New TE37 SL

My TE37s in 17/18. This is the cornerweighted track height.

DSC01004.JPG

I found a set of these 17/18 but im afraid they will look tiny :frown:

Opinions for this wheel on spa yellow?

I found a set of these 17/18 but im afraid they will look tiny :frown:

Opinions for this wheel on spa yellow?

I don't think 17/18's will look tiny. But sometimes these opinions are subjective. If you lower your car and run proper tire sizes (not having too much rubber, or too high of a profile tire, etc.), your car should look fine.

I personally prefer the looks of 18/19's, but 17/18's look great as well. 17/18's are a good compromise of performance and looks.

Hi guy, I am very interested in this set of wheels.
I just check the Ray website and there will be 19 inch availible. But don't don't if it will fit on the nsx.

Link: http://www.rays-msc.com/wheels/index.cgi?d=106

Link: http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/2009/products/wheel_en.php?type=size&code=VOLK_TE37SL

Does any body know if I can run 18 and 19 with the available off set that they offer?
Will 18x8.5 offset 35 19x9.5 offset 22 fit right on the nsx? What kinna spacer and tire will you guy recommended?

Thanks you

If you're ordering wheels brand new, avoid spacers at all costs. My 2 cents.

The rear definitely will work if the car is slammed, cambered out and running some stretched tires. The front, possibly may work.. but cutting it CLOSE.

Thanks for reply

I am running kw v2 suspension. The te37 sl Dont have to much offset choice to choose for the nsx. What set up will you recommend from what they have available? Will it be better if go with 17 and 18?

Thanks a lots

Thanks for reply

I am running kw v2 suspension. The te37 sl Dont have to much offset choice to choose for the nsx. What set up will you recommend from what they have available? Will it be better if go with 17 and 18?

Thanks a lots

Honestly that 18x8.5 +35 may be cutting it close. You will probably need to slam the car and a mild stretch. I know that 18x8.5 +40 works, but I haven't seen this in person to compare the extra 5mm you'll need with these TE's.

17/18 instead? This is totally a different look. If you really want 18/19, then go with regular TE's instead of these SL versions. Regular TE's have more sizing options for front and rear.

Last edited:
Ive ran 18x8.5 numerous times 35mm offset with 215 35 18 and also 225 35 18 and was ok.... the car was rather low though on tein RA coilovers.

Will 18x9.5 offset 40 front and 19x11 23 offset rear work?

Sounds very very aggressive to me. The front is almost impossible. The rear, might squeeze with really negative camber.

Or you can have the rears machined down as Angus is doing with the TE37 replicas.

Ive ran 18x8.5 numerous times 35mm offset with 215 35 18 and also 225 35 18 and was ok.... the car was rather low though on tein RA coilovers.

What wheels did you run that were 18x8.5 +35? Just double-checking, as I looked a few of your threads and I think your current front wheels are 18x8 +35? Did you mean 18x8.5 or 18x8? :confused:

I have had My eyes on these wheels as well. I want performance and looks, so the 17/18 is most likely what I will go with.

What would be the appropriate width and offset combination to go with on 17/18 TE SL's?

Would 18/18 hurt performance much? I want one set of wheels for the street and lapping days. Car isn't a daily driver.

Thanks Prime

Any rubbing @ full lock with 225? Also... how close was the inside of the wheel to your suspension?

If your wheelwells are all factory I'd assume minor rub at full lock with 225's...
My inner pinch weld/lip in the wheel well was modified years ago because I've been running TEIN RA's super low for about the 6+yrs I've owned the car.

What wheels did you run that were 18x8.5 +35? Just double-checking, as I looked a few of your threads and I think your current front wheels are 18x8 +35? Did you mean 18x8.5 or 18x8? :confused:

I had HP PR-5 in gold with a polished lip on the front of my car in a 18x8.5 35mm offset, just one example while my car was still midnight pearl. I've also ran a few other sets of 18x8.5 up front. I've been through probably roughly 40 sets of wheels or so in the 6+yrs I've owned it.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a set of these wheels, but want to ensure I am getting the right size as I need to leave a deposit that is non refundable.

17 x 7.5 40mm offset
18 x 9.5 35mm or 40mm offset?

I am not sure what size an offset I require, I don't want to run spacers, I would love to have the rears as concave looking as possible, but don't think that will be a reality with these offsets.

Any positive direction would be great.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a set of these wheels, but want to ensure I am getting the right size as I need to leave a deposit that is non refundable.

17 x 7.5 40mm offset
18 x 9.5 35mm or 40mm offset?

I am not sure what size an offset I require, I don't want to run spacers, I would love to have the rears as concave looking as possible, but don't think that will be a reality with these offsets.

Any positive direction would be great.

You will be fine with those offsets, but won't have the concavity. Not as aggressive as I would like them, but will work. No spacers will be needed. These offsets are probably the "safest." go with the 35 rear offsets.

Back