New Owner...

There are ways you can get the cars in the US. You just cant register the car in the US. I can put a dealer plate on just about anything. Thats why most cars you see that are not US legal have Florida plates or are rocking dealer plates.

Florida from what I have been told is not as picky and a lot of title washing goes on down there because of it. (Making a salvage car clean) but that another topic.

I don't think this car was imported. Im thinking the original owner did a conversion with parts from a front clip that can be imported very easily. There was a thread not long ago of a member doing this. Could be the same car.
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86718&highlight=hand+drive+conversion&page=2 < not the one I was talking about but you get the idea

So you're thinking its a US VIN, but converted to RHD? Thats possible, but what a bizarre thing to do.

It's true that thanks to the Wild West setup in FL one can accomplish all sorts of shady things, but this is always Russian Roulette.

There have been endless discussions like this on the Skyline forums obviously, with everyone looking to find away around dealing with Motorex, and while skirting the law is possible, you ultimately are running the risk of the car being seized. And then either misrepresenting it (fraud) if you ever want to sell it, or finding another person who doesn't mind that what they're buying can potentially be seized.

Hardly seems viable or worth it, IMO

My question still stands unaswered - why would anyone want an RHD car in the US?

I have a few guesses and that's all they are so please OP don't get upset if my guesses are wrong but here goes:

1. This guy may eventually move where RHD is required.

2. RHD NSXs are valuable - more so than LHDs in the US - outside the US these cars sell for a lot more - like Singapor or the UK and even Japan. This guy maybe smart like a fox.

3. He hasn't answered any of the touchy questions - like how did he get this thing titled in GA, if it is truly in GA. Or anywhere else in the US for that matter.

4. Hasn't told us origin of the car and what he means by a "front clip" - that could be a part conversion like our Primer posted another conversion done in Australia. Could be a "salvage" title that would never be posted to another country....mmmm? Could be totally wrong here too? But we have so little to go on.

I would almost bet that this is not titled but has a dealer tag on it. Is destined to be sold abroad or taken abroad - what other possible reason would someone make a coversion like this in the US? Surely doesn't make it easier to drive. Novelty - don't think so. Making da money - I think so. Big profit to be made selling this to someone out of the country a last year production 2005 RHD - just sayin.....:rolleyes:

I could be totally wrong too - we'll see.....:wink:

"My question still stands unaswered - why would anyone want an RHD car in the US? "
Because it's "cool" to have something most car people don't have in the US. :wink: JDM, yo!!
From his second post, looks like he is in cali.

I agree has delaer tags and will never get a tag from the DMV.

so buy lots of white-out for the temp tags to change the expire date and enjoy LOL

Because it's "cool" to have something most car people don't have in the US. :wink: JDM, yo!!
^This would be my best guess.^

Is it worth more? Don't know. It only worth what people are willing to pay for it. Apparently more according to the OP.

In the show seen a RHD NSX would get more approval then a LHD in the US. If the car was a front clip conversion I don't see why you would have issues legally selling, registering, or insuring the car anywhere. You could do it to your car if you wanted to spend the time and money. If it's a MotoRex special then good luck don't get caught.

"My question still stands unaswered - why would anyone want an RHD car in the US? "
From his second post, looks like he is in cali.

Perhaps if you're a postman! It's dangerous - period! Ever driven in Europe and found yourself on the wrong side of the road? It may be cool to someone obviously this cat thinks it's cool - for what reason is still pure conjecture....

how much weaker would the car be if the whole front clip was transplanted?

That must have been an expensive swap-over. I honestly wouldn't think it was worth it just due to the insane cost and only just for the rare factor.

That's the only reason you'd want a RHD in the US. It's different. No other reason needed.

rhdshabazz is being very cagey.....Even without having mechanical knowledge any car guy worth his salt will know very specificly the history of a rhd car in the US that he now owns .:confused:

Hmmm....could this be a hoax? Just for kicks I googled Akbar Shabaz and Real Estate Broker and nothing came up...hmmm.:rolleyes:

Could this be a reverse image we are seeing?

Hmmm....could this be a hoax? Just for kicks I googled Akbar Shabaz and Real Estate Broker and nothing came up...hmmm.:rolleyes:

Could this be a reverse image we are seeing?

Indeed ,I think its april in July:rolleyes:

Very Good Jet! Could be I suppose. The other referrence to the location is cryptic too - the inland empire or something like that - there is a lot strange about this - more too it though than just different you can bet on it! My 2 cents - we'll see if we hear a lot more about it. If he rounds up with some other NSXrs and it sounds like he wants too - it would be hard to diguise a RHD for a LHD don't you think? More to this story than meets the "eye".

:smile:Finally able to get out for a weekend drive with the Mrs. Overall i am impressed/happy with the car. The front end feels a little light above 80 but i suppose that's because there is no engine weight over the front wheels.

I have not been on in awhile and for all those who are wondering yes, it's a converted US car.

:mad:Need front wheel - I let the Mrs. drive and she dinged up one of the wheels pretty bad. I think it's repairable but would rather just get a wheel that has not been damaged - it's just the stock front wheel passenger side

:smile:Finally able to get out for a weekend drive with the Mrs. Overall i am impressed/happy with the car. The front end feels a little light above 80 but i suppose that's because there is no engine weight over the front wheels.

I have not been on in awhile and for all those who are wondering yes, it's a converted US car.

:mad:Need front wheel - I let the Mrs. drive and she dinged up one of the wheels pretty bad. I think it's repairable but would rather just get a wheel that has not been damaged - it's just the stock front wheel passenger side

Interesting to have the car converted to RHD. Will be in Los Angeles next week so would like to see the car. Where in Inland Empire are you? Like town etc? Having owned a mini cooper S right had drive in CA wondering why you would buy. What say you? Can I come visit your car, love to see a RHD NSX and post pics??

you are very tactful in you sprinkling of information , can you address some of the pointed questions about your cars history.:confused:

Troll alert #2

(OP types)
"let my wife drive it into the curb."
There that ought to really get those primers going!
Now back to 04HondaNSX's thread...

OP is trolling pretty good, here and there, is just a social experiment he is conducting, sadly, seems like he is a pretty talented kid that has chosen this forum as experimenting ground, yet, maybe this is a good experiment on something ...

now, social experiment or not, this is:

127804428733.jpg

In it's best! Congrats OP!

:rolleyes:

Were you out cruising with 04HondaNSX recently? I think I saw pics of you both out. Where do you live again? Has to be close to him.

OP is trolling pretty good, here and there, is just a social experiment he is conducting, sadly, seems like he is a pretty talented kid that has chosen this forum as experimenting ground, yet, maybe this is a good experiment on something ...

now, social experiment or not, this is:

127804428733.jpg

In it's best! Congrats OP!

:rolleyes:

lmao

Back