New Owner...

Hello everyone - after a very long time i finally found exactly what i was looking for a Black Right Hand Drive, it even has low miles - 36K. I'm pretty sure I overpaid for this car but it's in pristine condition and I don't really envision myself selling it for a very long time. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit to what i paid for the car but the last RHD I came across was not black and this is only the 2nd one I've seen for sale in 3 years... so i paid.

I'm not sure if i get so many looks when driving is because it's a NSX or because it's right hand drive, but with all the stares i get when driving make me feel like a movie star.

I hope and look forward to when i can attend a get together to meet up with other owners but unfortunately I'm in the process of starting a new business venture and will be busy for a few months - LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING AS MANY OF YOU AS I CAN:smile:

Last edited:
Re: New Owncer...

CONGRATULATIONS. No need to apologize or feel foolish for the amount you paid. That is your business. Good question on what gets you more stares, the car or the RHD?

Welcome .. and congratulations!!! If you haven't already discovered it, make sure you check out the Wiki (option off the red action bar at the top of most pages) for lots of great information on maintenance, mods, DIY, etc.
Enjoy

welcome,please give us your location,I'm assuming Canada.

i believe inland empire is in riverside/san bernadino in california.

is that near middle earth:redface:

This sounds like the nsxtypes thread when he got a RHD car into the states. We need some more info about this car. Was the car converted to RHD or something?

Congratulations I guess??? Can you tell us why anyone would want a RHD in the US? I'm sure there is something I'm missing but am I the only one that thinks this is wierd? Glad you are a new member though. Let us know how driving on the wrong side of of the street works out for you.

This sounds like the nsxtypes thread when he got a RHD car into the states. We need some more info about this car. Was the car converted to RHD or something?

Indeed. Very interested to know how you got a RHD NSX legally registered and titled in the United States...

From Wikipedia:

The Inland Empire refers to the Piedmont regions of Georgia, alluding to its style as the Empire of the South. The largest city in the region is Atlanta, but a number of other cities are in the region including Athens.

Funny how I have lived in Atlanta most of my life and never recalled the area being called as such.

Well at least we know it's gotta be 1 of these 3 places. :biggrin:

Finally home from work, new business venture is killing me but it should really work out in a few months. I'm really looking forward to being able to meet as many of you as i can. I'm so glad i found this forum - i haven't had a chance to really delve into it but i can tell i will be spending hours and hours on here once i get a chance. And DAMN!! I saw quite a few of you got together this past weekend, i really wish i could have made it.

A few have asked questions on the car. It is an '05 and I'm not very mechanically inclined. I don't work on cars or pretend to know how to or what i'm talking about. I just enjoy being able to get out on a weekend drive as often as i can. That being said, I bought the car private party. It is immaculate and as far as RHD, it was explained to me but sounded more like rocket science - all i remember is something about parts from an imported front clip if that makes any sense to anyone here. When my brother came across the car he told me about it and i had my mechanic look over the car and was told it was worth buying.

Here's a list of cars i've owned/own:

1987 Mitsu Starion
1986 Mustang Svo
1985 1/2 Mustang Svo
1989 Chrys. Conquest / Mitsu Starion - still own
1992 Turbo Supra Targa Auto
2004 PT Cruiser Limited Edition Turbo
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 Convertible - still own
2005 NSX - new to me

Considering a new BMW 335D or New Land Rover Discovery - maybe both:biggrin:

...goodnight all.

I'll say congrats but....

1. It must be a U.S. title car with a RHD conversion to it. Do you mind posting the VIN? Do you think someone swapped a RHD front clip onto this car?

2. If not the above - how was this car imported into the U.S. legally?

It will be interesting to know its history...certainly unique.

rhdshabazz is being very cagey.....Even without having mechanical knowledge any car guy worth his salt will know very specificly the history of a rhd car in the US that he now owns .:confused:

rhdshabazz is being very cagey.....Even without having mechanical knowledge any car guy worth his salt will know very specificly the history of a rhd car in the US that he now owns .:confused:

Agree. Some very well connected/financed people here on Prime have tried to legally import RHD NSXs and found it is impossible.

You nailed it before Doc... The missing piece is that the Inland Empire being referred to *is* the one near Middle Earth. Totally different import laws. Didn't realize they had internet yet though! Go FIOS! :D

lol..... :biggrin:

Agree. Some very well connected/financed people here on Prime have tried to legally import RHD NSXs and found it is impossible.

There are ways you can get the cars in the US. You just cant register the car in the US. I can put a dealer plate on just about anything. Thats why most cars you see that are not US legal have Florida plates or are rocking dealer plates.

Florida from what I have been told is not as picky and a lot of title washing goes on down there because of it. (Making a salvage car clean) but that another topic.

I don't think this car was imported. Im thinking the original owner did a conversion with parts from a front clip that can be imported very easily. There was a thread not long ago of a member doing this. Could be the same car.
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86718&highlight=hand+drive+conversion&page=2 < not the one I was talking about but you get the idea

Last edited:
Wanna sell it?

I will keep it in hidden from the world intill the US government falls like rome and it will fall ,

then I will drive it everyday
without worry, but by then it will be the world like MAD MAX LOL

Wanna sell it?

I will keep it in hidden from the world intill the US government falls like rome and it will fall ,

then I will drive it everyday
without worry, but by then it will be the world like MAD MAX LOL

just think Shawn in your post apacolyptic world you could be a mail carrier......

Back