Hi everyone... I've been reading around for 2 days now and Im in this forum because NSX is one of many cars that i like... Im in a search for a new type of car... I've owned 3 Honda's and still have all three... Im currently 20 and recently broke up with my gf... Since then i've been thinking of what i want in my life and what i want to achieve... I had set my goals and some time in the near future i would like to purchase a car which fits me... I think i can live with a NSX... No im not trying to be a troll in case u were wondering... I'm usually in honda-tech.com and wanted to know much more about the NSX... I was thinking of the S2000 and maybe a used MR2... Still in search of a car i would really enjoy... I was thinking of getting a 96 NSX-T manuel tranny in white... Like i said before, i would like to know more about the car... Things such as

Which is the best year to get??? A list of whys... Like everyone else, a big hype of HID systems... I believe the 02 just started to have them... Am i correct???

These are the only questions i have at the time... I hope u guys be friendly to me and help me enjoy my stay... I see that this is a nice and mature place to be...

Before i jump actually buying a car, i would like to review each car i have in mind before i decide which one to go for... FYI, i would be buying my next car with my own money like i had before...

My previous cars are the following...

1# 92 Civic Si- B18C5(Integra Type R) and some basic bolt-ons...

2# 91 CRX Si- stock

3# 93 Civic Si- lowered

I got my 92 Civic for road racing so my next car of choice is for weekend driving and show... I will only keep 3 cars the most and 2 the least...

Cars i have in consideration...

2001 Audi S4
2002-2003 Honda S2000
2002 BMW M3
93-95 Toyota MR2 Turbo

Please give me ur thoughts??? And sorry for having such a long first message... Bored and cant sleep...

Auraraptor is correct... but there were significant changes in other years as well (larger wheels in '94, NSX-T in '95, color choices). The complete list is at http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/changesbyyear.htm

'02 is indeed the first year that HID headlights came stock. Science of Speed now offers a terrific HID kit for the NSX that's relatively inexpensive and easy to install. Highly recommended.

There are a lot of NSX owners in the Chicago area. As part of the NSX Club of America, we were getting together on a monthly basis until the end of last year, when we were busy holding NSXPO 2001. We're planning to resume meetings in the near future.

However, I wouldn't restrict your search to the Chicago area, especially if you are looking for a rare color like white. NSXs that are well-maintained and priced right have a tendency to sell quickly and often privately rather than through dealers.

The Chicago area is also blessed by having two (out of nine) local Acura dealers who do a lot of NSX service work and are highly competent, and by our proximity to Acura of Brookfield (Wisconsin), which also offers excellent service as well as specializing in aftermarket performance modifications for the NSX.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 August 2002).]

If you are considering an earlier model, there is a '91 for sale in Moline that might be worth looking at. I looked at it with a friend of mine, it would probably sell for $28,000. You might ask Tom Jr. at Continental Acura if they will get an '02 to look at (I doubt it)

Thanks for all your replys... I really appreciate it... As of right now, im still in search of which car would i like to buy considering it would stay with me for some time... Thanks again guys...

If u haven't drivin one, you will be sold. Get the Yr. that best fits your needs. cheers
jump.gif

Back