New Porsche Turbo spy pics, w/out pics

I just had a cool experience. Driving northbound on 280 toward San Francisco I came up on a half dozen heavily disguised (read: lots of black tape) Porsche Turbos without any badging, all with out-of-state plates (Georgia, I think). They were just cruising at the speed limit, nose to tail. I honked at the first one (the last one in line), and he shot me a look of horror! I honked at the second and got the same response! I wasn't trying to race, just cruised by giving them a knowing nod: an I-know-what-you've-got-there, sort of nod. But even the ones I didn't honk at looked at me suspiciously. These guys probably get spy photos shot of them all day long, I just wanted to say, "Cool cars!"

Wish I'd had a camera! :redface:

i was following them for about 20 minutes or so on southbound 101 too.I think it was about 7 997tt and 2 997 c4s as well all in black also it was on 11/20/05

ChopsJazz said:
Wish I'd had a camera! :redface:

Well, one you renew your cell phone plan, purchase a camera phone. Because, you never know when you m ight need to take a picture of something.:biggrin:

911turbo_hardtop.jpg

Coupe

Cab

911turbo_cabside.jpg

95EagleAWD said:
^^

Sexxxy... :eek:

Why are you so suprising? Doesn't that thing just look like any 997 with side intake? Last time I took my wife to one of those car show and we were in the Porsche exhibit she said "How come they all look the same honey? except for that one" as she pointed at the Carrera GT.

AndyH said:
Why are you so suprising? Doesn't that thing just look like any 997 with side intake? Last time I took my wife to one of those car show and we were in the Porsche exhibit she said "How come they all look the same honey? except for that one" as she pointed at the Carrera GT.

They do all sort of look the same - and they all look totally bad ass.

AndyH said:

The NSX looks the same as well.. All but the few changes from 02 up...

Back