new track NSX at AoB

Dropped off my car at Acura of Brookfield the other day, and got a sneak peek at this red GT2-class NSX they're building for one of the local shoes (not sure if he's on these forums).

Prelim numbers sounds pretty extreme, even moreso than the car they built for Mike B a few years ago (the one at NSXPO 99).
- weight approx 2300 lbs (includes cage, fire suppression system, driver and trunk full of stuff)

EDIT - removing details

I'll try to get some photos when I pickup my car tomorrow.

Last edited:
I had posted them a while back to the disliking of the owner so I pulled them. :rolleyes: He must want it to be top secret but anyone going there for service can see it. :confused:

Since the owner (whom most of us know well) apparently does not want information about his car posted publicly, those wishes should be respected. IMO this topic should never have been created.

NSX 3.0 said:
I had posted them a while back to the disliking of the owner so I pulled them. :rolleyes: He must want it to be top secret but anyone going there for service can see it. :confused:
Yeah -- my initial post (which created this thread) was based on this premise as well. Since then its taken a life of its own.

This racecar IS sitting out there in their "service" area, in plain view for anyone coming through. If something's REALLY top-secret, you'd think some sort of protective/concealing measures would be taken.

When I snapped a few pix of it yesterday, I checked with the AoB Service Director, and he advised I check with the owner first. I can respect that, and decided to with-hold posting any pix here.

FWIW, the car gets tested at a public track today, and hopefully will be in SCCA-GT2 Club Racing action shortly.

Last edited:
nsxtasy said:
Since the owner (whom most of us know well) apparently does not want information about his car posted publicly, those wishes should be respected. IMO this topic should never have been created.

Manuel has been good about not posting the pictures, but it is a touch overboard to say 'this topic should never have been created'. The topic is about an NSX, on an NSX board, with NSX owners, who race their NSX's. Sounds like a heck of a good and relevant topic to me.

Back