News on 2005 RL

I wonder if the 2005 RL will have i-vtec? I know the current one doesn't have vtec of any kind, which always seemed strange to me......

Thanks, do we have any spy pics other than what has been seen in the past.

One thing I wanted to see after "Stunning Interior" was

"Stunning Exterior"

I'd guess thay would be following the same lines as the TL

Does this mean no hybrid? I thought one of the rumors was this would have hybrid power to get the power/weight up there with other sedans in it's class.

This is good news...I guess. I hope it's fairly fuel efficient with plenty of low end torque. AWD is a big plus since Honda seems so anti-RWD. I look forward to seeing the interior. The prototype RL is supposed to debut in NYC in a few months right? Guess we'll know then.

matteni said:
Does this mean no hybrid? I thought one of the rumors was this would have hybrid power to get the power/weight up there with other sedans in it's class.

300HP is up there with the sedans in its class:

525 is 184 (HA) 530 is 225 and 545 is 325Hp
GS430 is 300Hp
GS300 is 225 ish
MB E320 is 221/E500 302
Audi A6 is 220/265/300

I would say 300HP AWD is competitive.

NetViper said:
300HP is up there with the sedans in its class:

525 is 184 (HA) 530 is 225 and 545 is 325Hp
GS430 is 300Hp
GS300 is 225 ish
MB E320 is 221/E500 302
Audi A6 is 220/265/300

I would say 300HP AWD is competitive.

True - I stand corrected. Always like the Legend and the RL (for the $$$). Should be nice considering how well the TL and TSX came out IMO.

The prototype RL is supposed to debut in NYC in a few months right? Guess we'll know then.

Actually, it's next month right? I'm not sure what dates exactly, but we will get to see this car next month. And since it's a 2005 model, we should see the car in dealerships by this fall, correct? So the car in New York next month won't be a prototype. This should be the real deal. Am I thinking correctly on this?

I'm sure they'll find something to bitch about though. Something like "the rear seat doesn't move as fast as we'd like."

Sounds great!
Especially the AWD.

I remember an article claiming a new Acura sedan would be RWD, I thought it was the TL and Honda lied when it was released.
Maybe it was the RL and now it has been changed to AWD?

Can anyone confirm this?

beeker16 said:
Sounds great!
Especially the AWD.

I remember an article claiming a new Acura sedan would be RWD, I thought it was the TL and Honda lied when it was released.
Maybe it was the RL and now it has been changed to AWD?

Can anyone confirm this?

All I have ever seen is that Honda will NOT go RWD with any sedans, but AWD was an option. It looks like that is how they went.

When I worked for Acura, several people there would always talk about how Acura would never go RWD with the RL. They would always base that theory on the fact that the #1 selling large luxury sedan is the Cadillac and it's front wheel drive. I think that might be some B.S., but also some truth behind it.

White92 said:
When I worked for Acura, several people there would always talk about how Acura would never go RWD with the RL. They would always base that theory on the fact that the #1 selling large luxury sedan is the Cadillac and it's front wheel drive. I think that might be some B.S., but also some truth behind it.

All the Cadi's are being changed over to RWD.

So I guess they can't use that reasoning anymore.

Back