New Owners - Zanardi 47!!!

We wanted to introduce ourselves to the message board, as we are proud owners of a '99 NSX! We're trying to acclimate ourselves to the various forums and hopefully attend a drive event in the future.

Is there anyone in the SE Michigan area that could recommend a Acura technician that is familiar with servicing NSX(s)?

Secondly, does someone have a good price list on what to expect to pay for service and parts? Is it economical to order parts from an out of town Acura dealer?

I'm currently calling dealerships in the Ann Arbor, Farmington Hills, and Troy area. The past owner had all the service records from a Acura dealer (not local to the SE MI area) and I would like to continue service at a Acura dealer.

Finally, any tips on owning a car of this sort would help!

Rich and Cheryl
:cool:

Attachments

• nsx pic.jpg
    nsx pic.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,085
Congrats on the Zanardi! With an NSXCA membership, you can get nice vendor discounts, including parts from quite a few sources. See http://www.nsxca.org/nsxca/parts/vendordiscounts.html.

As far as tips to owning an NSX, you're at the right place. There are many helpful members here to answer just about any question you can think of. Best palce to get acquainted with the NSX is the FAQ's. There is a wealth of information there. Welcome, and enjoy.

Oh, you might want to get some info from local owners on a local tech to service your car. I'm sure a few will chime in, but you also might want to drop a note in the Midwest forum.

Congrats...my tip is just drive it and enjoy it looks nice.

Congrats Rich....I also owned one (#17)
and sold it for a Porsche and it was the
my biggest car mistake ever...the P-
car hung around 6 months till I bought
another NSX...not a Zanardi though...

IMO you have the best NSX ever offered
in the USA. Don't ever sell it!

Steve Werre
'01 Spa Yellow T
Seattle

zanardi 47 said:
does someone have a good price list on what to expect to pay for service and parts?
See the red bar at the top of your screen? The one that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

Click on FAQ for the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions). Go to the Maintenance heading, and then click on Costs.

zanardi 47 said:
Is it economical to order parts from an out of town Acura dealer?
As Brian (prova4re) mentioned, there are several dealers who offer great discounts on parts to members of the NSX Club of America.

Please come to the CGI Motorsports event at GingerMan Raceway (in South Haven) on June 28. A lot of NSX owners will be there. You can sign up in advance to drive on the track, or just come as a spectator (although you'll probably regret not driving if you do that ;) ).

Hothonda said:
IMO you have the best NSX ever offered
in the USA. Don't ever sell it!

So true. I let a zanardi slip away from my hands, and regret to this day.

Congrats again.

Re: New Owners - Zanardi 47!

zanardi 47 said:
We wanted to introduce ourselves to the message board, as we are proud owners of a '99 NSX! We're trying to acclimate ourselves to the various forums and hopefully attend a drive event in the future.
Congratulations on the new toy !!

As far as "web resources" are concerned, you are in the RIGHT place. This site (NSX Prime) is the premiere resource for all things NSX.

Having wanted an NSX since 1990, and owning since 1998, in my opinion another significant experience of the experience is the folks you meet, the events you have (social, country drives, track events, races, etc.), and the free-flowing interchange of information about the car. This community is arguably one of the most "wired" enthusiast groups around.

The limited-production Zanardi edition is a special vehicle, one I am sure you will enjoy for many years.

Some of its capabilities are best enjoyed (no speed limits, flashing red lightbars, etc) on a closed course (dedicated race track); there are a number of club events that host these.

As Ken (nsxtasy) mentions, a good number of us will be at Gingerman Raceway in SW Michigan (South Haven) on June 28th for a track event -- one of the (CGI) event organizers has a supercharged Zanardi NSX. Swing by and say hello... grab a ride, or even better, sign up :D

Last edited:
Congrats!! Where did you buy the car from?? I hope to meet you soon....remember....DRIVE THAT CAR!!! :D

CONGRATULATIONS and Welcome aboard!!
Glad to have another NSX owner in SE Michigan. (Very few)
:D :D

I live a few miles from Oakland Mall area. Which area are you from? I'd reccomend Devin of
PAYN TECH. Great guy to deal with.

Regards,

Gorgeous Car! Congrats - we hope to see you at Xpo.

just do a search,

I'm sure kevin told you everthing. He did when i looked at it.
zanardi 47 said:
Did purchase the car through Kevin ... any story behind it?

Back