• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

New Products: oil pressure sensor upgrade, LCD display, gauge mounting plate

Several new products released for the NSX! Exclusive discounts on these new products are available to newsletter subscribers.

ScienceofSpeed Oil Pressure Sensor Upgrade
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/oil_press_sensor/
Is your oil pressure gauge acting up or not working at all? Addresses common factory oil pressure sensor failures resulting from vibration caused by being mounted on the engine. Upgraded custom calibrated sensor and complete remote firewall-mounting kit all at a price less than half of the factory sensor. Designed to match factory sensor's output so that your dash gauge reads true (test graph).

oilpress_800.jpg

ScienceofSpeed 7.0" Mounted LCD Screen for Honda Display Pod
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/LCD_display/
Billet aluminum mount and high quality 7.0" screen for Honda display pods. Textured and black anodized to match factory display pod finish. Includes wireless remote for a clean factory appearance.

displaymounted_800.jpg

ScienceofSpeed Console Gauge Mount
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/...roducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/gauge_mount_plate/
Billet aluminum gauge mount allows two 52mm gauges to be installed into the center console. Countersunk mounting holes allows a clean finished appearance. Attaches to factory mounting locations with supplied brackets. Textured and black anodized to match factory finishes.

gaugemountwgauges_800.jpg

thank you for your continued support,
-- Chris

Last edited:
Question regarding the LMA kit, does it make my nsx more silent and not sound like a sewing machine?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/LMA/

Possibly, but it depends on what the noise is from. If the noise is consistent, the noise is probably from excessive valve lash, which can be cured by adjusting the valve-rocker clearance. That being said, valve clearance noise can be heard on any NSX in the cabin, especially if you've removed the engine cover. If the noise is sporadic and not consistent with engine speed, the noise is probably your LMAs sticking. In our experience, the LMAs from the earlier NSX seem to begin sticking between 80-150k miles, depending on how well the car was maintained with oil changes. They are a good thing to do when a timing belt will be changed at or above those miles, as they require removal of the cams and rocker shafts to change.

take care,
-- Chris

I am pretty excited about the gauge mounting plate. I think it allows for a much cleaner gauge install. How does it actually attach in the console?

I am pretty excited about the gauge mounting plate. I think it allows for a much cleaner gauge install. How does it actually attach in the console?

The plate attaches to the console's factory mounting locations using two stainless steel brackets. This way, no modification is required of any factory components for installation.

cheers,
-- Chris

Chris im so happy you were able to figure out that Oil Pressure sender :)

I will be buying one shortly... after those other shiny goodies you have :)

Thanks Ravi.

Just a note that the discounts for these new products end this month. Interested in discounts? You can receive discounts on new product introductions by signing up to our newsletter here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/newsletter/

cheers,
-- Chris

I have the first navpod setup I believe that was installed last July. I finally got my bracket to istall it without putting screws in the dash and I am good to go. One of the big benefits of this is the bracket that holds the LCD screen in was custom fit to make this all work together. It looks as good as OEM can be visually from inside the car. It fits great with no issues and I will take some pictures to show you the installed shots of it. I currently have a HKS Camp2 in my Navpod. It is mainly to display all parameters that I want to watch while driving the car during "spirited" driving. I like it so far since it can be put back to stock very easily and it looks clean with all the gauges fitting on one screen. I can monitor 6 different outputs at once now. That is pretty sweet!

Last edited:

Here's a photo that better explains this:

installed_rear_450.jpg

The description for the LCD screen says:
inputs: 2 x analog (RCA) and 1 x composite

What exactly does this mean? RCA and composite are the same thing. Should that 2nd one say component instead, or maybe VGA?

Thanks Chris. I currently have my EDFC mounted in that location.. I am trying to figure out a practical place to relocate it, then I will contact you guys for the plate.

The EDFC controller mounts very well to the top of the glove box with the provided bracket.

regards,
-- Chris

Attn: bjay007... your e-mail registered through NSXPrime is bouncing. The answer to your question on the oil pressure sensor is: installation is fairly simply, requires only common hand tools, and can be accomplished in approximately 30 minutes.

regards,
-- Chris

Back