acura dealer, they said something about honda not knowing which direction to go with the nsx.
They said something about they might go with a $50,000 NSX or the $200,000 HSC (the ferrari looking nsx).
They also said its not coming out till 2006 or 2007.
Nothing is definate yet they said.
Is this true?
It sounds like all the same conflicting rumors that have been circulating for the past few years. They are correct, nothing is definite.

My bad, yeah, i meant slight vibration. Not normal on cars where engine is in front of car. But Ive noticed it in the NSX in showroom.
It was vibrating abit. not alot, not shaking, my mistake in choice of words. Or maybe Im just telling myself that...
Yeah, Im anxious. This is the closes Ive benn to getting a nsx. I was going to wait till next year to lease a new one and maybe eventually buy it back after the lease, but after reading the thread about lease offer ending got me worried and wired up on searching for a used one now. To my surprise, there was the exact color I want at the dealer closes to me. I even like the old style front then the new one, althought its probably better to get the new one.
I dunno, maybe Im just jumping into it.

Darn...

Back