NEW pics of my 97 NSX w/ Tein Flex + new coat of wax *56k warning*

I just put on Tein Flex with EDFC, I had it corner balanced and aligned (AT WEST END, CA), my car weighted in at 3065lbs w/o driver and 1/2 tank of fuel.

6469nsx-1.jpg

6469nsx-2.jpg

6469nsx-3.jpg

6469nsx-4.jpg

Last edited:
thank you for the kind comments guys. I wish I had a better camera to take pictures with. A better background wouldn't hurt either.

That looks great.

What kind of wax did you use? It really looks great.

Lookin' good. Your car has a very nice "stance".

legendr35 said:
thank you for the kind comments guys. I wish I had a better camera to take pictures with. A better background wouldn't hurt either.
Pics are fine. It would just be nice if you could scale them down a bit, though.

again, thanks for the nice comments :) The wax is just regular NXT wax, just one coat. And yes, Darrin is very good at what he does, I recommend for all your alignment and suspension tuning needs. My NSX handles extremely well right now, couldn't ask for me, except better tires :biggrin:

Simply beautiful. Car looks great, these are some amazing pics, you got some skills taking these pretty shots.

93B18 said:
Perfect drop with those wheels! How do you compare the ride quality on those Tein EDFCs compared to stock?

The ride is pretty harsh on rough roads, but on smooth roads its awesome. The EDFC unit allows for easy adjustment of the dampening, so you can actually tune how stiff the shocks are from inside the car, with a touch of a button. On the the softest setting, the ride is still bumpy, but not bad at all. On the hardest, it's a little more bumpy, but again, it's really not that bad. I can only really tell a difference while I'm on the freeway at higher speeds. I keep it on 16 fron and 16 rear most of the time, which is the hardest setting.

nsxsupra said:
Simply beautiful. Car looks great, these are some amazing pics, you got some skills taking these pretty shots.

thanks! but I really don't have any skills, the camera I used wasn't even mine, heh. I only own a 2.0 MP Canon elf :)

who still uses 56k? oh yeah, beautiful car. I need to take some pics of mine. I think i'll be going to Mugu Rock on PCH this weekend for a shoot.

legendr35 said:
again, thanks for the nice comments :) The wax is just regular NXT wax, just one coat. And yes, Darrin is very good at what he does, I recommend for all your alignment and suspension tuning needs. My NSX handles extremely well right now, couldn't ask for me, except better tires :biggrin:

Wow. I'm a big fan of Meguiars products but I had really bad luck with NXT on my berlina black. It was constantly cloudy and even the guys at Meguiars (here in Irvine) couldn't figure it out. We ended up stripping it all off the car and going back to the old school carnuba past wax.

legendr35 said:
The ride is pretty harsh on rough roads, but on smooth roads its awesome. The EDFC unit allows for easy adjustment of the dampening, so you can actually tune how stiff the shocks are from inside the car, with a touch of a button. On the the softest setting, the ride is still bumpy, but not bad at all. On the hardest, it's a little more bumpy, but again, it's really not that bad. I can only really tell a difference while I'm on the freeway at higher speeds. I keep it on 16 fron and 16 rear most of the time, which is the hardest setting.

Actually the settings are completely reversed of that, 16 is the softest damping setting. Check your user manual for the complete info, but the + button is to reduce damping force (soft). It is a bit counter-intuitive. There is also an online manual here.

We've had the Tein Flex w/EDFC for over a year now and love it. It's definitely firmer than stock but not too harsh for my taste especially on our local roads. Some of the roads in LA got to be a bit much when I was over there, but all in all we couldn't be happier with the handling of the car now.

Understudy said:
Actually the settings are completely reversed of that, 16 is the softest damping setting. Check your user manual for the complete info, but the + button is to reduce damping force (soft). It is a bit counter-intuitive. There is also an online manual here.

We've had the Tein Flex w/EDFC for over a year now and love it. It's definitely firmer than stock but not too harsh for my taste especially on our local roads. Some of the roads in LA got to be a bit much when I was over there, but all in all we couldn't be happier with the handling of the car now.

wow really? i really can't tell the difference between each setting, i always thought 0 felt the smoothest on freeways. I will check out the manual :)

Back