New Volks on! Bad Day

So today I finally find the time to get my new 18/19 Volk GT-7's put on my car after having them sit in my garage for 2 weeks. Had my brother take the wheels in his pickup truck to the wheel shop as I followed. The install went great and they look awesome. Just needs a lowering now.

Well as I pull out of the parking lot and move into the left turn lane to make a U turn, following my brother in his truck, light turns green, he makes a slow U turn. I follow slowly....then BAMMM. Some lady on her cell phone wasn't paying attention rear ends me at an angle. What a great way to remember what otherwise should be a good day :mad:

Sorry because of the all the ruckus..i didn't take any pic of the wheels on my car

Attachments

• Picture077_05Apr05.jpg
    Picture077_05Apr05.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 810
  • Picture078_05Apr05.jpg
    Picture078_05Apr05.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 796
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully insurance will pay well for the repair, you can probably get a new rear bumper + 02 rear valance upgrade.

sgvnsxrated said:
Some lady on her cell phone wasn't paying attention rear ends me at an angle.

What a Biaatch, I think your neck and lower back is starting to develope a severe nerve shooting pain.... "Larry Parker got me 2.1 million" Sue the crap out of her.. well, at lease enough to replace your NSX and calm what ever pain you are experiencing..

I too am guilty of being on cell phone sometimes but I usually drive like my Mom.. and leave 10 car space in front of me..

Last edited:
ugh, what a pissoff.
we're all pissed off for you.
we're so furious we cant even type and spell correctly
i hope she gets brain cancer :mad:

well atleast now you got somone to pay for the following replacements:
tail lights - newer 02 style, or my personal fav the darker JDM tails.
Rear wide fenders.
rear bumber.
lower valence: 02 style, TAITEC KEVLAR diffuser, or etc...
looks like your exhaust got a tiny little knick on it too so i guess theyre gunna have to replace it with an ARC Ti exhuast :biggrin:

what is the law in the US regarding cell phones and driving? here in the UK it is now illegal to use a phone while driving unless you use a hands free kit.

Yes that sucks...but the perfect time to upgrade to the 02 rear valence.

ARGH!! I positively hate those people that totally zone out on their cell phones!! :mad:

What did the lady say after the accident?? Did she take responsibility, or did she try and blame it on you or someone else?

Ouch. Hate to see that. I would agree with the others though, time for the 02 rear end!

That sucks. I'm just glad that you're ok. Cars (even our precious NSX's) can be repaired. People are a different story.

But I do agree... get off your damn phones people and drive.

Meeyatch1 said:
What did the lady say after the accident?? Did she take responsibility, or did she try and blame it on you or someone else?

That's the worst people to deal with. They rear end you or do something blantently their fault and they have the nerve to say that you were in the wrong. Then when your insurance company fights with the other company, the other company obviously sides with their client and wants to believe their client over the 'truth' or any valid police report. I've learned in the past.... go irate on the person just enough to make them realize that they were in the wrong so they don't try to accuse you first (I almost was on the verge of hitting some older lady while yelling at her at the top of my lungs when she rearended me at 40 mph while I was stopped in traffic, when she said it was 'my fault' for it..... fortunately I was able to help change her mind and that made the difference on the report & what my insurance company was able to do for me :biggrin: )

Newman said:
That's the worst people to deal with. They rear end you or do something blantently their fault and they have the nerve to say that you were in the wrong. Then when your insurance company fights with the other company, the other company obviously sides with their client and wants to believe their client over the 'truth' or any valid police report. I've learned in the past.... go irate on the person just enough to make them realize that they were in the wrong so they don't try to accuse you first (I almost was on the verge of hitting some older lady while yelling at her at the top of my lungs when she rearended me at 40 mph while I was stopped in traffic, when she said it was 'my fault' for it..... fortunately I was able to help change her mind and that made the difference on the report & what my insurance company was able to do for me :biggrin: )

dude get outta here, you dont need to bust a vein to get things done in life. if someone rear ends you, its quite obvious who's fault it is.. you dont need to act irrate just because someone causes an accident.

Back At Ya

ugh, what a pissoff. i hope she gets brain cancer

What a moronic thing to say. :mad:

Hmm, what if somebody wished penis cancer onto you? :rolleyes:

jaytip nsx said:
what is the law in the US regarding cell phones and driving? here in the UK it is now illegal to use a phone while driving unless you use a hands free kit.
There are no federal (nationwide) regulations. Two of our fifty states (New York and New Jersey) ban the use of handheld cell phones by the driver of a moving vehicle, as does Washington D.C. (which, as our nation's capital, is its own jurisdiction, not part of any of the fifty states). A similar ban is currently under consideration by the city of Chicago, Illinois.

"i hope she gets brain cancer"

What a terrible thing to say (whether you are joking or actually mean it).
I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Sorry guys..... I just had to vent.

Last edited:
Ouch! Felt sorry about the car. Could be worse though. Hope the 'cell' lady learnt from it and get a *@#* handsfree.... but I read somewhere your awareness are affected in the same way either you use handheld cell or handsfree...

Thanks for the support guys, it feels good to have people who can relate to the pain i'm feeling.

I'm definitely going to push to try to get a 02 valence upgrade. The lady did try to blame me for a second, she starting yelling about why'd i stop. My brother actually was more irate about the whole situation then I was. He started yelling back at the lady. I was still in absolute shock about everything. I kept a cool head about it though and told everyone to calm down.

Dave: The taillight is yours if you like free+shipping. I'll let you know once everything is settled.

old_S13 said:
dude get outta here, you dont need to bust a vein to get things done in life. if someone rear ends you, its quite obvious who's fault it is.. you dont need to act irrate just because someone causes an accident.

I didn't say it was the thing to do. But in this world today you have to take charge of a situation or you are going to be the one ending up getting screwed. Yes, I've seen it happen with similar situations with numerous people, where they were obviously not at fault but still got the short end of the stick since they just let the situation go. All the while, the other person who was a fault took charge and was able to push the fault off of them, thus their insurance company not paying you for the damages that their client caused, or at least not to your satisfaction. I'm not saying what I did was right, but you gotta do what you gotta do these days if you don't want to get screwed for a not-your-fault accident. Eitherway, unfortuntely it's usually a lose-lose situation for both parties, especially after the new laws & rules passed by numerous states in the past few years. Having worked for CSAA for numerous years in the past, and knowing a lot of people who have gotten accidents, I'm just passing along what I've personally seen. To the original poster, hope everything goes well for you.

old_S13 said:

I think his point is the utter frustration of being on the receiving end of a moron, and said 'moron' turning around and blaming YOU for being in THEIR way. That is enough to make lots of people snap.

nsxtasy said:
There are no federal (nationwide) regulations. Two of our fifty states (New York and New Jersey) ban the use of handheld cell phones by the driver of a moving vehicle, as does Washington D.C. (which, as our nation's capital, is its own jurisdiction, not part of any of the fifty states). A similar ban is currently under consideration by the city of Chicago, Illinois.

I drove all day today in New York and Jersey with the phone in my ear. I agree that there should be a penalty if an accident is caused, but I am way against the big brother thing. GET OUT OF MY CAR!

By the way, I witnessed a "legal" head-set guy still driving with one hand and looking at his phone and paperwork. in the other hand. :rolleyes:

Another peave of mine is the driver seat belt law. Think about it for a second. You can smoke, drink, and do all sorts of other dangerous things that endanger yourself AND people around you. When has a non-belted driver ever been thrown out of a car in an accident, and "injured" someone as a projectile? It is 100% big brother trying to reduce injury.

I agree 100% that children under 18 need to be buckled as a liability and common-sense issue, but does it make sense to force an adult to buckle up, when he only endangers himself?

The arguement can be made that less injury will hapen, and less insurance rates (yeah right) But what about all of the other "adult" recklessness that occurs? This is just a stepping stone for big brother to control all of our actions.

OK flame suit is on! Just venting.

Dave Hardy said:
Hate to be a vulture, but I could use the busted tail light. Can you save it for me when the car gets repaired?

Do you really need busted tail lamps?? I think I have a couple of those in my attic.

RP-Motorsports said:
I drove all day today in New York and Jersey with the phone in my ear. I agree that there should be a penalty if an accident is caused, but I am way against the big brother thing. GET OUT OF MY CAR!
OK flame suit is on! Just venting.

Good thing you got your flame suit on because I strongly disagree with what u said about cell phones. If there is valid data showing that holding a phone in one hand and talking while driving causes more accidents I think it's a great idea to ban them. It's not about protecting the person on the phone, it's about protecting other people who are put at risk by people on phones. If someone hit me while they were on the cell phone I would be livid.

As I understand it, talking on cell phones is still allowed as long as you have an ear piece. Apparently this doesn't make a huge difference because your still distracted by the conversation, but at least the gov't is compromising with you people that need to be on the phone while driving.

Back