Newb looking at an NSX - price?

Can anyone tell me if this price it too high or about right?

Basically stock except wheels and some cosmetics with 134K on the clock and he's asking $23K. Super clean and well maintained otherwise.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Seems about right to me, especially if he has documented the TB/WP service interval and it's not due for a while.

When was clutch done?
When was the TB/WP done?
Snap Ring range?
Window fix it thingies?

Those would be my immediate questions.

yeah but why would anyone mention the car is straight and the frame is undamaged?

I mean when you go to the dealership for a new car they dont tell you the frame is undamaged and straight, you would assume that already.

so to mention it is weird.

also the pics look to be cut or photoshop from something.

Im just sayin

yeah but why would anyone mention the car is straight and the frame is undamaged?

I mean when you go to the dealership for a new car they dont tell you the frame is undamaged and straight, you would assume that already.

so to mention it is weird.

also the pics look to be cut or photoshop from something.

Im just sayin

That could go either way, dealership might try to slide a bent frame by someone by not mentioning it. Plus the poster probably has seen that there are many wrecked or rebuilt NSX's for sale with a damaged frame. My point being is that its wroth askign the question and getting a PPI done. Just because they mention it doesn't mean it does.

Can anyone tell me if this price it too high or about right?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2228512721.html

Basically stock except wheels and some cosmetics with 134K on the clock and he's asking $23K. Super clean and well maintained otherwise.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I live in the Raleigh area. If you get serious, I could take a look at this car for you. And better yet, Steve Gooding, a certified NSX technician lives here Raleigh and could perform a PPI. Chances are he may already be familiar with car as well.

I live in the Raleigh area. If you get serious, I could take a look at this car for you. And better yet, Steve Gooding, a certified NSX technician lives here Raleigh and could perform a PPI. Chances are he may already be familiar with car as well.

I'm in Charlotte and may be coming up this weekend to look at it. Would love some more experienced eyes looking with me. Once I get it sorted out, I'll post details and see if it would work for you schedule-wise. Thanks!

The pics are legit...he sent me a bunch by email. I think they just look a little fake on CL because they're super hi-res -- a couple were 5MB files.

Last edited:
The car's legit. I know the owner, know the car and more importantly know that Steve Gooding (Raleigh area Certified NSX Tech) knows/has serviced this NSX.

The car's legit. I know the owner, know the car and more importantly know that Steve Gooding (Raleigh area Certified NSX Tech) knows/has serviced this NSX.

This means a lot. There are a few good mechanics sprinkled around the country and this is definitely one of them! A good rep from Steve G. is saying a lot. if it's got good history then this is a good deal.

$23k seems to be a fair price. May I ask how much you are looking to spend? At that price the seller may not have much room left to negotiate. Most of the cars I came across around $20k and below seemed to have issues (title or otherwise), so I spent more and found a great car. I agree that mentioning a straight frame is odd.

The ad says it has BBS wheels, but the wheels in the pictures are SSR Competition wheels. :confused:

regardless who has serviced the car in the past or the many people that can vouch for a car, it is wise to have a PPI done on the car.

A lot can happen since the last time that super service tech worked on that car or since someone has seen the car.

Do your due deligence regardless what anyone tells you about the car! ...ASSUMPTIONS is the mother of all F**K-ups ( I forgot what cheesy movie that line was from ).

Lol ..looks like he deleted the ad-link because his promotion was increasing the price:eek:

so what happened did you or did someone else?

We came to agreement on price, but I guess somebody else came in after me with a higher number. I can't get there until Sat and the other person is going tomorrow to see it with an offer in hand. I've got cash in hand but I guess this other person has more because I couldn't even get him to hold it for me with a deposit. Seller told me he would let me know if this other buyer didn't follow through.

I feel for you. I was a brides maid a couple of times, specifically on out of town/state cars that I could not get to quickly enough. Keep looking, and hopefully a good car will pop up near you. Make sure you have your money ready, and are ready to move on it.

Good Luck!

I uncovered another one near Greenville, South Carolina that I actually like the color combo on even better.

Anyone have a reco on who to get the PPI done with in SC?

So which one did you get, the one in Raleigh or the one in Greenville? Either way, congrats! Looks like cloud nine just got a little more crowded.:cool: Just remember, you still must post up the requisite honeymoon photos!

Back