New pic and new HP figures...

The first ricer photoshops appear on the web!!
DSC00002-1.jpg

105w2fl.jpg

just kidding I made it.

based on current tested honda technology and what is and will be out there for super cars the next nsx will need to have:

1. v8 turbo
2. hybrid power by kers
3. center exhaust
4. carbon monocell
5. magnesium wheels
6. super awd

These are found the current tech and what honda has tested on tracks. It is also what will meet the upcoming epa regulations. And these are found in current and future super cars born from F1 and what Honda needs to be in the same league as the next Enzo, Mclaren, Pagani.

The design is important but it goes through many face lifts and mid cycle refresh. We all want the latest and greatest and top performance like the current nsx had when it debut but are we willing to pay for it? These technologies and production costs will push the price north of 200k

based on current tested honda technology and what is and will be out there for super cars the next nsx will need to have:

1. v8 turbo
2. hybrid power by kers
3. center exhaust
4. carbon monocell
5. magnesium wheels
6. super awd

These are found the current tech and what honda has tested on tracks. It is also what will meet the upcoming epa regulations. And these are found in current and future super cars born from F1 and what Honda needs to be in the same league as the next Enzo, Mclaren, Pagani.

The design is important but it goes through many face lifts and mid cycle refresh. We all want the latest and greatest and top performance like the current nsx had when it debut but are we willing to pay for it? These technologies and production costs will push the price north of 200k

It's so funny that so many keep saying V8 or V8 turbo when these are the least green and least fuel efficient set ups. Honda has never been one for matching the monster hp of others. Ito flat out told us they were not going to match the HP of the 458 Italia.

The Honda insiders we have to thank for this even being released knew Ito would never go for this. The NSX is a V6 mid engine and that's what we're going to get. Instead of a turbo it will have a new Hybrid assist to match V8 acceleration. The V8 they're probably shooting to match will be the R8 V8.

On your list we'll probably get four out of the six. No carbon monocell or V8 turbo. Plus possibly carbon ceramic brakes. That's good enough for $100k and let's face it current Honda is a "good enough" car company vs the old Hondas excellence.

I wasn't trying to be funny, just trying to list the things that will cost north of 200k for the halo car lots of people wish Honda should build if it is to be ground breaking like the first nsx.

I think the bench mark targets for Honda are the GTR and LFA if it wants to make the #1 Japanese sports car again. Lets just hope it doesn't cost anything like the LFA

Hey four out of six isn't bad for $100k :biggrin:

LFA isn't a target but I'm sure the GTR is the Asian competition Honda knows people will compare the car to. Matching the GTR means matching the LFA just not using as exotic materials. I can't imagine anyone wanting a $200k that will be sharing so many parts with a $60k+ car ( RL which will be using a lot of the same parts ).

It looks like an Audi R8.
The whole concept is wrong.
Why does a exotic sports car that most likely would only be driven on weekends need to be a hybrid?
It's not going to be mass produced and wont be of any help to the envoironment.
Honda are trying to be clever just for the sake of being clever and that's imo not a good enough reason to make this car a hybrid.
If i wanted a hybrid i would go out and get a prius.
Why can't Honda just develope an efficient V8 or V10?

It still doesn't look as exotic as the first NSX.

+1...but it is still nice...and much better looking than some of the garbage in current showrooms.

Curious question...I thought automakers had to meet some new ridiculous "high profile hood" standard having to do with pedestrian safety. That would basically mean that all the low slung hood would be nevermore.

That said, how does that "rule" read, what's behind it, where is it at, and how is this new NSX seemingly getting around it?

I'll let you guys know in less than a week

The suspense is killing me. It's like only a week away but still getting impatient. Although what I think of the final car won't really matter to Honda since I definitely won't be able to buy a new one but still hoping the NSX successor is a great and a good turning point for Honda to do better things.

The suspense is killing me. It's like only a week away but still getting impatient. Although what I think of the final car won't really matter to Honda since I definitely won't be able to buy a new one but still hoping the NSX successor is a great and a good turning point for Honda to do better things.

Don't sell yourself short....you became an nsx owner much younger than many.

Perry is right.

V8 is not happening. It will be a transverse NA V6.

Turbo is not happening. The whole point of this car is to replace "dirty" turbo technology with "clean" hybrid boost. Honda wants to prove you can get the same thrilling acceleration from a hybrid motor that you would from a turbo- without the lag.

Carbon monocell is not happening. This is hideously expensive technology and would drive the cost of the new NSX into the 200s or 300's. Toyota had to invent the spooling machines just to make the LFA frame. Honda said the new NSX will be all-aluminum just like the old one. It is a proven tech for them and they have 20 years of machining and metallurgy experience from the first NSX. You may see some CF body panels for weight reduction in eventual Type-S and Type-R versions, just like the originals.

Honda is not aiming at the LF-A, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari Enzo or Pagini Zonda with this car. I applaud them for it. The original NSX listed for $60,000 and was billed as a reliable and accessible exotic car. Honda is shooting for the same goal, except this time they are pitching a reliable, accessible and GREEN exotic car. The new NSX will compete for customers in the market that includes the base 911, Cayman R, M3, Corvette C6/7, and possibly the GT-R, though the Nissan is creeping up in price.

Honestly, I really just care that the design is timeless like the original and they steer clear of forcing it to be "trendy" with the hard-edge Acura style currently en vouge (i.e., the "beak"). The Avengers car is a great start. I think an integration of the HSV headlights (stolen by Ferrari for the 458) would give it an aggressive look- the front of the HSV-10 Super GT car looks just vicious. I also think they should avoid too much swoopiness in the rear, as it mutes the exotic stance, which is low and wide. Finally, out of respect I think they should integrate the original NSX tailight/spolier profile into the rear, since that is the one feature everyone recognizes as "NSX". They can "freshen" the look, but it should keep the same general outline.

Second, I really hope they include a 6-speed manual option for this car. Honda told us the idea behind the NSX is "man-machine", or providing a thrilling experience between driver and car without too much computer intrusion. I simply cannot fathom how they expect to acheive this goal without a proper manual gearbox, which apart from steering is the most pure interface between man and car. The 7-speed semi-auto is cool and everything, but the manual should be there too. Honda rolled out this technology with the CR-Z and I would love to see them continue it in the NSX.

I agree Honcho...the cars looks are secondary to Honda, this car will be all about the drivetrain/technology.I think the detroit car should only be viewed as a design exercise.

The recent Automobile magazine has a good write-up on carbon fiber. Basically, it boils down to there not being existing technology to mass produce it. All the cars using carbon fiber are very limited run cars, where they can spend one day per body panel. The car from Honda will have a larger production run. There is also no body shops, etc, set up to do repairs, etc.

I agree Honcho with almost everything you say. Especially the rear end resembling the NSX rear end. If its going to be called the NSX(I don't know if it will) then yeah it should have traits from the NSX. Something similar to what Saleen did with their Raptor.

saleen-s5s-raptor-concept-4.jpg

The recent Automobile magazine has a good write-up on carbon fiber. Basically, it boils down to there not being existing technology to mass produce it. All the cars using carbon fiber are very limited run cars, where they can spend one day per body panel. The car from Honda will have a larger production run. There is also no body shops, etc, set up to do repairs, etc.

McLaren Automotive have invested millions in a new process to produce the carbon tubs of the MP4-12c and forthcoming models in a fraction of the time that the carbon for the F1 took - the new facility at Carbo Tech in Salzburg, Austria. Instead of days to produce the tub, it now takes hours.

Mclaren in Woking, England will not be mass producing on a Ford-like scale, but are certainly ramping up production.

Remember that the total NSX production was approx. 19,000, over 15-16 years, almost half (8400+) were produced in one year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017t722

http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/uk/default.aspx#/p11/explode

Last edited:
I hope that's not what we've been waiting for :frown:

That looks like the avengers car... it's not the concept car being displayed next week. It even says Stark 33 on the license plate lol.

That looks like the avengers car... it's not the concept car being displayed next week. It even says Stark 33 on the license plate lol.

Spot on...it is the Avengers car...probably at some movie premier party or what-not...

Hang in there...real pics should be out on the net by Monday...

Back