New Owner (pics included)

Hi All, just purchased my 97 Red/Tan from a private seller in Florida last saturday. I had planned on having it delivered back but the seller was nice enough to hook me up with a florida demonstration tag... so I drove it back to Maryland. Heck of a trip... only stopped 3 times for fuel/bathroom breaks.

The purchase price was 44,500 with 58k miles. The only problem with the car is the paint. Alot of rock chips on the nose and heavy oxidation on the top side of the car. The car has obviously seen alot of florida sun... the wiper arms were missing half the paint.

I worked on the paint this past weekend. I ordered the complete Zaino kit but they told me Zaino does nothing for oxidation but recommended 3M polishing compound. That did nothing for the oxidation either so 3M's web site's solution was to go to their rubbing compound(which is scary to me). So I ended up using the rubbing compound 3 times on the affected areas. Then 2 layers of the polishing compound, then hit it with some zymol.

I still plan on using the zaino but there are still some oxidation in the paint, particularly on the hood where in some areas, it looks like old corvette fiberglass with the spider webbing affect... especially right near the washer nozzles. I need to talk to a professional and see if it just needs more rubbing compound, sanding, or repaint.

I also took the wiper arms off, sanded, cleaned, primed, and painted them. They look brand new now!! I'm glad I tried that first rather than just buying new ones. The only bummer is that I just had a Md state inspection and I have to replace the rear tires.

Here's some pics:
front.jpg

side.jpg

rear.jpg

rear3quarter.jpg

Last edited:
congratulations. Where are you in Maryland? I'm in Laytonsville.

William
97 NSX-T
Spa Yellow #211

i'm in Forest Hill, it's about 15 miles north of Baltimore... just north of BelAir

Back