New to the forums

Hey everyone, New here.

I've been lurking here for a while, and am currently working on purchasing an NSX. I've been on here about everyday for like two months i think it is now, just absorbing as much information as I can.

A little bit about myself,

Im 19
I currently have a dismantled Prelude, working on parting it out, snapped the timing belt.
No mommy and daddy aren't helping me buy an NSX, all hard work over here
and no mommy and daddy didn't buy my first car, or my prelude, again hard work accomplished that
I am attending New England Institute of Technology in Warwick RI, for Autobody.
I love learning just about everything I can about the NSX, it has been my dream car ever since I knew anything about cars.
I can't wait to finally drive one

Well thats about it, just wanted to drop in and say hey.

BB, no harm in looking to get your dream car. A nice early model NSX with little maintenance issues will run you close to $30,000ish. At 19 with no college/apprentice education yet, I'd defer a bit on the NSX and get life in order 1st. NSX money better spent in other areas. IMHO take my comments for what its worth mate. Regards....Andrew

I actually already have a certificate in autobody, and currently have a steady job at an autobody shop. I have most of my college paid for due to scholarships, and federal grant money. I'm only in college for the degree, and already half way done. I graduate in sept '10. I understand what you are saying, but I am looking at '91-'93, that is about where my price range get me. Thank you for your input though. I have a little over 10k in the bank and still have about 5-6k in parts off my prelude to get rid of.

Welcome and good luck in your hunt and persuit of your dream car.

It sounds like you are motiviated and willing to do what it takes to get'r dun. I wish my son was as motivated as you. Tends to spend to much time gaming IMO.

19 and male... have you checked into what it will cost to insure a NSX?

For me it is surprisingly cheap. But then I'm older and insure it as a pleasure vehicle.

Working in auto body... you may want to defer your dream... save up, start your own shop... work hard building a place of integrity and quality and then you can buy all the dream cars you want. :smile:

I know people who did that, started out humbly in auto body and now they have shops that are providing them a very good income.

Then again, you are only young once and it sure is fun to drive dream cars.... I went through 8 cars between the time I was 18 to 22. (67 Chevelle, 70 Camaro, 70 Corvette, 78 Fiat X-19 (brand new off the show room floor, 69 MG midget ... just a cheap fun car at the time, back to a 70 Camaro (cash for a down payment to purchase a house), 78 Triumph TR7, then back to a 74 Corvette).

Drove my dad crazy.... the average was a different car every 6 mo. But I was out on my own... I must say, I lost money, but I sure had fun.

Go after your dreams... if you can see it, you can achieve it!

Last edited:
BB62NA1, glad you posted. I just picked my 93 up two weeks ago and loving it. Spend a bit more money to get a low mileage one with good service records and you will be happy for a long time.

I'm up in your area every weekend in North Kingstown. I used to work at Inskip in Warwick. It's nice to know there is a fellow NSXer close by, so hit me up.

thanks for all the positive feedback. I have learned from an early age that you have to work for what you want, and I believe I do just that. I work my ass off to get what i want. Thanks again, and I hope to be a positive influence to the forums.

and to lovensxs, lets hope so, first come first serve!

Glad to hear that. It's good to know there are 19 years old out there without the sense of self-entitlement.

You're definitely in the minority these days. Good luck with your search and ask questions if you can't find the answer.

Last edited:
19!? You can't have your dream car now! No, you have to wait and wait (just like I did) until you are 40 and just about used up. After you have put in the requisite years of pining and plotting and planning until the price of the car comes down and your income comes up ....
Oh, never mind. If you can do it, get it while you are young. I would have.:smile:

And hey, try to appreciate it every time you fire it up. It's the stuff that dreams are made of.

Welcome to Prime. It is good to have dreams, and for a 19 year old, you seem to have thought about this and have some sort of a plan. Not too many under 25 year old do. I am pretty sure you probably looked into this already. If not, do so, and budget that in. Good luck to you on the start of your career and your search for your dream car.

19 and male... have you checked into what it will cost to insure a NSX?

For me it is surprisingly cheap. But then I'm older and insure it as a pleasure vehicle.
When I bought my son a car for college, my wife and I made him pay for his own insurance. As he was getting online quotes, he did a quote for a 97 NSX and as I recalled, I think he was quoted a $3300 yearly premium with collision ($1650/ 6 months) for our location. He was 19 at the time with traffic tickets.

Back