New owner

Hello all: wanted to say hi.
I have been drooling over this car for 17 years now. I finally got myself in an early ('91) red on black.
Fantastic handling, angry engine, and good brakes.

My initial feeling is that it only needs a bit more power to approach a well rounded terrific car.
I have been reading about super/turbo charging. but am still worried about the stock internals and the high 10.2:1 static compression ratio.

anyways, great to be here...looking forward to getting to know all of you..
cheers

welcome ! show us some pics. I'd def start by buying some NA mods... really opens up the 91's . headers /exhaust.

Welcome and Congrats! Enjoy yourself :smile:

Thank you all. i feel welcomed. I hope you do not mind my endless questions.
here is a picture of the car.

Attachments

• P1310777.jpg
    P1310777.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 144
Welcome to the club, you might just do some Bolt-ons from what I hear they will make a huge difference!

MORE PICS and congrats!

Oscar

Welcome, good choice of color combo. There are a lot of turbo/supercharged NSXs/guys here, you will be more comfortable regarding FI after you have talked with them. Either way, good luck and enjoy her:smile:

thanks you all for your warm welcome.
how do I knwo you love your cars? you call them "she" and "her". When I call my cars or refer to them as she or her, people think I am nuts. Now I know it is normal.

Will get more pics once I figure out what is wrong with my camera.
I will go read the FI forums
thanks
Q

I have been reading about super/turbo charging. but am still worried about the stock internals and the high 10.2:1 static compression ratio.

The compression ratio isn't the problem. The problem is that the motor is an "open deck" design and needs to be modified before boosting it. Proceed with caution and talk to Chris at Science of Speed and the guys at Lovefab about their turbo applications. Whatever you do, please don't bolt one of those silly superchargers on an unmodified motor. To do so is to sentence it to death.

Congrats on the NSX purchase and welcome to Prime!

Hugh: thanks for the feedback. I did not know that the motor was open deck! that is news to me...
I think the compression ratio is still a problem I think the safe limit is 9:1, but other varaibles may also apply.
I think I ma stuck with the CTSC option, given hat it is the only CARB approved system in Cali. You think 5 psi CTSC is still too much for a stock engine?

You think 5 psi CTSC is still too much for a stock engine?

I think any boost is unacceptable for a stock NSX motor. Not only that what are you really gaining for all that cost? Is it really worth it? For about the same money you can have a hand built Science of Speed stroker motor. I'd start there and discuss building the motor to be boost friendly for the future with Chris.

In case you do go ahead and blow up your motor, make a note that I have 2 spare motors in my garage. :)

My condolences for living in California. You folks are burdened with the most ludicrous laws. Have you considered moving to a non-Communist State? :biggrin:

You are funny :smile:
I see your point about the engine. I know NA engines are not designed for boost, but they should be able to take 4-6 pounds. I see your poit though about it being worth it.

I woudl never leave Cali...CARB, expense and all...love it love it love it...
;)

Congrats, from one new Cali-based owner to another :biggrin:

Great looking car! Love the wheels. Did they come with the purchase, or did you buy them after?

Back